GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications)

Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM   #1225
crild

Drives: MK7 R
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadMax8 View Post
I don't give two craps whether the general public knows what fog lights are or not. Every time someone I knew was following me, they'd say something. That means they noticed me. In dodgy conditions, I'd rather someone notice me and wonder wtf was wrong with my car than hit me.

In heavy snow, I used to turn my GTI headlights off and just run my fogs. Whenever it rains or snows heavy, I ran my rear fog.

I've seen rear fog switches for Golf R's. When I get my tails, I'll definitely get rear fog lights. The question is, one or two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty sure passenger side has it regardless and the driver side is the option of yes or no. Havent seen a part # for a fog and non fog passenger light.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
crild is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM   #1226
NeedSleep

Drives: 2017 GTI Sport DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by crild View Post
Pretty sure passenger side has it regardless and the driver side is the option of yes or no. Havent seen a part # for a fog and non fog passenger light.

Kinda confused here. The cars245 page for the right side inner tail (5G0945308P) says PR-8TA, which says it's without rear fog light. Does it have a rear fog after all?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
NeedSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM   #1227
crild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedSleep View Post
Kinda confused here. The cars245 page for the right side inner tail (5G0945308P) says PR-8TA, which says it's without rear fog light. Does it have a rear fog after all?

Believe so. Jbale can confirm.

Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM   #1228
NeedSleep

Drives: 2017 GTI Sport DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCR-R View Post
Would it be much different than having the parking lights on while driving all the time? I see some R's around here that did the VCDS tweak to have the rear parking lights on with DRLs.

I like the symmetry of both rear fogs on at once... the single one in my old A4 used to bug me since everyone used to tell me one of my rear lights was burnt out grrrrr....
In some (?) US states, it's illegal to drive with just parking lights. But yes, there's a tweak to have running lights in the rear with just DRLs in the front.

In my previous car, the parking light setting is tied to the DRL, so if the parking brake is on, it's showing parking lights (up front, this triggers side marker ambers). If the parking brake is off, the DRL shows (side marker ambers turn off, and the high beam bulbs towards the middle of the car are used in a low output mode).

Would one get pulled over for driving with parking lights? Probably not....unless you get that one cop.

NeedSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM   #1229
KroniK25

Drives: MK7 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by deAutoLED.com View Post
Are the fogs regular bulbs?

Tails look great though.

What part of them are not LED?
Everything is led in these new taillights
KroniK25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM   #1230
supesgolfr

Drives: Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by KroniK25 View Post
Everything is led in these new taillights
This is an important point. I didn't realize this when I was first doing research and went ahead to source some LED reverse lights because they're missing from the Mk7 Euro Taillights. It cost me quite a bit of money only to realize that the FL Tail Lights already have LED reverse lights!

Luckily I was able to sell them at a small loss.
supesgolfr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:48 AM   #1231
LachlanGordon

Drives: MK7 GTI MY15 Pure White, E320, shitty Yaris
I have a question, I have a row European built gti with the bulbed tails (non led), I've ordered the tail lights and the adapter harness, do I need anything else to get the lights to work?
LachlanGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:52 AM   #1232
crild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LachlanGordon View Post
I have a question, I have a row European built gti with the bulbed tails (non led), I've ordered the tail lights and the adapter harness, do I need anything else to get the lights to work?
No, but which harness did you order

Old Today, 10:01 AM   #1233
rafikiraf

Drives: 2017 VW R
Please help me understand. I got lost with entire process of installing FL taillights. I have mk7 led taillights in the car with extra harness connected into bcm. As of now my car is wired and coded same way as row versions.
There is mk7.5 taillights set you can purchase from vw in Europe for 519 eur. And according to the manual (see attachment) I would have to add extra wire to bcm and code. Will this setup spare me from buying Audiamant harness in addition. http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5971c2fe...0C_ENG_002.pdf

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
rafikiraf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:15 AM   #1234
NCR-R

Drives: 2017 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by crild View Post
Not sure what you're talking about. Links or pics?

Scandinavian DRLs (Tail lights on with DRLs):
(6)-Daytime running lights-Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusartzlich Standlicht == active
NCR-R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:25 PM   #1235
crild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafikiraf View Post
Please help me understand. I got lost with entire process of installing FL taillights. I have mk7 led taillights in the car with extra harness connected into bcm. As of now my car is wired and coded same way as row versions.
There is mk7.5 taillights set you can purchase from vw in Europe for 519 eur. And according to the manual (see attachment) I would have to add extra wire to bcm and code. Will this setup spare me from buying Audiamant harness in addition. http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5971c2fe...0C_ENG_002.pdf

You will need the audiamant adapter.

Old Today, 03:30 PM   #1236
JBale

Drives: 2015 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafikiraf View Post

Yes, getting the kit through VW and using their wiring method would spare you the need of buying the audiamant adapters.
JBale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:49 PM   #1237
crild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBale View Post
Yes, getting the kit through VW and using their wiring method would spare you the need of buying the audiamant adapters.
Different connectors?

Old Today, 09:33 PM   #1238
rafikiraf

Drives: 2017 VW R
In manual there are pn for connectors to swap

rafikiraf is online now   Reply With Quote