GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DAB/FM Radio signal

tom1

Ready to race!
I have the 1.6 SE with the standard touch screen radio. Recently the last month or so I get days on end where I can't pick up anything on the FM or DAB radio. Has anyone else had this type of problem? If so how did you fix it?

Barb351

Ready to race!
I have not experienced this problem. My DAB sometimes fades for a few seconds when driving, particularly when driving within a few yards of a mast near my home.

Essjay

Ready to race!
There is an option in "advanced DAB settings" where you can set the receiver to switch to FM automatically when the DAB signal is weak. It will switch back automatically when the signal becomes stronger.

tom1

Ready to race!
FM also dies when DAB dies, its as if the receiver just switches off. I guess its something to add to my list of little problems to be looked at when I take the car for a service next month.

Essjay

Ready to race!
FM also dies when DAB dies, its as if the receiver just switches off. I guess its something to add to my list of little problems to be looked at when I take the car for a service next month.

The manual does say that if FM is also unavailable then the sound will be "muted" until one or the other becomes available again. I must admit though I've never had a sound "failure" on my unit.