GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Twintercooler Vs CTS FMIC

Hexxum001

Ready to race!
My Twintercooler will be here next Monday and it will be installed next Saturday. I originally ordered the IE IC but it is out of stock until the end of April so I ended up just going with the Forge Twintercooler instead.

oorrllyy

Ready to race!
Twintercooler, easy choice just for the less pressure drop alone.

Where did you get info on pressure drop with the twintercooler? (Not being a smart ass, just genuinely interested)

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Curious as well. Forge never responded to any emails requesting pressure drop data on their twincooler or full replacement. (neither did APR). If you have the data, please share! (with source as well!)

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
I wish I had my own data to share, this is info I have receive from GIAC. They are not affiliated with Forge in any way so they have no reason to lead me wrong. From what I am told, aside from some of the stock location intercoolers the Forge Twintercooler shows the lowest pressure drop from all of the intercoolers they have tested.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
That still isn't a number. Need some sort of actual data. How did they test? At what rpm etc? To really understand pressure drop you need a graph vs rpm like i.e. Or the Wagner. Of the actual data sets, I think Wagner has the least pressure drop (least amount of psi lost through the intercooler).

If they are willing to share the data that would be awesome.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
My Twintercooler will be here next Monday and it will be installed next Saturday. I originally ordered the IE IC but it is out of stock until the end of April so I ended up just going with the Forge Twintercooler instead.

Looks better if nothing else ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcruz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk8 Golf R
Got my CTS fmic installed this weekend, and it's a great upgrade from my golf r to say the least. When doing a quick log I saw my IAT get to 3 over ambient when accelerating. I have no experience with the twintercooler, so I can't comment on that

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hexxum001

Ready to race!
Speaking of Twintercoolers.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
How was the install through the crash bar? and how has engine temp been?

jcruz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk8 Golf R
How was the install through the crash bar? and how has engine temp been?
The install was not bad at all, just make sure you have QUALITY Cobalt drill bits. The Milwaukee bits I got were not great, so I had to buy extra since they dulled rather quickly. Temp all around seem to be great. The big plus for me the total ease install, if you have the right bits, the total install should not take more then 60-90 min.

Venumous

Ready to race!
He's right it's very easy once you've drilled through the crash bar. Titanium Nitride bits are not good enough.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Were either of you able to check pressure drop vs stock/

Thanks for the info. If it goes back on sale I might grab one.

jcruz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk8 Golf R
Were either of you able to check pressure drop vs stock/

Thanks for the info. If it goes back on sale I might grab one.
I was not able to perform any pressure related testing unfortunately