GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
What are kind of boost are you tapering down to at redline? I'm peaking at around 25 psi and taper down to 21 psi. Are you around the same? I figured it would be less than that lol

edit: just looked at your recent log. Looks like the same. Hoon's log looks like it tapers to around 22 psi as well. Is this normal? I noticed other tunes peak around the same but then taper down to 17-18 redline. Any benefit to this? Or irrelevant?
Just spit balling here but maybe because the is20 usually dies out up top he's keeping it a few pounds higher to help combat that?

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Just spit balling here but maybe because the is20 usually dies out up top he's keeping it a fa pounds higher to help combat that?

Peaking high early gets you torque, makes it feel fast. Tapering at the top end keeps the turbo in the efficiency range, instead of pushing hot air

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
While waiting for my 2nd revision, here's what I've got so far. I don't know much about reading logs but I've picked up some knowledge here and there from this thread (and this forum).

92 Octane, 6MT (Stock clutch), Catted Downpipe, APR Intercooler (w/ hoses), Brisk ER12S, 034 Engine/Trans mount

First map from Stratified:
Log 1
Log 2

First revision (second map):
Log 1
Log 2
Log 3

The car's driving great! I know this phrase is overused but, it really does pull throughout the revs. I also have exhaust pops enabled but it's perfect because I requested that it only pops above 4k. Short in-cabin clip. Peaceful when I'm driving normally in traffic.

Alex also noticed that I'm getting some clutch slip in the first map so he reduced the boost a little bit down low and added a bit of power up top. I'm not too worried since I want to upgrade my clutch anyway but it's great if I can hold onto the stock clutch for as long as possible :). I've had a little over 10k miles with the JB4 and maybe 7k+ with the downpipe before Cobb. The clutch is still alive and kicking! No slips at higher gear, though I always shift down a gear or two anyway.

And as I mentioned above, I'm not too knowledgeable at reading logs, but I noticed significantly less knocks besides some minimal knock in Cyl 4. I'm not sure what happened in Log 1 to be honest, knocks everywhere! Though I did run that log in a really shitty downhill road (no idea why I attempted that, I usually run it in a nice flat straight), could that be the cause? Anyhow, the 2 latter logs looked good to me.

Anyhow, thoughts and feedback would be much appreciated. Looking forward to the next revision!

Hoon

Autocross Champion
What are kind of boost are you tapering down to at redline? I'm peaking at around 25 psi and taper down to 21 psi. Are you around the same? I figured it would be less than that lol

edit: just looked at your recent log. Looks like the same. Hoon's log looks like it tapers to around 22 psi as well. Is this normal? I noticed other tunes peak around the same but then taper down to 17-18 redline. Any benefit to this? Or irrelevant?

Are you IS20 or IS38? (Can't view logs on my phone)

With the IS38 I can run a little more boost and still be efficient up top.

Not sure how Stratified typically tunes the IS20 cars, but when I ran Cobb OTS "Stage 3" it peaked at 28.8 and tapered to 17. Car felt fast for a second but I really don't think it was any faster than Uni stage 2 despite all the extra boost. Really didn't like that peaky tune...like driving a diesel.

Last edited:

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
While waiting for my 2nd revision, here's what I've got so far. I don't know much about reading logs but I've picked up some knowledge here and there from this thread (and this forum).

92 Octane, 6MT (Stock clutch), Catted Downpipe, APR Intercooler (w/ hoses), Brisk ER12S, 034 Engine/Trans mount

First map from Stratified:
Log 1
Log 2

First revision (second map):
Log 1
Log 2
Log 3

The car's driving great! I know this phrase is overused but, it really does pull throughout the revs. I also have exhaust pops enabled but it's perfect because I requested that it only pops above 4k. Short in-cabin clip. Peaceful when I'm driving normally in traffic.

Alex also noticed that I'm getting some clutch slip in the first map so he reduced the boost a little bit down low and added a bit of power up top. I'm not too worried since I want to upgrade my clutch anyway but it's great if I can hold onto the stock clutch for as long as possible :). I've had a little over 10k miles with the JB4 and maybe 7k+ with the downpipe before Cobb. The clutch is still alive and kicking! No slips at higher gear, though I always shift down a gear or two anyway.

And as I mentioned above, I'm not too knowledgeable at reading logs, but I noticed significantly less knocks besides some minimal knock in Cyl 4. I'm not sure what happened in Log 1 to be honest, knocks everywhere! Though I did run that log in a really shitty downhill road (no idea why I attempted that, I usually run it in a nice flat straight), could that be the cause? Anyhow, the 2 latter logs looked good to me.

