GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THE FORMULA 1 THREAD

PatientlyWaiting

is waiting patiently
After all the releases today, it boggles my mind that Mclaren is the only one that has a nose that isn't utterly appalling to look at.

Mclaren

I Am The Stig

Hey Now!
Car(s)
'09 Black Magic GTI
Yea, crazy to see your car doesn't quite look like everybody elses... Anyone heard any more details on the Red Bull. What does the duct in the nose do? If it is on a Newey car it is there for a reason!

I Am The Stig

Hey Now!
Car(s)
'09 Black Magic GTI
Just a little over a week until Australia!

Also Senna finally was released on iTunes today. Some stuff is just worth spending the money for.

Also I watched an amazing documentary on F1 in the 60's. It's called Grand Prix - The Killer Years. Shocking to see the complete lack of safety, especially since I started following F1 in the 90's. I never knew Jackie Stewart was such an influential (besides the world championships) figure in how F1 has evolved. The whole hour long show is on DailyMotion.com I highly recommend it for any F1 fan that wants to learn a little bit of the dark history of the sport.

That being said...

Does Ferrari already know they are toast this season?
Red Bull just pulls a new car out of thin air?

Very Exciting

drew622

So ready for the season to start. I'm in the UK for vacation. Just watched a documentary on Hamilton and his little bro. Cool to see someone with a handicap not slow him down.

I Am The Stig

Hey Now!
Car(s)
'09 Black Magic GTI

We can only hope. I'm just worried that all the details at the circuit will be thrown together at the last minute, and the race will get a bad rep before it even starts, kind of like Korea and India. Judging by the quick time lapse video they showed on SPEED before Australia....THERE IS A LOT OF WORK LEFT TO BE DONE. And there isn't really a whole lot of time to do it. We'll see, I hope they pull it off. Then we can start worrying if the NY/NJ race will happen!

I thought Australia was a great start. Awesome to see a fast and consistant drive from Jensen get rewarded. He smoked Lewis off the line and never looked back. I think everyone expected Red Bull to be fast again, but it looks like McLaren, Mercedes, and even Lotus are up to the task this year. You could tell Lewis was not happy getting beat by Vettel again to start the year. I thought Vettel's comments afterwards about catching Lewis even without the safety car were nice jabs. It would have been really interesting if both Mercedes, and Lotus cars would have been able to finish the race. It would have definately made things more interesting at the front, especially after the restart. Kimi asking his team what the blue flags were for was great! Oh yea, and it was nice to see the non-conformist pretty nosed car win!

lightningjack

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
09 GTI
McLaren was looking really good. It must be a total mind F for Kimi coming from rally back to pavement. Not at all surprised Hamilton got screwed up by his team. Probably payback for all his smack talking.

Interested to see what Mercedes is going to do about its much despised rear wing. Regardless this looks to be an interesting season.

Sucked to see Schumacher and Grosjean go out after doing so well in the qualifiers.

f_399

07 GTI and 06 Passat
its the year of mercedes

mclarens investment in their multimillion dollar test facility might payoff this year

I Am The Stig

Hey Now!
Car(s)
'09 Black Magic GTI
its the year of mercedes

mclarens investment in their multimillion dollar test facility might payoff this year

Looks like you may have a point there! Great race yesterday. Shame for Schumi, they were looking strong for a 1-2. Then I guess Button got a similar dose of medicine that prob cost him the win too. It was a great result for Merc. No one can say it was because of their rear wing, Nico didn't even get a chance to use it during the race!

What happened to Kimi? Did they say he had an issue, or did he just get so far out of the grrove that half the field passed him?

Great passing, everyone drove clean (pretty much), drama in the pits, different strategies, Webber on 2 wheels. Now lets see what the plan is for Bahrain. I saw a picture posted last night of an enormous F1 billboard on fire there, it is probably just a few that will protest, but still a very touchy issue.