GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intercooler performance

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
I care haha ambient in the 90's?

Did your oil or coolant temps increase from the thicker core? I just don't have faith CTS tested their unit in hot weather haha

CTS is in Canada, so probably only really have cool weather available. I'm in cool weather also... maybe that's why I'm seeing the equal?

My oil temps range from 105 - 108 Celcius depending on how I drive and if there is stop and go traffic/highway. I use motul X-cess 5w40

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Hrm...that log is odd. It's actually impossible for your charge temp to be below ambient since it is using ambient air to cool the charge.

Great numbers and data on the IE. Good to see these high temp results!

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Hrm...that log is odd. It's actually impossible for your charge temp to be below ambient since it is using ambient air to cool the charge.

Great numbers and data on the IE. Good to see these high temp results!

My thoughts also, before when I saw my IAT's drop under ambient I thought it was weird. It's not possible, right?

Would love any insight on this.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Cold air+Cold engine+not exactly accurate sensor=below ambient readings. I'm sure the CTS unit is great though.

So only some IC's have this anomaly, but others that read higher than ambient are correct? I is the confused, lol.

Oh well I'll just pretend its a miracle.

Perry01

Ready to race!
Roid, Unless you have meth injection into your IC, it's not possible to have IAT's below ambient. Your sensor must be off.

Perry01

Ready to race!
For good data, it's best to log on a hot day and get your motor up to operating temp (IAT's over 120°F). Then take it to 6500 RPM on back to back pulls. This gives real world data.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Roids car is temperamental and a special lady!!!!

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
For good data, it's best to log on a hot day and get your motor up to operating temp (IAT's over 120°F). Then take it to 6500 RPM on back to back pulls. This gives real world data.

I can't it doesnt get that hot here LOL!! 80F is considered hot here.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
I'm wondering if it has something to do with how the log is recorded and the margin of errors in C vs F calculations. Generally only see the at ambient or below ambient (outside of meth/water injection) when the log is in Celsius.