GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLF MK7 VCDS TWEAKS

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
I don't think that is the case. The replica headlights, as I understand, don't have an exposed pin to turn on the cornering lights. They are hard wired into some logic for highbeam + turn signal. These are probably the settings for the OEM housing.

Well poop.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
I don't think that is the case. The replica headlights, as I understand, don't have an exposed pin to turn on the cornering lights. They are hard wired into some logic for highbeam + turn signal. These are probably the settings for the OEM housing.

Xanthlan: New information provided. If the aftermarket lamps don't have the controlling pin for the range control module @ address hex55 (J745), then the entire question about how to make the cornering lights work is academic!

Don

btscott

Passed Driver's Ed
It was optional on 2015's, so either you have it or you don't.

Thanks, I think you are responding to DAP. I have DAP.... I was asking about Lane Assist, Side Assist and ACC. I found the ability to enable these features on my 2015 with VCDS. Was wondering if anyone else had seen or played with this.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
DAP includes Lane Assist, Side Assist (BSM), ACC, Park Assist, Rear traffic alert... Why would you have to enable them if you have the Drivers Assistance Package?

btscott

Passed Driver's Ed
DAP includes Lane Assist, Side Assist (BSM), ACC, Park Assist, Rear traffic alert... Why would you have to enable them if you have the Drivers Assistance Package?

My car is a 2015. Portions of Driver Assistance didn't become available until 2016.

Last edited:

LJK

Passed Driver's Ed
Is there any way to view actual tire pressure on the nav/cluster? I can pull up the pressures for each tire when i look in OBDEleven but I want to be able to see which tire is low/at what pressure on the nav.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
Is there any way to view actual tire pressure on the nav/cluster? I can pull up the pressures for each tire when i look in OBDEleven but I want to be able to see which tire is low/at what pressure on the nav.
Unless you have installed actual TPMS sensors in the wheels (which are not installed by default) you will only be getting what the differential ABS estimates the tire pressure to be.

witchcraftz

Passed Driver's Ed

I've fiddled around but they simply don't turn on. I'll try some of those settings to see if something changes on the aftermarket headlights. Even just having them turn on with highbeam+signal would be good.

soto

Passed Driver's Ed
My car is a 2015. Portions of Driver Assistance didn't become available until 2016.

My car is also a 2015 with the DAP package. Problem is most people dont remember that the 2015 DAP had less features than the 2016+. Please try and enable them those features you found in VCDS if you can and see what you get, that would be awesome if it worked. I have not heard of anyone finding that on VCDS, got a screenshot you can post?

Xanthalan

I've fiddled around but they simply don't turn on. I'll try some of those settings to see if something changes on the aftermarket headlights. Even just having them turn on with highbeam+signal would be good.

This may depend on the manufacturer of the replica. According to Ed's website Helix/Winpower have a dumb bulb that isn't wired up.

https://www.becautoparts.com/collections/headlights/products/golf-7-hid-headlights-gti-style said:
Non-functioning cornering light for the GTI version, not wired up. Again, same feature as the Winpower version. Contrary to some vendors this can be wired up in the headlight, not on the car side to function. Our GTI version has this working.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
This may depend on the manufacturer of the replica. According to Ed's website Helix/Winpower have a dumb bulb that isn't wired up.

This is correct, Ed's reps will light up, only when the high beams are on and the turn signals are on. Helix will need coding or wiring or both, they state that on their specs but it does come with a bulb.

Now ask me how many times I've used that cornering light in almost 3 years. 1 time that's it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xanthalan

This is correct, Ed's reps will light up, only when the high beams are on and the turn signals are on. Helix will need coding or wiring or both, they state that on their specs but it does come with a bulb.

Now ask me how many times I've used that cornering light in almost 3 years. 1 time that's it

Even if it's possible to wire them up there are likely missing modules to even get the "on" signal for the lights on the cars without the lighting package.

btscott

Passed Driver's Ed
My car is also a 2015 with the DAP package. Problem is most people dont remember that the 2015 DAP had less features than the 2016+. Please try and enable them those features you found in VCDS if you can and see what you get, that would be awesome if it worked. I have not heard of anyone finding that on VCDS, got a screenshot you can post?

I've been a little swamped. Will try and post tomorrow where I found the settings.

zimmie2652

Ready to race!

According to DV52, these adaptations might work