GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I have a question, I have a row European built gti with the bulbed tails (non led), I've ordered the tail lights and the adapter harness, do I need anything else to get the lights to work?
No, but which harness did you order

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

rafikiraf

Ready to race!
Please help me understand. I got lost with entire process of installing FL taillights. I have mk7 led taillights in the car with extra harness connected into bcm. As of now my car is wired and coded same way as row versions.
There is mk7.5 taillights set you can purchase from vw in Europe for 519 eur. And according to the manual (see attachment) I would have to add extra wire to bcm and code. Will this setup spare me from buying Audiamant harness in addition. http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5971c2fedad34/904_DEBA_5G1052200C_ENG_002.pdf

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Please help me understand. I got lost with entire process of installing FL taillights. I have mk7 led taillights in the car with extra harness connected into bcm. As of now my car is wired and coded same way as row versions.
There is mk7.5 taillights set you can purchase from vw in Europe for 519 eur. And according to the manual (see attachment) I would have to add extra wire to bcm and code. Will this setup spare me from buying Audiamant harness in addition. http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5971c2fedad34/904_DEBA_5G1052200C_ENG_002.pdf

You will need the audiamant adapter.

JBale

Ready to race!

Yes, getting the kit through VW and using their wiring method would spare you the need of buying the audiamant adapters.

rafikiraf

Ready to race!
Yes it is. Audiamant harness is half price of entire taillights set. I guess it was good idea to wire car same as row while led retrofit year ago.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Yes it is. Audiamant harness is half price of entire taillights set. I guess it was good idea to wire car same as row while led retrofit year ago.

Well i have the oem wiring harness sitting around so i could of turned my nar into full row wiring and had a super clean oem swap but oh well

kdub808

Ready to race!
Flapje said:
You need to change the CHLH coding, to make the inner taillights light up as well..

'Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion B 27' change from 'not active' to 'Parklicht links (beidseitiges Parklicht aktiviert li & re)'

Thanks! [emoji1360]

I was wondering why they weren't working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeblonewjersey

Ready to race!
74 pages, 1/2 way through, lost

I have a 2016 GTI-S with the OEM LED taillights and BEC harness.
I'd like to get sequential amber "flowing" turn signals from my existing retrofit installation.
What do I buy or do I remove everything and buy all new stuff and sell the old stuff?
I've attempted to digest the current 74 pages of information, and 1/2 way through I'm a bit confused and lost.
MAYBE a new thread needs to be started to have a fresh, clean starting point for the conversion and not dwell on of the previous unknowns.
OR, vey simply have a chart: If you have this, you need that, if you want this result, you need these, etc. and so forth.
Is there a solution or is all of this trial and error and a work in progress?

simba34

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a 2016 GTI-S with the OEM LED taillights and BEC harness.
I'd like to get sequential amber "flowing" turn signals from my existing retrofit installation.
What do I buy or do I remove everything and buy all new stuff and sell the old stuff?
I've attempted to digest the current 74 pages of information, and 1/2 way through I'm a bit confused and lost.
MAYBE a new thread needs to be started to have a fresh, clean starting point for the conversion and not dwell on of the previous unknowns.
OR, vey simply have a chart: If you have this, you need that, if you want this result, you need these, etc. and so forth.
Is there a solution or is all of this trial and error and a work in progress?

This thread is for the MK7.5 tails. Yes, you would need to sell everything and install them. However, there are certain aftermarket solutions that allow the MK7 tails to have a similar effect - not quite the same. I believe youtuber zed4me had done a video on this.

supesgolfr

Ready to race!
I got these installed thanks to the magic of Jbale. If you have any doubts about these FL tails, don't. There are beautiful!

The pictures I've seen online don't do it justice. Most people have taken pictures of these using their cell phones, and in the dark, the cell phones just don't capture the beauty of these lights. I think they are better looking than any other tail light I've seen in North America, including those from Lamborghini, Porsche or Aston Martin.

The signal lights look so nice and unique. The thin line that lights up dynamically is so unique in North America, first because no other car has a thin line for a signal light, and second because no other car has an orange dynamic pattern.

The Mk7 LEDs lights, are "nice", but they're not stunning like these FL "mk7.5" tail lights. The only problem is that these lights only turn on at night. They are too good looking to be only seen at night.