GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Head To Head: Focus ST vs. 2015 WRX( Video)

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I think I'm gonna get the WRX... maybe in early 2015. But I could start a thread about it now. so we could discuss it for the next 12-14months.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
I like the MT Head 2 Head videos. The guy does a good job ignoring the spec sheets and gives good feedback on the drive.

Both cars look awesome. I don't think you could lose between them.
New = WRX, for resale value alone
Used = Focus, for same reason, lol

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
^ agreed, but the ST isn't doing that great on resale value from what I've seen so far. I was VERY impressed when I drove one though, so hearing JL say he'd take the WRX is very enticing to me.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
I really really want to drive one of these. Don't want to park it in my driveway, though. /snob :iono:

butchered by autocorrecr

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
^ agreed, but the ST isn't doing that great on resale value from what I've seen so far. I was VERY impressed when I drove one though, so hearing JL say he'd take the WRX is very enticing to me.

No that's what I mean doe. Get the ST used for cheap. But WRX holds its value so well that there is no reason to buy a used one.

Winoman

Ready to race!
This was a great review - thanks for posting.

I like both cars - and am actually surprised that the reviewer liked so much and made a great case for the new WRX. I'm a fan - but I just don't like the looks now particularly and in general with the direction they have been going. The interior is certainly a factor as well.

I really like the Focus ST. If I didn't absolutely need AWD for some reason - this would be the car I would get. But this is really the first review where the car took some legitimate hits that might make me think twice about buying it.

I'm a big fan of the Fiesta ST as well - I prefer the smaller size and the look of it....but I prefer the stock power and the better tuning potential of the 2.0L engine...

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
^agreed with all said above. I love everything about the new WRX except for the new styling. I'm staying optimistic that if its lowered with some new wider wheels and maybe a front lip or something that it'll look great. I'm definitely considering one for the next car. Have to have the man pedal though. A CVT in a WRX is asking for depression. Even if the CVT is apparently really good. Still shit to drive.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Dat Subie is ugly I take the 2014 any day of the week. Wonder if that 6 speed makes it more gas efficient.

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
Dat Subie is ugly I take the 2014 any day of the week. Wonder if that 6 speed makes it more gas efficient.

Dont forget the fact that the WRX has a new 2.0 liter engine instead of the 2.5. I'm sure its much more fuel efficient. That was one of the things the WRX/STI was never very good at.

Winoman

Ready to race!
I'm definitely considering one for the next car. Have to have the man pedal though. A CVT in a WRX is asking for depression. Even if the CVT is apparently really good. Still shit to drive.

Always a worthy car IMO....though price creeping up...

Every time I've driven a vehicle with a CVT I have felt the urge to puke (except once - in my cousin's Nissan Murano - which was just OK...and I could even say I had some fun with it). I could never own one personally - never.

HardCandy

Go Kart Champion
If I get a new car again it might have to be the 15 wrx. Always wanted a bug eyed rex when they came to the states, this is like a reincarnation of that car.

Wheels, suspension (coilovers) light bolt on's and black exterior paint to hide the funky styling would be the ticket for me.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
and the boxer sound? I'm sure some aftermarket headers can bring the sound back

Doubtful. The new WRX uses equal length headers for the twin scroll turbo. My 2012 had unequal length headers with a single scroll turbo, hence the boxer rumble.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I really want to drive the '15 WRX.. no joke.