GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLF MK7 VCDS TWEAKS

cgentil

Passed Driver's Ed
cogentil: I'm not sure what I'm looking at, but I don't think that it has anything to do with coming home function! Both pictures appear to be related to leaving the rotary light switch in the parking light position with the turn-signal stalk in the left turn position. Your first picture appears to have the normal Parking lights active and your second picture appears to the Single Sided Parking Light active - what have I missed?

Don

Pictures are just an example. Please check the rounded marks.

Nothing to do with leaving the rotary light switch in the parking light position with the turn-signal stalk in the left turn position

I activated automatic coming home lights, instead pull the lights stalk.

So my doubt is:

When I exit car, coming home is already activated, and rear lights are as picture 1.

After that I lock the car the rear lights are as picture 2.

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!
Hi, I discovered this mod in the SEAT Leon 5F forums but I would imagine it's there for the MK7 as well but I don't think I've seen mention of it so far (or my search is broken...). Do we know anything if it's available for our cars and if it works indeed? Non-linear throttle has always been something I noticed in this and other VAG cars in the past and if this thing addresses it will be a mostly welcome change:

[Direct Acceleration - Throttle response]
With this mod, you can change the behavior of the accelerator. Option B provides a more linear acceleration without sudden deliveries.
1 - Module 44 - Power steering. Code (19249)
2 - Adaptation
3 - Select - switching driving profile
Choices :
A - Gradual, controlled by time
B - Directly controlled threshold value

Need to check if we have the same adaptation channel in out power steering module.

I can talk a look via OBD11 in a few hours.

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!
So I can confirm that we can make this change under Steering Assistance(44) based on the instructions above.

Mine was set to Gradual, controlled by time. I changed to Directly controlled threshold value

I did feel a change in the pedal response. It takes less pedal to get more throttle.
I like how it feels on low pedal pressure as it ups the revs nicely for upshifting but on the other hand, you lose that WOT feeling when you floor it as it feels like you are already at max throttle/boost with the pedal pressed about 60%.

Best way to see the difference is to log and compare pedal position to throttle position in both options.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Hi, I discovered this mod in the SEAT Leon 5F forums but I would imagine it's there for the MK7 as well but I don't think I've seen mention of it so far (or my search is broken...). Do we know anything if it's available for our cars and if it works indeed? Non-linear throttle has always been something I noticed in this and other VAG cars in the past and if this thing addresses it will be a mostly welcome change:

With this mod, you can change the behavior of the accelerator. Option B provides a more linear acceleration without sudden deliveries.
2 - Adaptation
Choices :
To anyone who tried this...
Does this improve the bit of throttle lag when up shifting quickly (WOT pulls)?

Rick86

Passed Driver's Ed
OFF ROAD DISPLAY

Hi,

Do you know if the off road display from mk7.5 can be enabled on a mk7 golf match?

Thanks,

Rick

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 7,095

Hotfart

Ready to race!

2 - Adaptation
Choices :

Thanks for posting this! I made this change yesterday, and am loving it. It feels much more like a drive-by-cable throttle, and no longer feels like the car is fighting me to override my inputs. For instance, in neutral, I can now quickly hold at a certain RPM (useful when staging at the drags), where previously a slight & steady throttle input would just keep raising the RPM and would take forever to level off. Also, the car is much smoother around town, without the crazy surges in power. A very welcome change!

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Does anyone know if you can change the logo on the dot matrix MFI via VCDS? I have the standard VW logo on mine, but no welcome message as I've seen on other models.

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!
Thanks for posting this! I made this change yesterday, and am loving it. It feels much more like a drive-by-cable throttle, and no longer feels like the car is fighting me to override my inputs. For instance, in neutral, I can now quickly hold at a certain RPM (useful when staging at the drags), where previously a slight & steady throttle input would just keep raising the RPM and would take forever to level off. Also, the car is much smoother around town, without the crazy surges in power. A very welcome change!

After driving again today it feels much better and much more responsive.
Can’t believe this has only surfaced now haha.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
After driving again today it feels much better and much more responsive.
Can’t believe this has only surfaced now haha.
Did this as well and it feels great now. No more neck breaking starts when the light turns green.

via the Sony XPERIA XA1 Ultra using Tapatalk

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Did this as well and it feels great now. No more neck breaking starts when the light turns green.

via the Sony XPERIA XA1 Ultra using Tapatalk

Is everyone changing to directly controlled threshold value?

I did as what was already set before the mod was "Gradual, controlled by time."

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie

cgentil

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone can give me the parameters on VAG COM on how to regulate the volume of radio when OPS is engaged?

Mine does that but it's aftermarket kit, and I'd like to know if with VAG COM I can disable this feature.

Thanks.