GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TIFU by not knowing what kind of pepper I was cooking with

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I like to cook and I'll knock together a batch of chili on a fairly regular basis. Usually with a few Jalapenos and another mild-ish chili for flavor, and a scotch bonnet for heat. This weekend Mrs Dutch told me she was given a few peppers and asked if I'd make a batch, which I started this morning. I like to char my peppers and then blend them in some sauce before adding to the mix so I tossed them in the toaster on broil and set about working on the rest.

The first hint I ignored was when I opened the toaster to flip them over and within seconds started sneezing and trying to suppress a massively runny nose. Then again, when I finally took them out and tossed in the blender, seeds and all.

When I got everything in the pot I texted Mrs Dutch:

"What kind of peppers did you say these were?"

"Ghost"

"Ah. We're screwed. I put all three in."

I like some spice but I took a little taste and this stuff will put hair on your eyeballs.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
No, and I'm ok with keeping it that way. I haven't even eaten this stuff yet and I'm already sweating.

Last edited:

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Don't care about that but the GTI gets buried with me.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
My haiku:

Add them all he did
Everyone ate and cried, then they said
Time for group Dutch Oven!

"What's this?" he said, and tossed them in,
"Waste not, want not, 'tis a sin."
Took one bite and made a din,
The mystery morsel had done him in!

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
I've ruined many a batch of chili by getting over enthusiastic with the peppers. Never as bad as ghost peppers though. Stubbornly, I try to eat it anyway and suffer, both at the intake and exhaust. Let me know how it comes "out."