GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How many MK7's have Coilovers installed?

KCchiefin

Ready to race!
Dropped mine on ST X coils a few weeks ago. Had to raise them up because I was rubbing with the stock wheels. So far no rub with the new 18x9.5s.

Max Low

15mm from max front & rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KCchiefin

Ready to race!
here is mine. Standard BC Racing Coilovers. Fronts are maxed. rear are maxed and and i remove 1 gold adjusting ring. Tires are 215/40r18 on a 8.5" wide wheel.
]

What did you do to prevent rubbing in the front? Just w/ the stock wheels I was rubbing towards the front of the fender liner where the bumper attaches.

elementalchain

What did you do to prevent rubbing in the front? Just w/ the stock wheels I was rubbing towards the front of the fender liner where the bumper attaches.

i only rubbed in that area on bumps and hard turning. i did remove the screw that is near the top inside the fender and bent that tab.

KCchiefin

Ready to race!
Ah ok, those are the same situations I rubbed as well. Also removed the fender screw and bent the tab upwards. I might drop it a little lower this weekend.

Obakong

Ready to race!
Getting HPA SHS Coil-overs installed next week.
Can't wait!

Of course, I'm doing Eurocode F/R swaybars, SuperPro front control arms, SuperPro F/R swaybar end links too :D

Just curious why the decision to use Eurocode swaybars, but not use their end links in favor of SuperPro?

Thanks!

njavier03

Ready to race!
i expected a bit more feedback in this thread, but i guess not. i'm also debating on going with VWR springs or bilstein coils. the drop from the VWR springs are perfect for me, but i'm just wondering if coils are really necessary. my main concern with either is the ride quality. i prefer to keep it as OEM as possible, if not making it a bit smoother. i'm just wondering if the price difference between the two is worth it for me to dole out $1000 for the same or very similar result.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
i expected a bit more feedback in this thread, but i guess not. i'm also debating on going with VWR springs or bilstein coils. the drop from the VWR springs are perfect for me, but i'm just wondering if coils are really necessary. my main concern with either is the ride quality. i prefer to keep it as OEM as possible, if not making it a bit smoother. i'm just wondering if the price difference between the two is worth it for me to dole out $1000 for the same or very similar result.

best answer is from my experience is if your looking for very low height or tracking/autocrossing then coils are the way....if you looking for daily with little drop springs are the better route

wah

Ready to race!
NGP Type 1 Coilovers. Waiting to get wheels to dial in the ride height.

Attachments

• IMG_9049.jpg
    IMG_9049.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 2,947

wah

Ready to race!
How many threads are left to go front and rear? Looks good as it sits now though!

Thank you! Sorry for the late response but I can go about half an inch, maybe a tad less, lower than it sits now.