GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLF MK7 VCDS TWEAKS

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
I did some tweaks last night thanks to wy2sl0. sound aktor and torque limiter gone. Rain closing windows, fob open/close windows. also did fogs as coming/leaving home and removed the amber running light from my headlights. Everything went fine!!!
thanks wy2sl0!!

cgentil

Passed Driver's Ed
I tested today again.

And I have SOC activated, but guess when I tested before it wasn't there.

And I can't find the option to activate or deactivate on VCDS, but SOC is active.

How that's possible? Strange.

Anyone can post a photo of activation of SOC on vcds?

Thanks.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
I tested today again.

And I have SOC activated, but guess when I tested before it wasn't there.

And I can't find the option to activate or deactivate on VCDS, but SOC is active.

How that's possible? Strange.

Anyone can post a photo of activation of SOC on vcds?

Thanks.

Read this: http://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/17877-battery-charge-level-or-soc-state-of-charge/
and this:
https://sites.google.com/a/naturalnetworks.ca/vw-golf-mk7-vcds-how-to/instruments/battery-soc

And please don't post things twice if people don't anwser quick enough.

cgentil

Passed Driver's Ed

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I’ve got stop-start and no luck with OBD11, does not appear in adaptation.
Having stop-start doesn't mean your car supports the ability to tell you SoC

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

cgentil

Passed Driver's Ed
Then the firmware in the car doesn't support it.

How SOC is active? I can see the SOC. It shows on car.

As I said I guess it wasn't activated, I tested it few months before and I didn't see SOC, and other day tested and surprisingly it was there. How that's possible if the option to enable or disable is not appearing VCDS?

Anyone can write here the exact line or code where this is or make a screenshot?

Thanks.

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!
Having stop-start doesn't mean your car supports the ability to tell you SoC

From my searchs on this forum, most of those that could display SOC had the current sensor on the negative lead of the battery - usually fitted to the SS equipped models.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
From my searchs on this forum, most of those that could display SOC had the current sensor on the negative lead of the battery - usually fitted to the SS equipped models.
Yeah, I just thought I've read a long time ago that they didn't always go hand-in-hand. Of course I could be wrong -- I don't have either SS or the BCM attached to the negative terminal lol

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!
Yeah, I just thought I've read a long time ago that they didn't always go hand-in-hand. Of course I could be wrong -- I don't have either SS or the BCM attached to the negative terminal lol

I could be wrong as well ;)
As the coding is done to the cluster module, it might be a cluster firmware support matter. Maybe even the gateway.
I was bummed when I didn’t see the option under adaptation.

cgentil

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

I activated automatic coming home, but can someone say if this behavior that's as it should do?

If I exit car without lock the car, all rear lights are on:

If I exit car, lock the car, only this rear lights are on, the other one switches off:

BA9092

Ready to race!
Hi guys!

So I've been partially successful in retrofitting my '16 GTI with ROW non-LED tails. I wanted to retain the NAR look and only replace the bulbs with LEDs from deautokey while enabling the rear amber turn signal.

I bought the outer housings, installed them, wired them with the BEC harness and followed the BEC (not DAP) instructions. I've even managed to code the inner lights to brake as well.

Everything works fine. However, the outer tails' running/parking/brake lights still operate along with the amber signals. Is there anyway to code them as parking/brake only like the inner lights?

I've double-checked all my coding. :(

I've made this short video (alternating between parking only and brakes) indicating what's going on:

https://youtu.be/L6eTdFpcilE

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Hi,

I activated automatic coming home, but can someone say if this behavior that's as it should do?

If I exit car without lock the car, all rear lights are on:

If I exit car, lock the car, only this rear lights are on, the other one switches off:

cogentil: I'm not sure what I'm looking at, but I don't think that it has anything to do with coming home function! Both pictures appear to be related to leaving the rotary light switch in the parking light position with the turn-signal stalk in the left turn position. Your first picture appears to have the normal Parking lights active and your second picture appears to the Single Sided Parking Light active - what have I missed?

Don

alper

Ready to race!
Hi, I discovered this mod in the SEAT Leon 5F forums but I would imagine it's there for the MK7 as well but I don't think I've seen mention of it so far (or my search is broken...). Do we know anything if it's available for our cars and if it works indeed? Non-linear throttle has always been something I noticed in this and other VAG cars in the past and if this thing addresses it will be a mostly welcome change:

[Direct Acceleration - Throttle response]
With this mod, you can change the behavior of the accelerator. Option B provides a more linear acceleration without sudden deliveries.
1 - Module 44 - Power steering. Code (19249)
2 - Adaptation
3 - Select - switching driving profile
Choices :
A - Gradual, controlled by time
B - Directly controlled threshold value