GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Added enough 100 octane to get to about 95 octane average. Knock is less sustained, but still seeing more of it than i expected.

Threw a fresh set of plugs in it. Had 9200 miles on my last set of IKH24s, and there is some wear showing.

Cyl 1 plug looks hotter than the other 3 (much lighter color), but doesn't show any more knock than the other cylinders.

Hopefully the plugs help clear it up, i'll log it again tomorrow.

I bet we'll all get our next revisions in a day or 2 once Alex catches up. I'm getting crappy knock on normal driving. Could be ghost knock idk. It's been happening this last week a lot. Taking off from a red light or stop sign its like clockwork.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
I bet we'll all get our next revisions in a day or 2 once Alex catches up. I'm getting crappy knock on normal driving. Could be ghost knock idk. It's been happening this last week a lot. Taking off from a red light or stop sign its like clockwork.

How do you guys monitor the knocks, with the Cobb gauges or logs? I’ve been checking my logs and have been getting some knocks here and there, don’t know if it’s significant enough for me to worry about but it isn’t as smooth compared to my last revision.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
How do you guys monitor the knocks, with the Cobb gauges or logs? I’ve been checking my logs and have been getting some knocks here and there, don’t know if it’s significant enough for me to worry about but it isn’t as smooth compared to my last revision.

Another question to add on to this is; is it really knock that is being talked about or timing pull to prevent knock?

(Derushi, hope you don’t mind me piggybacking here.)

Hoon

Autocross Champion

Let's hope!

I knew there was about a week turnaround time right now with all the tax season ballers, but I still get itchy!

Little bit of both. I use the gauges so I have a quick reference when driving, and the logs for more detailed (and usually WOT) info.

Another question to add on to this is; is it really knock that is being talked about or timing pull to prevent knock?

This is knock retard, but it's still really knock that's being talked about.

Unless you have a problem with ghost knock, the timing pull is in direct response to knock. The system can only be reactive, so if there is no knock, there is no knock retard.

jcarl126

Ready to race!
looks like Alex got back to town this weekend and did a few tunes to knock them out, i have a fresh and almost final iteration sitting in my inbox as of yesterday - putting in that over time! once alex gives me the go ahead that this is the final tune, i will be scheduling a dyno with the local dyno shop (Carolina Dyno here in Wilmington, NC) so i can give him and you all some graphs

Hoon

Autocross Champion
looks like Alex got back to town this weekend and did a few tunes to knock them out, i have a fresh and almost final iteration sitting in my inbox as of yesterday - putting in that over time! once alex gives me the go ahead that this is the final tune, i will be scheduling a dyno with the local dyno shop (Carolina Dyno here in Wilmington, NC) so i can give him and you all some graphs

I will do the same on 93 & E30.

Going to take another month at least :(

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Great news looks like we're all mostly near the end. I believe my next is my last. The is20 really is a tq monster. A lot of times I need to leave traction on for pulls in 3rd gear or I'm all over the place. My logs are pretty damn clean. Not as good as my 4th revision where every log I took was spotless but he's been pushing it more so that's expected. I believe I've got a semi local shop having a dyno day soon here in Florida so I might finish just in time!

Cameron1292

Ready to race!

I monitor it on the AP gauges. I have boost, knock correction for all 4 cylinders and afr. Logs are good for wot runs so you can see where exactly the problems are but the real time monitoring is really nice.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Great news looks like we're all mostly near the end. I believe my next is my last. The is20 really is a tq monster. A lot of times I need to leave traction on for pulls in 3rd gear or I'm all over the place. My logs are pretty damn clean. Not as good as my 4th revision where every log I took was spotless but he's been pushing it more so that's expected. I believe I've got a semi local shop having a dyno day soon here in Florida so I might finish just in time!

I think my base map is basically going to be the final map.

Alex is trying to turn it up, but the motor isn't having any of it.

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
The main concern is knock during WOT pulls. A little correction here and there while driving is normal, and the car is just doing its thing. Like pulling away from a light if you get a little -1, -2 that's nothing to be concerned about. These cars are very quick to pull timing.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
The main concern is knock during WOT pulls. A little correction here and there while driving is normal, and the car is just doing its thing. Like pulling away from a light if you get a little -1, -2 that's nothing to be concerned about. These cars are very quick to pull timing.

I'm getting a little on WOT during my logs, more in the newer revision. Don't know if it's 'normal'... I'll have to re-do my real time monitors for regular driving and see if I'm getting significant knocks.

Newest/current revision:
Log 1
Log 2

and here's some from the previous revision:
Log 2
Log 3

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
I'm getting a little on WOT during my logs, more in the newer revision. Don't know if it's 'normal'... I'll have to re-do my real time monitors for regular driving and see if I'm getting significant knocks.

Newest/current revision:
Log 1
Log 2

and here's some from the previous revision:
Log 2
Log 3
Went over log 1 real quick it doesn't look bad at all. Kinda hard to see on my phone but you had very minimal

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Cylinder 4 really is a grumpy little bitch.

Still on 95 Octane. I might run straight 100 to make sure this knock is completely real.

I realize this isn't terrible, but still more than i'd like to see with the little bump in octane.

https://datazap.me/u/hoon/log-1522102211?log=0&data=4-6-15-16-17-18&zoom=30-123
It is on the higher side, but it's pretty quick and only 1 cylinder. I'll say it took me a few fill ups to totally get rid of the shit gas I had. Even after adding e85. I think these are just really aggressive tunes and certain has its picky with. Yesterday morning going to work I did a random pull and got some knock like you see. In 2 cylinders. Then 5 minutes ago I was out driving and ripping around in 2nd and 3rd and it was perfectly clean.