GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

mkygod

Ready to race!
I had posted earlier in this thread about shipping time for OBDEleven.
I saw a lot of 2 week to 2.5 to 3 weeks before it arrived.

I am approaching the 3 week mark, and had talked to Edvardas through pm, if there was any other way to track these.
His answer was that what he uses to ship is the best he can do.

He said it could take up to 5 weeks for delivery.
Due to his location and the cost to ship with any major shipping co.

Wanted to bring this to the attention of anyone thinking of buying one.
To me its not a deal breaker, he is offering a great product at a great low price for what it does.

Thanks for replying Edvardas.

You never know with international shipping how long things can take. Even with USPS First class mail within the US can take up to 10 days even though 3-5 is typical.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I had posted earlier in this thread about shipping time for OBDEleven.
I saw a lot of 2 week to 2.5 to 3 weeks before it arrived.

I am approaching the 3 week mark, and had talked to Edvardas through pm, if there was any other way to track these.
His answer was that what he uses to ship is the best he can do.

He said it could take up to 5 weeks for delivery.
Due to his location and the cost to ship with any major shipping co.

Wanted to bring this to the attention of anyone thinking of buying one.
To me its not a deal breaker, he is offering a great product at a great low price for what it does.

Thanks for replying Edvardas.

Yeah mine took about 3 weeks. Maybe a tad over. But oh boy was it worth it.

vnl

Passed Driver's Ed
My OBDEleven arrived while I was out of town, but I finally had a chance to play with it the past two days. Worked like a charm up until the old android phone I was using it with entered a boot loop, and now I can't use the OBDEleven since it's not iPhone compatible :( Looks like I'm gonna have to buy another android phone for more than the cost of the OBDEleven.

What I did:

Refuel Quantity
Disabled Door Ignition Chime
Disabled Seatbelt Chime
R-Line Boot Screen
Change Comfort Blink from 3 to 4 blinks
Enabled Gauge Sweep
Kencha Taillights (Love this, I'm digging deeper into the light system to try and improve upon this)
ESC control - My 1.8T only had the option of Activated or ASR Off, now I have Activated, ESC Sport and ESC Off. :D Snow is fun again.

Things I need to figure out:

When I'm pulling out of a parking spot, the brakes sometimes kick in fully even as I'm easing them off. Winds up being very jerky. I'm told this may be the hill hold assist stuff, I've found two settings for those in the brake adaptations, but I'm not sure how to modify them and it's very difficult to screw around with backing in and out of my spot in my building's garage to continually test.

Things I'd like to see from OBDEleven:

- Ability to write your own "apps". I want to quickly be able to change my taillights from Kencha back to Stock with a single click. Having to do Security Access then change ~30 values across 4 different adaptations is a huge pain in the ass. Basically, instead of just logging the history of a change I made, let me re-run that change and merge multiple changes into one script. (I'd also be happy to let you guys sell them for profit so long as you give me the ability to use them myself for free :) )

- iPhone support. I know, I know. It's not possible because you rely on a serial bluetooth connection. Give me some way to let a RPi Zero or Arduino act as an intermediary between the OBDEleven and my iPhone. My old Nexus 5 just crapped out and now I gotta go buy an android device to be able to use OBDEleven. And if you did this it'd mean you could also create a more powerful desktop application too. I'd be happy to help with the iOS side of things. In the meantime, I'm gonna try and rig up my RPi or something else to run Android and have a VNC server on it so I can control it from my iPhone. We'll see how that goes.

- Offline mode. Coding in my underground parking sucks. I have 1 bar on the phone if it's held perfectly still on the dash. Would love to see this added in the future.

renejko123

Passed Driver's Ed
Done us standlight
The coding i used:
STG 09 (Bordnetz) auswählenSTG Zugriffsberechtigung ->*Funktion 16Zugriffscode 31347 eingebenSTG Anpassung -> Funktion 10Kanal (9)-Leuchte 0 BLK VL B36-Lichtfunktion D 0 auswählen (Blinker Vorne Links)Wert auf Standlicht allgemein anpassen

*Kanal (10)-Leuchte 0 BLK VL B36-Dimmwert CD 0 auswählenWert entsprechend anpassen (Dimmgrad in Prozent;*Empfehlung Wert: 30 ( 30%) )

*Kanal (9)-Leuchte1BLK VRB20-Lichtfunktion D 1 auswählen (Blinker Vorne Rechts)Wert auf Standlicht allgemein anpassen

*Kanal (10)-Leuchte1BLK VRB20-Dimmwert CD 1 auswählenWert entsprechend anpassen (Dimmgrad in Prozent)

Damit die Blinker auf der jeweiligen Seite auch beim Blinkvorgang entsprechend die Dimmung aufheben ist folgendes zusätzlich notwendig

Kanal (12)-Leuchte0BLK VL*B36-Lichfunktion E 0 auswählenWert auf Blinken links Dunkelphase anpassen

*Kanal (15)-Leuchte0BLK VL*B36-Dimming Direction EF 0 auswählenWert auf minimize anpassen

*Kanal (12)-Leuchte1BLK VRB20-Lichtfunktion E 1 auswählenWert auf Blinken rechts Dunkelphase anpassen

*Kanal (15)-Leuchte1BLK VRB20-Dimming Direction EF 1 auswählenWert auf minimize anpassen

vnl

Passed Driver's Ed

Seconded, that's what I used for mine. Although I think the coding for the inners could be simplified by combining the Brake Light and Blinker in Bright Phase into AB like the outers do. Still need Dark phase and standing lights flipped for the inners so you get the proper effect when taillights are on though. Will try it out later this week.

