GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boss 500 Project

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Hmmm.. I ordered my BOSS600 kit a month ago - I just opened the box - it looks like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How in the world did you let that box sit for a month untouched? When I order a part/parts I track my package 40x a day until it arrives at my house, at which point I immediately open the box and inspect it's contents.

soulrider4ever

Ready to race!
How in the world did you let that box sit for a month untouched? When I order a part/parts I track my package 40x a day until it arrives at my house, at which point I immediately open the box and inspect it's contents.

Ha! I'm just a patient guy :p -- you would hate my garage right now, it has at least 6 unopened boxes of other .:R goodies that I haven't even opened yet.:cool:

importrx7

Ready to race!

Attachments

• 890F7A36-AA77-44CA-8A89-347AF96184E7.jpeg
    890F7A36-AA77-44CA-8A89-347AF96184E7.jpeg
    235.5 KB · Views: 834

soulrider4ever

Ready to race!
Awesome, OK - well I have a ticket open with Modded Euros, I sent them the photo of my existing BOSS600 kit and they are working with CTS to determine what's going on. Will keep you posted.

importrx7

Ready to race!
Awesome, OK - well I have a ticket open with Modded Euros, I sent them the photo of my existing BOSS600 kit and they are working with CTS to determine what's going on. Will keep you posted.

I’ve got emails sent to both CTS and Modded Euros. Hopefully between the two of us we can get answers.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Ha! I'm just a patient guy :p -- you would hate my garage right now, it has at least 6 unopened boxes of other .:R goodies that I haven't even opened yet.:cool:

Send me the address please :rolleyes:

importrx7

Ready to race!
The turbo is in the car!!!!

The oil drain line is much easier now with the included hose to replace the factory one. This makes taking out the oil drain line easier since now you can just cut the factory rubber hose as it’s replaced with a longer one in the kit. I cut it out of frustration when I was uninstalling my dead because reaching where it connects to the block with the turbo in and removing it is a pain. Now just cut it then pull the fitting out of the block when the turbo is removed, makes it much easier.

The coolant drain lines connect much easier since they include a hose to extent the one people where having issues connecting.

I’ve still got to do a lot more work before it’s all back together but the main and most difficult parts are done.

I did get an update from modded euros it is a new revision and they haven’t released any info on it. Mainly to make install easier by relocating a few things and including a couple different things. They did ask I not talk about it, oops too late. Here’s the quote from the email it made me laugh “This update hasn't been officially announced yet by CTS so they asked if you could keep it quiet until it is formally released.”

Sounds like I got lucky and probably got one of the first new kits they sent out.

Hopefully it’ll be done by the end of the weekend.

importrx7

Ready to race!
Quick picture

Attachments

• D83193AF-D2C1-4F10-9C20-30AA75DCA370.jpeg
    D83193AF-D2C1-4F10-9C20-30AA75DCA370.jpeg
    364.2 KB · Views: 920

importrx7

Ready to race!
This shows the changes with those hoses. CTS sent me these cause I didn’t know what they were for since I had no instructions for the new kit

Attachments

• 16C815F5-5406-401B-ABFE-2C78D53EEBC6.jpeg
    16C815F5-5406-401B-ABFE-2C78D53EEBC6.jpeg
    394.2 KB · Views: 894

Calubi

Ready to race!
Awesome! I'm glad they're addressing the issues people were having with the install.

I wonder when CTS is going to announce the update. If I go this route I definitely want the updated kit! It's funny that don't want you to talk about it.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
They did ask I not talk about it, oops too late. Here’s the quote from the email it made me laugh “This update hasn't been officially announced yet by CTS so they asked if you could keep it quiet until it is formally released.”
You just totally pulled a Stormy Daniels :p

importrx7

Ready to race!
It’s alive!!!!!! Took all day but she is running and knock on wood so far no leaks or anything. I’m exhausted we got it going at 11pm so I will be doing a test drive tomorrow.

Attachments

• 249CC129-7B8F-495B-B22D-A61B70FA18AF.jpeg
    249CC129-7B8F-495B-B22D-A61B70FA18AF.jpeg
    359.8 KB · Views: 830
  • F74FB8A6-0632-4816-9E37-6818B91DF2EA.jpeg
    F74FB8A6-0632-4816-9E37-6818B91DF2EA.jpeg
    279.9 KB · Views: 829

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
It’s alive!!!!!! Took all day but she is running and knock on wood so far no leaks or anything. I’m exhausted we got it going at 11pm so I will be doing a test drive tomorrow.

??