GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Twintercooler Vs CTS FMIC

Mk72015

Ready to race!
I think im gonna go with the twincooler set up

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Lol. I'm waiting for the Rev9 eBay version of the twin cooler for 1/2 the price. ;).

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
I want to see some more twin cooler pics!!!! Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
You can also try Golfmk7forum in the coupon section of moddedeuros.

JakeFromStateFarm

Ready to race!
Just installed the CTS FMIC yesterday. Overall I'm really happy with it. The hardest part of the install was drilling through the crash bar. I had to buy special drill bits for hard metal and it still took a LONG time to get through it. It took about 3 hours including running to the store. The instructions were pretty sloppy though. Nothing that was a deal breaker, but there were some steps that were missing or unclear. For instance, there are plastic pieces in front of the radiator that have to be removed or the fmic just will not fit at all, but the instructions never mention them. And the list of tools they provide doesn't have all the correct sizes listed. But I'm just being nitpicky. Everything was easy enough to figure out, everything looks great and fits well. I haven't been able to performance test it yet so I'll be back with that eventually.

Venumous

Ready to race!
Just installed the CTS FMIC yesterday. Overall I'm really happy with it. The hardest part of the install was drilling through the crash bar. I had to buy special drill bits for hard metal and it still took a LONG time to get through it. It took about 3 hours including running to the store. The instructions were pretty sloppy though. Nothing that was a deal breaker, but there were some steps that were missing or unclear. For instance, there are plastic pieces in front of the radiator that have to be removed or the fmic just will not fit at all, but the instructions never mention them. And the list of tools they provide doesn't have all the correct sizes listed. But I'm just being nitpicky. Everything was easy enough to figure out, everything looks great and fits well. I haven't been able to performance test it yet so I'll be back with that eventually.

Good deal man. FedEx tried and failed to deliver mine SOD yesterday, you know because most people don't work during the week and just sit at home waiting to sign for packages, thanks CTS. I live in the middle of nowhere, I understand it if you live in a townhouse or in the city.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Nice to hear some reviews on it. Had a chance to log IATs or anything yet?

JakeFromStateFarm

Ready to race!
Nice to hear some reviews on it. Had a chance to log IATs or anything yet?

Nah, no chances yet. All I have is a bluetooth obd2 adapter and the Torque app. Can you log temps from that?

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Not sure honestly. Never played with it so maybe someone who has can chime in :)

Venumous

Ready to race!
Just an update, I have the CTS FMIC installed and it performs very well at Stage 2 levels. I will get some logs to compare but Temps drop substantially at tip-in and hold what looks to be around 10-15 or so degrees above ambient if I remember correctly off the top of my head. Once I get some logs I will post them here.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
My Twintercooler performed within 10-15 degrees above ambient air temp, when it was cold out it performed even better.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
I will be going twin eventually.

Venumous

Ready to race!
Twintercooler would at least save you from having to drill through the hardened steel crash bar, which sucked @ss. Once the holes are drilled it fits perfectly and I had no issues with the bumper or anything.

Last edited: