GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How many MK7's have Coilovers installed?

mach128x

Good thread.
Having everybody's hub-to-fender distance would help a lot in putting all the wheel/drop/specs in context with the pictures, to be able to do apple to apple comparisons. Cuz you know, every c.-over make/model has a different min/max drop range. Anyway just my .02$ .

Now, is anyone running H&R Streets at a higher, rather than lower, ride height? Minimum drop is 1.5" front / 1.1" rear per H&R specs. However I'm looking for improved handling with only a mild drop for my TSI (stock hub-to-fender is 15.25").
I'm starting to think 1.5" would be too much for everyday DD, especially in winter.

notavr1

Ready to race!
i'm running GridTechnika(fortune auto) so far so good

McCabe89

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Evo X & Golf R
Its shocking to me that this thread is on 6 pages long. I guess more people care about being on air than static.

Anyways, I have a 16' GTI with DCC and the most entry level coil I've found for DCC is the KW V1. I should mention I live in Canada so with exchange I'm looking at about $2200 for those. Anyone have suggests on another coil I should be looking at? And no, I will not get springs.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Its shocking to me that this thread is on 6 pages long. I guess more people care about being on air than static.

Anyways, I have a 16' GTI with DCC and the most entry level coil I've found for DCC is the KW V1. I should mention I live in Canada so with exchange I'm looking at about $2200 for those. Anyone have suggests on another coil I should be looking at? And no, I will not get springs.

A good coilover set is going to be around 2 grand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

terp_man

Passed Driver's Ed

KW V3
WORK Meister M1R 18X8.5

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

str8 SEX, right there! Looks awesome. I was pretty much sold on Bilstein B14 (and now definitely are after checking the price for the V3 [emoji51]) but those look amazing.

CPI

on st coils

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 2,717

McCabe89

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Evo X & Golf R
A good coilover set is going to be around 2 grand.

I have no issue with spending that kind of money on a good set of coilovers. My question is should I be considering something other than the KW V1's or Comforts because I have DDC? Is there a better option around that price range?