Last edited:

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I would probably get ahold of the devs directly to ask the questions you've asked below.

Ask a friend if they have an old android around. Thats what I did. Amazon has some for under $50 as well. Remember, it only needs to run 4.1.

My OBDEleven arrived while I was out of town, but I finally had a chance to play with it the past two days. Worked like a charm up until the old android phone I was using it with entered a boot loop, and now I can't use the OBDEleven since it's not iPhone compatible :( Looks like I'm gonna have to buy another android phone for more than the cost of the OBDEleven.

What I did:

Refuel Quantity
Disabled Door Ignition Chime
Disabled Seatbelt Chime
R-Line Boot Screen
Change Comfort Blink from 3 to 4 blinks
Enabled Gauge Sweep
Kencha Taillights (Love this, I'm digging deeper into the light system to try and improve upon this)
ESC control - My 1.8T only had the option of Activated or ASR Off, now I have Activated, ESC Sport and ESC Off. :D Snow is fun again.

Things I need to figure out:

When I'm pulling out of a parking spot, the brakes sometimes kick in fully even as I'm easing them off. Winds up being very jerky. I'm told this may be the hill hold assist stuff, I've found two settings for those in the brake adaptations, but I'm not sure how to modify them and it's very difficult to screw around with backing in and out of my spot in my building's garage to continually test.

Things I'd like to see from OBDEleven:

- Ability to write your own "apps". I want to quickly be able to change my taillights from Kencha back to Stock with a single click. Having to do Security Access then change ~30 values across 4 different adaptations is a huge pain in the ass. Basically, instead of just logging the history of a change I made, let me re-run that change and merge multiple changes into one script. (I'd also be happy to let you guys sell them for profit so long as you give me the ability to use them myself for free :) )

- iPhone support. I know, I know. It's not possible because you rely on a serial bluetooth connection. Give me some way to let a RPi Zero or Arduino act as an intermediary between the OBDEleven and my iPhone. My old Nexus 5 just crapped out and now I gotta go buy an android device to be able to use OBDEleven. And if you did this it'd mean you could also create a more powerful desktop application too. I'd be happy to help with the iOS side of things. In the meantime, I'm gonna try and rig up my RPi or something else to run Android and have a VNC server on it so I can control it from my iPhone. We'll see how that goes.

- Offline mode. Coding in my underground parking sucks. I have 1 bar on the phone if it's held perfectly still on the dash. Would love to see this added in the future.

vnl

Passed Driver's Ed
I would probably get ahold of the devs directly to ask the questions you've asked below.

Ask a friend if they have an old android around. Thats what I did. Amazon has some for under $50 as well. Remember, it only needs to run 4.1.

I've been in contact with them previously and have reached out to let them know about this post. I posted the feature requests publicly so others can also voice their opinion on whether they'd provide value to them.

I'm usually the friend with the old phones lying around, unfortunately the Nexus 5 was the only android one I had. I'm gonna take the route of grabbing a new Moto E this evening so it will hopefully last for quite a while. $100 CAD and I can just leave it in the car as a dedicated OBD device (and perhaps android auto as well).

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I've been in contact with them previously and have reached out to let them know about this post. I posted the feature requests publicly so others can also voice their opinion on whether they'd provide value to them.

I'm usually the friend with the old phones lying around, unfortunately the Nexus 5 was the only android one I had. I'm gonna take the route of grabbing a new Moto E this evening so it will hopefully last for quite a while. $100 CAD and I can just leave it in the car as a dedicated OBD device (and perhaps android auto as well).

Yeah. I grabbed an original Samsung Galaxy Nexus from a friend of mine. It's from 2011, and while it isn't the fastest thing, it's working great. It had non-working volume buttons which I replaced for $8, then I rooted it and found stock android 4.2 to put on it so I could dump all the Verizon and other nonsense installed on it for running OBDEleven.

Slimshiesty

Ready to race!
Should i wait to use my OBDEleven, till after the software update for the MIB2 system ?
Im running an outdated system software.

Random resets, bluetooth reboots, cant connect to android auto.
taking it to VW in the morning to have it updated, so i can wait... if i should.

getting an itchy trigger finger, now that my OBDEleven arrived last night.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Should i wait to use my OBDEleven, till after the software update for the MIB2 system ?
Im running an outdated system software.

Random resets, bluetooth reboots, cant connect to android auto.
taking it to VW in the morning to have it updated, so i can wait... if i should.

getting an itchy trigger finger, now that my OBDEleven arrived last night.

I don't think it should matter but maybe best? I just wouldn't mess with coding anything in the 5F module, thats the area where folks have edited and then reported things going missing from parts of the MIB II.