GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic

madelinot

Ready to race!
No dyno numbers. I did not run it at the track before. I was 100% stock other than the stage 1.5 tune when I ran at the track. I now have more stuff installed and still more to come... Stage 2 very soon...

rr1santos

Ready to race!
since stage 2 requires 93 octane...can I do e25-e30 blend to "compensate"?

also I saw on modded euro that there is a stage 2+ but it looks like its only for gti that upgrades to is38?

window shopping tunes to stack with jb4.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Bought my CPO '16 R DSG in mid November and swore I was not going to mod it like my previous car ('15 ZL1) as it is my DD and need it dependable for long highway runs.......well....two weeks later, I had the stage 1+ loaded (we have 93 here in FL) and it runs great. Don't feel the need for the DSG tune as it feels fine plus I'm not doing constant launches...car pulls and shifts great when I need it to. Time will tell if I take the next step and add the hardware for stage 2 and if I do, the DSG tune will also be added at that time. I haven't timed it but the car does feel like it is definitely a sub 4 sec 0-60 time.

Thanks for your feedback! I assure you that after trying our DSG Performance Software, you will regret not doing it sooner.

since stage 2 requires 93 octane...can I do e25-e30 blend to "compensate"?

also I saw on modded euro that there is a stage 2+ but it looks like its only for gti that upgrades to is38?

window shopping tunes to stack with jb4.

Ethanol does not equate to higher octane fuel. The IS38 turbo is the OEM turbocharger on the Golf R/S3, so there is not currently an OEM-frame turbo upgrade for the Golf R/S3.

rr1santos

Ready to race!
Thanks for your feedback! I assure you that after trying our DSG Performance Software, you will regret not doing it sooner.

Ethanol does not equate to higher octane fuel. The IS38 turbo is the OEM turbocharger on the Golf R/S3, so there is not currently an OEM-frame turbo upgrade for the Golf R/S3.

I just learned that after reading another thread on e85..oops

Ok so this will work on golf r?

https://www.moddedeuros.com/products/unitronic-stage-2plus-ecu-upgrade-2-0-tsi-ea888-gen-3-mqb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion

No, that will NOT work on MK7 Golf R or 8V S3.

The IS38 turbocharger comes OEM/STOCK on a MK7 Golf R and 8V S3 — you can reference either our website or even Modded Euro's fitment guide on the same page you linked to, as it lists MK7 GTI / 8V A3. The MK7 GTI/8V A3 comes OEM/STOCK with an IS20. Our Stage 2+ Software is designed for MK7 GTI / 8V A3 owners who upgrade their IS20 to an IS38.

rr1santos

Ready to race!
No, that will NOT work on MK7 Golf R or 8V S3.

The IS38 turbocharger comes OEM/STOCK on a MK7 Golf R and 8V S3 — you can reference either our website or even Modded Euro's fitment guide on the same page you linked to, as it lists MK7 GTI / 8V A3. The MK7 GTI/8V A3 comes OEM/STOCK with an IS20. Our Stage 2+ Software is designed for MK7 GTI / 8V A3 owners who upgrade their IS20 to an IS38.

Ok makes sense then. I figured t would work since R is already is38. Thanks for clarification. Learn something new each time I sign on here.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Ok makes sense then. I figured t would work since R is already is38. Thanks for clarification. Learn something new each time I sign on here.

The engine between the MK7 GTI/8V A3 and the MK7 Golf R/8V S3 is not the same.

rr1santos

Ready to race!
The engine between the MK7 GTI/8V A3 and the MK7 Golf R/8V S3 is not the same.

Thanks. Sorry for all the noob posts.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
John, I have a few questions about the tunes you offer...

Do any of the tunes offer "no lift" shifting for cars with a manual transmission?

I heard from Paul @ DAP that you tune the cars by gear reducing peak torque in the lower gears to prevent the driver from blowing the tires off the car?

How's the throttle response compared to stock?

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
John, I have a few questions about the tunes you offer...

Do any of the tunes offer "no lift" shifting for cars with a manual transmission?

I heard from Paul @ DAP that you tune the cars by gear reducing peak torque in the lower gears to prevent the driver from blowing the tires off the car?

How's the throttle response compared to stock?

Thanks for your questions.

We don't offer No Lift Shifting (NLS) for 6MT cars at the moment. No promises, but perhaps it will be added in the future.

We do limit torque in lower gears for front-wheel drive (FWD) vehicles.

Throttle response is great compared to stock!

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Thanks for your questions.

We don't offer No Lift Shifting (NLS) for 6MT cars at the moment. No promises, but perhaps it will be added in the future.

We do limit torque in lower gears for front-wheel drive (FWD) vehicles.

Throttle response is great compared to stock!
NLS would be a fantastic addition to the tune :cool:

Did some more research last night and found another person that reviewed the tune and said throttle response was very similar to a cable throttle. That's good enough for me :D :cool:

gti5notrkt1

Passed Driver's Ed
> John@Unitronic

John,

What's the situation on intercooler supply? Back in February you ran a promotion for the IC @$100 off = $599 which I jumped on and ordered from Deutche Auto Parts since the shipping time was 3-5 business days (ordered on 2/27). It's now SEVEN weeks later and as of today DAP still has not been informed by Unitronic when this will ship. I realize that this promo probably caused a backlog of orders, but my patience is starting to wear a little thin since I need to get this install done ASAP.

Care to enlighten me on a firm ship date?

Thanks,
Jon Andrews.

mk7gti2.0

Ready to race!
Wow that's messed up they would put you on back order and not give any sort of timeframe. I'd just cancel the order doesn't sound worth it to me.

jb99875

Ready to race!
Wow that's messed up they would put you on back order and not give any sort of timeframe. I'd just cancel the order doesn't sound worth it to me.

Yeah i really like unitronic, ill have an is38 monday or tuesday but ill still be waiting on my IC. I know its not you cant always prepare and sometimes get a shortage, but it would of been nice to get an email or something.