GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intercooler performance

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
WTH?! Did this just happen? I would be steamed. What do think you'll end up doing?

Nothing I can do. It did happen I will show that in the video coming up but oh well. I rigged it with some wire and its solid. Life goes on.

stlgti2

Nothing I can do. It did happen I will show that in the video coming up but oh well. I rigged it with some wire and its solid. Life goes on.
One of mine broke too. The passenger side bottom one. Do any one know what the two large bolts that came with ie intercooler are for?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
One of mine broke too. The passenger side bottom one. Do any one know what the two large bolts that came with ie intercooler are for?

Holds crash bar.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Dudes!!!!! Same tab for me bottom passenger side...potential bad design if we are all messing up the same tab?

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Here is my video that shows the one I broke. Its around the middle of the video if you dont want to cringe on the rest.

https://youtu.be/JVx4xGHwgk8

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
The one that broke on me was the one that holds the condenser coil. The one with the little Allen screws to hold it down

Same one of the 4

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
Sorry you all had this happen!! If it's any consolation, I busted my yellow brackets - lack of finesse on my part or hardened due to excessive heat where I'm at.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
So just to say this. IE is amazing its been in the mid 90s here and the IC great. With A/C on max and doing pulls it reduces the temp every pull and keeps it within 20 of ambient. Without the A/C on 10 over ambient. Love it.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Sorry you all had this happen!! If it's any consolation, I busted my yellow brackets - lack of finesse on my part or hardened due to excessive heat where I'm at.

Ouch. I broke one of mine too but not that severe it still clips it is just cracked.