GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic

limited_explorer

Passed Driver's Ed
For those interested, I've had the unitronic tune for a couple months now and I have no issues whatsoever. Great power all the way up to red redline all day all the time. Tonight I went to the dragstrip to try it out was very impressed with the numbers. 11.915 1/4 mile 114 mph. Temperature was 17 celcius. My car #300.

View attachment 11458

Mk7 Golf R Unitronic Stage 2, Unitronic Stage 2 DSG, Unitronic downpipe, Unitronic intake, Oem Cat-Back, IE Intercooler, OEM Cadiz with conti, Full interior with spare mod. 94 Petro Canada fuel.

If John from Uni sees this (Great Tune), I work at one of your dealers in Mtl (Jonathan from Alex)Steve is the other car Mk7 GTI DSG Stg 2.
bon temps sa ! Jai un r 2017 jattend pour etre tuner sais tu si unitronic les fond je regardais plutot pour united si tu veux on pourrais voir la difference entre les 2 stage 2 a napi ...

MK7RCan

bon temps sa ! Jai un r 2017 jattend pour etre tuner sais tu si unitronic les fond je regardais plutot pour united si tu veux on pourrais voir la difference entre les 2 stage 2 a napi ...

Unitronic son entraint de faire la file pour ton r 2017, ca ne devrait pas etre trop long d'ici 1 a 2 semaine. On ira voir ca a Napi si possible. Tu peux venir faire flasher a ma job si tu est pres de Mtl..

limited_explorer

Passed Driver's Ed
Unitronic son entraint de faire la file pour ton r 2017, ca ne devrait pas etre trop long d'ici 1 a 2 semaine. On ira voir ca a Napi si possible. Tu peux venir faire flasher a ma job si tu est pres de Mtl..
le probleme est que je veux faire le stage 3 cts turbo lete prochain je veux pas repayer des tunes et c est united qui vont faire la tune !

MK7RCan

le probleme est que je veux faire le stage 3 cts turbo lete prochain je veux pas repayer des tunes et c est united qui vont faire la tune !

Effectivement !! Tu est mieux aller d'aller united tu va sauver sur le flash upgrade.. Moi j'ai penser aller tte turbo 470 ou 525r quand le budget va le permettre et quand un flash sera disponible. Je sais que united on travailler la dessus avec un tte 525 sais pas si ils sont pret par contre..

limited_explorer

Passed Driver's Ed
Effectivement !! Tu est mieux aller d'aller united tu va sauver sur le flash upgrade.. Moi j'ai penser aller tte turbo 470 ou 525r quand le budget va le permettre et quand un flash sera disponible. Je sais que united on travailler la dessus avec un tte 525 sais pas si ils sont pret par contre..

Oui c est pret et cest eux qui font le kit cts et c est aussi assurement eu qui vont faire le kit iroz motorsport avec le turbo xona rotor

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
For those interested, I've had the unitronic tune for a couple months now and I have no issues whatsoever. Great power all the way up to red redline all day all the time. Tonight I went to the dragstrip to try it out was very impressed with the numbers. 11.915 1/4 mile 114 mph. Temperature was 17 celcius. My car #300.

View attachment 11458

Mk7 Golf R Unitronic Stage 2, Unitronic Stage 2 DSG, Unitronic downpipe, Unitronic intake, Oem Cat-Back, IE Intercooler, OEM Cadiz with conti, Full interior with spare mod. 94 Petro Canada fuel.

If John from Uni sees this (Great Tune), I work at one of your dealers in Mtl (Jonathan from Alex)Steve is the other car Mk7 GTI DSG Stg 2.

Great results! Thanks for the kind words; looking forward to seeing more results soon!

Axles of Evil

Ready to race!
Uni1 Stage 1+ with TCU Stage 1

2016 GTI, 3,000 miles and flashed to Unit S1+ and TCU S1.

The Result?

AWESOME (and as mentioned before, DSG TCU tune is fantastic!) :)

Only 92 fuel available in our area :(

Pulls like a freight train all the same.

A+++++

madelinot

Ready to race!
I've been running the Unitronic Stage 1.5 for a few months now, along with the DSG stage 1. No issues whatsoever. It pulls nice and harder than stock obviously. I ran 12.2 in the quarter mile with it, stock otherwise. My previous car had close to 600whp, so I still have a long way to go to get the same kick-in-the-butt feeling. But my xMas gifts include a whole bunch of upgrades: downpipe, BOV, Muffler delete, throttle pipe, turbo inlet hose and intercooler. After this, Stage 2 software for ECU and DSG (which I already have) and I am hoping for mid 11s.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
If you haven't purchased yet, you can save some money by not getting the BOV, and throttle pipes. The stock DV is good to 540 bhp (and still going), and the throttle pipes are not a source of restriction (nor is the muffler delete).

Recent thread on stage 3 cars showcased that it was believed that the aftermarket charge pipes, aftermarket throttle pipes, and aftermarket BOV's were creating performance issues, and were replaced (back to OEM/stock) as part of an overhaul, resulting in restored performance and roughly 540 crank horsepower. There was no performance benefit at high horsepower levels with those particular modifications. Even with the bends and crushed parts of the stock system, they flow fine at stage 3 levels.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
2016 GTI, 3,000 miles and flashed to Unit S1+ and TCU S1.

The Result?

AWESOME (and as mentioned before, DSG TCU tune is fantastic!) :)

Only 92 fuel available in our area :(

Pulls like a freight train all the same.

A+++++

Thanks for your feedback. Glad you're enjoying it!

I've been running the Unitronic Stage 1.5 for a few months now, along with the DSG stage 1. No issues whatsoever. It pulls nice and harder than stock obviously. I ran 12.2 in the quarter mile with it, stock otherwise. My previous car had close to 600whp, so I still have a long way to go to get the same kick-in-the-butt feeling. But my xMas gifts include a whole bunch of upgrades: downpipe, BOV, Muffler delete, throttle pipe, turbo inlet hose and intercooler. After this, Stage 2 software for ECU and DSG (which I already have) and I am hoping for mid 11s.

Glad you're enjoying our Stage 1+ software! Once you upgrade to Stage 2, several Client's have dipped into the 11's using our Stage 2 software on both pump and race gas.

subaruski

Is the stage 2 ECU tune a 93 octane only option? Is there something for us folks that want to go stage 2 on 91 octane?

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Is the stage 2 ECU tune a 93 octane only option? Is there something for us folks that want to go stage 2 on 91 octane?

You can use Stage 2 with 93 octane or top-tier 91 octane. Output will be reduced using the lesser quality fuel, though.

cal45

Ready to race!
Bought my CPO '16 R DSG in mid November and swore I was not going to mod it like my previous car ('15 ZL1) as it is my DD and need it dependable for long highway runs.......well....two weeks later, I had the stage 1+ loaded (we have 93 here in FL) and it runs great. Don't feel the need for the DSG tune as it feels fine plus I'm not doing constant launches...car pulls and shifts great when I need it to. Time will tell if I take the next step and add the hardware for stage 2 and if I do, the DSG tune will also be added at that time. I haven't timed it but the car does feel like it is definitely a sub 4 sec 0-60 time.

Got-Boost?

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone else dyno before/after they tuned?

Did you by chance dyno your car before/after the tune to see the gains?

Just to clarify, you are 100% stock except the tune and DSG tune?

What did your car run at the track before the tune?