Anyhow, thoughts and feedback would be much appreciated. Looking forward to the next revision!
All I checked out was log 3 and it indeed looked good. I was also curious to see how the crackle tune worked with a mt. For me I need to activate sport mode then it works. It's off in normal drive mode. My advice though is to upgrade the clutch because even though Alex can tune you to protect the stock one, that means he's nerfing the tune to keep it underpowered for the clutch. Kinda wasting the money on the tune imo if you have stage 2 mods.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
All I checked out was log 3 and it indeed looked good. I was also curious to see how the crackle tune worked with a mt. For me I need to activate sport mode then it works. It's off in normal drive mode. My advice though is to upgrade the clutch because even though Alex can tune you to protect the stock one, that means he's nerfing the tune to keep it underpowered for the clutch. Kinda wasting the money on the tune imo if you have stage 2 mods.

I also asked for it to only work with Sport but it seems to be enabled for all. Hopefully that gets sorted. I specifically requested for just 2-3 pops on throttle lift since I’m not a fan of a constant barrage of pops.

Yeah about the clutch. I did tell Alex to go ahead and do what he needs to as I’m not too worried about the clutch lol.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Anyone have a P0234 Overboost code during the process?

I'm tuned a little too hot right now.

Peak 27psi, tapering to 22-23, 12.75 AFR and just under 9 degrees of timing. Seeing 2-3 KR consistently through the curve.

I'm wondering if the knock prevented it from hitting its TQ target so it increased boost and hit the boost limit.

I've been trying not to beat on the car until i get the next revision, but it's hard for me!

Navi

Autocross Champion
Never got that code and my process has been fairly long with a lot of revisions and datalogs. Are you running a GDB+? I've heard those can cause that code. I removed mine even though it was not causing any issue. 27 seems high though. I never hit above 26 throughout my tuning process. I did hit 27 a couple times on a 5150 tune though. That knock is definitely concerning. I would see knock in the -2 to -3 range but never consistent. Sporadically. Hopefully your next revision sorts it out.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Never got that code and my process has been fairly long with a lot of revisions and datalogs. Are you running a GDB+? I've heard those can cause that code. I removed mine even though it was not causing any issue. 27 seems high though. I never hit above 26 throughout my tuning process. I did hit 27 a couple times on a 5150 tune though. That knock is definitely concerning. I would see knock in the -2 to -3 range but never consistent. Sporadically. Hopefully your next revision sorts it out.

Stock diverter.

For whatever reason the car has more boost after a shift than it would if i started the pull in that gear. If i do a 3-4 pull it will be at 27psi in the bottom of 4th and taper down from there, but if i start the pull in the bottom of 4th it won't get up quite as high.

I'm not going to mention the code to Alex because i should have the next revision in a few days. If it comes back on the next revision i'll address it.

I might splash a little 100 oct in the tank for the next few days, just so i can beat on it without worrying about it.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
How long do you guys typically wait for revisions?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Stock diverter.

For whatever reason the car has more boost after a shift than it would if i started the pull in that gear. If i do a 3-4 pull it will be at 27psi in the bottom of 4th and taper down from there, but if i start the pull in the bottom of 4th it won't get up quite as high.

I'm not going to mention the code to Alex because i should have the next revision in a few days. If it comes back on the next revision i'll address it.

I might splash a little 100 oct in the tank for the next few days, just so i can beat on it without worrying about it.
I would put some 100,I know it's a bit different since I'm on maestro but I have not had that code I'm running 27 psi peak and tapering to 24 with almost 14° advance, with almost no kr, most kr is initial spool up

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

jcarl126

Ready to race!
How long do you guys typically wait for revisions?

Since their business picked up turn around has increased, but he’s usually about 4-5 days now. He IS out of the office until this Monday, so I’m sure he’s going to have a turnaround iteration blowout party this coming week :D

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Yea first 3 revisions were within like a week and a half. Business blew up though for sure it'd around a week now.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Added enough 100 octane to get to about 95 octane average. Knock is less sustained, but still seeing more of it than i expected.

Threw a fresh set of plugs in it. Had 9200 miles on my last set of IKH24s, and there is some wear showing.

Cyl 1 plug looks hotter than the other 3 (much lighter color), but doesn't show any more knock than the other cylinders.

Hopefully the plugs help clear it up, i'll log it again tomorrow.