GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Socal Canyon/ Track/ Photographer/ Etc Finder

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
This thread will be dedicated for finding others in Southern California who may want join you for a canyon run, track day, or car photography.

Post any upcoming track events or canyon runs in the SoCal region!

Need a photographer or want to shoot some pics of cars? Post here!

Basically, if you're looking for something to go driving with, post it up in this thread.

Giulio24

Passed Driver's Ed
March 11th Track Day!! Who wants to go? I will be attending

Good idea starting this thread.

I do track a lot but I've never heard of Extreme Speed before. Have you tracked with them before? I usually go with Speed Ventures, sometimes Speed District.

I'm going to Big Willow on 04/01 with Speed Ventures and then Buttonwillow on 04/15 with Speed District.

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
Extreme speed was lots of fun. They have cheaper pricing than speed ventures and they provide free timing for everyone. Speed ventures charges extra for a transponder sometimes and the helmet rentals are more expensive.

Giulio24

Passed Driver's Ed
Extreme speed was lots of fun. They have cheaper pricing than speed ventures and they provide free timing for everyone. Speed ventures charges extra for a transponder sometimes and the helmet rentals are more expensive.

How big were the run groups? Were they really packed? What I like about speed ventures is that you always have a lot of track for yourself.

Also, did they have flag crew at every corner? I would have rammed into stalled cars multiple times if it wasn't for them

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
How big were the run groups? Were they really packed? What I like about speed ventures is that you always have a lot of track for yourself.

Also, did they have flag crew at every corner? I would have rammed into stalled cars multiple times if it wasn't for them

Groups were not packed when I went. They separated the groups by skill level. Approximately 10 cars in each group on track. You get enough seat time and the flags are worked well. I wouldn't hesitate to track with them again. Seems like a better deal than speed ventures since Extreme speed usually has the best pricing and their rental helmets look newer than speed ventures.

Giulio24

Passed Driver's Ed
Track day at Buttonwillow this Saturday and Sunday. I'm going on Sat, there are already 3 Rs, 1 GTI and two Focus RS' that are registered for that day. Really fun track for hot hatches.