GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

MK7.5_Roa

Ready to race!
Should i wait to use my OBDEleven, till after the software update for the MIB2 system ?
Im running an outdated system software.

Random resets, bluetooth reboots, cant connect to android auto.
taking it to VW in the morning to have it updated, so i can wait... if i should.

getting an itchy trigger finger, now that my OBDEleven arrived last night.

How does one usually find out about these updates ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inc55

Go Kart Champion
Just ordered the obdeleven. Will the android tablet I use need to have internet access? If so, can I hook up the tablet to my iphone via hotspot?

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Thank you for the reply guess I'll be paying them a visit tomorrow [emoji1419]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can just call and speak to a service advisor. Just ask him or her to run your VIN and explain you would like to know if there are any software updates for the MIB system available for your car. Save you a trip in.

Slimshiesty

Ready to race!
You can just call and speak to a service advisor. Just ask him or her to run your VIN and explain you would like to know if there are any software updates for the MIB system available for your car. Save you a trip in.

Definitely call first... I assumed that every VW Dealer with a service department had the equipment to do these services.

Only to find i would have to wait a week for them to get the equipment.

mark729

Jesus this got out of hand haha.
Buy the PRO version-$50-You will never need to buy credits.
Use the security codes and you can change almost anything (I know soundaktor isn't available yet)
I have changed the following:
Comfort open and closing
Automatic rain closing
Seatbelt warning off
Fogs on with high beams
LED plate light
Made reverse lights brighter
Turned off DRL
Gal to refuel
Carbon fiber background
Both brake lights for turn signal
Turning off tail light running light when signals engaged.

All of those were done with NO credits.

Hope this helps clear up some confusion.
How did you get rain closing windows?
I have a 2016 golf r ans obdeleven pro but I cound not do that.

Rain Closing
Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
Security access
Access code 31347
Adaptation
(15) Access Control 2-Regenschliessen_ein_aus
Value: Permanent
(16) Access Control 2-Regenschliessen_art
(28) Zugriffskontrolle 2-Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen
Value:Active

I finished till this but can not find below with obdeleven.

Control unit Long Coding
Subsystem: Rain / Light Sensor (RLS)
Byte 0
Bit 1-Bit 2 DeActivate

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32

Control unit Long Coding
Byte 0
Bit 1-Bit 2 DeActivate

I found a few things I needed to translate to in order to find them.

Regen / Lichtsensor is perhaps what you need to look for? I don't have the sensor on my 2016 so I can't check for you. My wife has it on her 2015, but isn't here right now.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
How did you get rain closing windows?
I have a 2016 golf r ans obdeleven pro but I cound not do that.

Rain Closing
Security access
Access code 31347
Adaptation
(15) Access Control 2-Regenschliessen_ein_aus
(16) Access Control 2-Regenschliessen_art
(28) Zugriffskontrolle 2-Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen
Value:Active

Control unit Long Coding
Byte 0
Bit 1-Bit 2 DeActivate

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Mark: hello: Are you sure that the instruction is DEACTIVATE - Should it be ACTIVATE?

Don

PS: the RLS/RLHS/RLFS is a "slave" control module to the BCM, so it should be part of that module's display - I reckon

PPS: lots of mk7 owners can't make this tweak work - so good luck with your efforts

mark729

Mark: hello: Are you sure that the instruction is DEACTIVATE - Should it be ACTIVATE?

Don

PS: the RLS/RLHS/RLFS is a "slave" control module to the BCM, so it should be part of that module's display - I reckon

PPS: lots of mk7 owners can't make this tweak work - so good luck with your efforts

Well.. I copied and pasted here from somewhere..
it might be the activate.
Anyway I gave up this now. I can see the automatically closing in rain menu in car setting but tried to check it but did not work. (sure doors locked and windows opened and wait a mins then pour water where the sensor located)

Maybe I need to factory reset?
(On the Factory Setting screen, select Reset Mirror and Wiper Settings)

however, after figuring out long time for auto rain closing, now my passenger auto up and down stopped working :(

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Well.. I copied and pasted here from somewhere..
it might be the activate.
Anyway I gave up this now. I can see the automatically closing in rain menu in car setting but tried to check it but did not work. (sure doors locked and windows opened and wait a mins then pour water where the sensor located)

Maybe I need to factory reset?
(On the Factory Setting screen, select Reset Mirror and Wiper Settings)

however, after figuring out long time for auto rain closing, now my passenger auto up and down stopped working :(

Mark: I wrote very detailed instructions regarding the Auto Rain Close tweak which you can find at the link below. It's intended for a VCDS cable, but it doesn't matter because the adaptation/coding changes are the same.

Regarding the passenger window, if you have used "factory reset", I suggest that you check whether "convenience opening" is correctly set on the Menu. (see bottom of my 2nd post)

Don

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/for...s-golf-mk7-84619-post1084337.html#post1084337

mark729

Mark: I wrote very detailed instructions regarding the Auto Rain Close tweak which you can find at the link below. It's intended for a VCDS cable, but it doesn't matter because the adaptation/coding changes are the same.

Regarding the passenger window, if you have used "factory reset", I suggest that you check whether "convenience opening" is correctly set on the Menu. (see bottom of my 2nd post)

Don

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/for...s-golf-mk7-84619-post1084337.html#post1084337

First of all, thanks for everything and I followed your kencha tails tweak and its working great!!! :)

I did everything except your Part 1 link you gave.
Also did factory reset for mirror and wipers but still nothing happened.
There is automatic closing in rain menu on car setting :(

On Obdeleven, there is no Byte 0. All I see at long coding on Obdeleven is start with Byte 00.
So I have no idea how to perform rest of it with Obdeleven.
(Select Byte 0 and place a tick in Bit 1 and Bit 2 as shown in the picture below. Exit this screen)

and my passenger window, I checked "convenience opening" is correctly set on the Menu for all windows.