GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
Cool. So my understanding (might be wrong) Strat is 930 for etune. And freaktune is 750 with custom tune. Any comparison?

Are you referring to pricing?

Etune and custom tune generally are referred to as the same thing.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Are you referring to pricing?

Etune and custom tune generally are referred to as the same thing.

Yes. 180 delta? Is Freaktune just discounting to get more biz? More attractive honestly. ;).

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Yes. 180 delta? Is Freaktune just discounting to get more biz? More attractive honestly. ;).

Stratified is the way to go if you aren't going to use 5150. Freektune is far behind in the game when it comes to Cobb tuning. Just my opinion.

5150 = max power

Stratified = great for daily, but with power in mind

Freektune = Walmart.

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
I can't speak to freektune on the gti platform, but Justin at Freektune is pretty dang good with the Focus ST's.

I had their tune on my '14 ST and then moved over to Stratified, mostly to try something different.

Both had great power and drivability, but in different ways.
Freektune "felt" faster, as the power came on quicker, but it wasn't as smooth.

Stratified made a little more power when all was said and done and I was much happier with the smoothness of their tune.

Again, that's on a different platform, I just wanted give my experience with them.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
I can't speak to freektune on the gti platform, but Justin at Freektune is pretty dang good with the Focus ST's.

I had their tune on my '14 ST and then moved over to Stratified, mostly to try something different.

Both had great power and drivability, but in different ways.
Freektune "felt" faster, as the power came on quicker, but it wasn't as smooth.

Stratified made a little more power when all was said and done and I was much happier with the smoothness of their tune.

Again, that's on a different platform, I just wanted give my experience with them.

Sure. Not saying they are bad, just that they don't have this platform figured out yet. The MQB's Simos ECU is a lot more complex/advanced than most of the other same-tier cars, so there is a lot of nuance to making power safely.

I'm sure he'll get there eventually.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Cool. So my understanding (might be wrong) Strat is 930 for etune. And freaktune is 750 with custom tune. Any comparison?

Stratified is $850 for one fuel, stock turbo with the AP.

Add their Traction control (no brainer) for $15.

Additional charges for larger turbos and extra fuels apply.

My total tab was $990 for the AP, bigger turbo, 93 & E30 tunes, and their TC.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Stratified is $850 for one fuel, stock turbo with the AP.

Add their Traction control (no brainer) for $15.

Additional charges for larger turbos and extra fuels apply.

My total tab was $990 for the AP, bigger turbo, 93 & E30 tunes, and their TC.
Still a deal.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Stratified is the way to go if you aren't going to use 5150. Freektune is far behind in the game when it comes to Cobb tuning. Just my opinion.

5150 = max power

Stratified = great for daily, but with power in mind

Freektune = Walmart.

Again opinions are great and all, but would love more data. Their dyno numbers looked promising on his post. Custom tuning (etuning) for 750 is still the bar $ wise. I’m in no hurry and wanted more players in the field before making a final tuning decision.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Again opinions are great and all, but would love more data. Their dyno numbers looked promising on his post. Custom tuning (etuning) for 750 is still the bar $ wise. I’m in no hurry and wanted more players in the field before making a final tuning decision.
If you look through all the Cobb threads for mk7 you'll see 5150 is the most talked about. They have the top numbers for our cars. That being said I've found strat to be next in line. I love the driveability of this tune. I can drive normal to work at get 40mpg and then get to 2500 and it pulls and pulls and pulls. The tq is so linear it's got power all the way through. 2 revisions ago I was around Apr stage 2 numbers. I'm higher now for sure. This recent revision is damn strong. I'm excited to see where I finish. I really need an intercooler though...

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
On MQB I would personally only consider 5150 or Strat. Everyone else is meh..

Freek still doing that 11 AFR thing last time I checked.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I've got to say, really impressed with this base map.

Car is smooth, driveability is excellent, and it is MUCH quicker than it was when it trapped 112 with Uni Stage 2.

Really looking forward to the revisions and getting the tweaks done.

My only regret is the money i spent for the Uni ECU tunes. Should have waited for Cobb and run a protune/e-tune from the beginning.

Navi

Autocross Champion
On MQB I would personally only consider 5150 or Strat. Everyone else is meh..

Freek still doing that 11 AFR thing last time I checked.

what about "Tuned by Nishan"? I've heard great things about them on other platforms but not much on VW even though they do offer tuning on this platform. Would be great to see a couple more tuners added to the pot of cobb tuners. Maybe Nishan? JRTuned? Ivey Tuning?

bahrcourt

First step, I got an email from stratified with a really nice form. Had a lot of questions ranging from my fuel type, what kind of area I live in, what my modifications are and tuning goals. I of course told them I have a catless dp, intake, turbo back, and rs7 plugs. My tune will be a 93 octane as well. He then asked for a few logs of my current tune, which I was on another companies ots tune. I got my base file from him and loaded it up, I'll update probably tomorrow with my first impressions. I want to give it a few miles to settle in. Btw I got the crackle tune added on, so there will be videos for sure!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I’m running the GTI Clubsport(US name) GT40 here in Aus and just stage 1 tuned stock. The responsiveness is incredible and the noise was just what I wanted. My mechanic recommended a number of small alterations to the exhaust and the obvious one being the clutch as there’s more power going through and as a result, the clutch will wear faster. Would love to know ur thoughts re: your tune in reference to this one (I am running a T38 turbo) so it’s more like an R on 2WD. Also what ur crackle sounds like. I didn’t go to through with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
I’m running the GTI Clubsport(US name) GT40 here in Aus and just stage 1 tuned stock. The responsiveness is incredible and the noise was just what I wanted. My mechanic recommended a number of small alterations to the exhaust and the obvious one being the clutch as there’s more power going through and as a result, the clutch will wear faster. Would love to know ur thoughts re: your tune in reference to this one (I am running a T38 turbo) so it’s more like an R on 2WD. Also what ur crackle sounds like. I didn’t go to through with it.

I'm sure I speak for most if not all of us in the US in saying I'm jealous of you lol I'd love the clubsport. What stage 1 tune do you have? Stage 1 on gti gets you over the golf r power wise. It's the traction that's a problem. I spin in 3rd gear with traction control on. I'm on dsg so I won't have clutch problems until around 450 wtq. Here's a video of a drive by with about half throttle maybe a little more.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf1V_xbATvO/

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

marauder

Go Kart Newbie

We can tune the clubsport. We have tuned plenty of IS38 GTIs. My friends, (stratified tunes) dynod at 375whp I believe