GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

etrips

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golfffff Rrrrrr
Usually how long does it take in terms of shipping to get an OBDELEVEN shipment to the states (East coast)?

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
On another note, has anyone discovered how to enable the hidden boost gauge?

I know people with nav can enable offroad menus.

Also how about the video in motion or is this only for the nav unit not the regular unit?

For Performance Monitor on early build 2016s that don't have it, it requires an FES access code direct from Germany. This is the only way to activate it. VW gave the green light for Canada to get this, but not the US market. Sorry...

And for Video In Motion, OBDeleven can activate this on Mk7, but only for Discover Pro (8" screen) from all the info I could find. So again, US market gets shafted. I finally ordered my OBDeleven last week, so will let you know if it works when I get it. But then again, I have Discover Pro, so won't really help you...

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Just buy from shopdap.com. They're in NC. I got mine in a couple days.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
This is my plan when I stop buying mk2 parts lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Anybody have the issue where is says no more credits for today? Updated app and everything and still stuck. Restarted phone and such still looking. I havn't even used the app for more then 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Anybody have the issue where is says no more credits for today? Updated app and everything and still stuck. Restarted phone and such still looking. I havn't even used the app for more then 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Free credits resets everyday according to European time. You might have exhausted your free credits for the day by last evening.

LI_GTI_Guy

Ready to race!
Can some explain theses apps to my GTi facelift., please ;)

XDS interaction. 4 diffrent steps, can you feels this?, and is it dangerous? ;)

ESC off permanently, 7 diffrent steps?!?. Some quide for them?

From what Ive felt, XDS is best left in the "medium" setting. If its set to "low" then it doesnt help bring the outter wheel around enough. If its set to "high" it creates too much braking around the turn and feels jerky. This is just what Ive observed in my car.

ESC off is a must do. Either code it yourself or just spend 10 credits and use the app. The car accelerates and handles like it should when this is turned off. And if you use the app....V1 is press and hold for 3 seconds to get ESC off / V2 you have to press the button twice and then hold to get ESC off. V1 is the easiest way to go if you asked me.

Snitt

Ready to race!
After four months of ownership, my OBDEleven has died. They recently updated their app, which apparently requires a firmware update on the dongle. My dongle won't update with a "Device Update Failed" error. I contacted their support through the app, and they had me try a special recovery program with no luck. They are offering to replace it for me, but I have to ship it to Lithuania.

Shipping to Lithuania is $40 with insurance. WTF.

It's a neat program, but if I can only expect 4 months of use before it needs to be replaced, VCDS suddenly looks pretty attractive. :(

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
After four months of ownership, my OBDEleven has died. They recently updated their app, which apparently requires a firmware update on the dongle. My dongle won't update with a "Device Update Failed" error. I contacted their support through the app, and they had me try a special recovery program with no luck. They are offering to replace it for me, but I have to ship it to Lithuania.

Shipping to Lithuania is $40 with insurance. WTF.

It's a neat program, but if I can only expect 4 months of use before it needs to be replaced, VCDS suddenly looks pretty attractive. :(

That's the dumbest thing. I hate when companies freaking do this. Replace the damn thing and that's it. No reason to have to send it back to them so dumb. I would talk to them about it as that is so stupid

Snitt

Ready to race!
That's the dumbest thing. I hate when companies freaking do this. Replace the damn thing and that's it. No reason to have to send it back to them so dumb. I would talk to them about it as that is so stupid

I agree. They need to pick a vendor in the US and work out some sort of deal with them to handle warranty exchanges. I was impressed with their support. They sent me two different versions of their recovery program rather quickly. If they weren't forcing me to ship my OBDEleven so far away at my own cost, I would be singing their praises for having an easy to use program and great product support.

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
I agree. They need to pick a vendor in the US and work out some sort of deal with them to handle warranty exchanges. I was impressed with their support. They sent me two different versions of their recovery program rather quickly. If they weren't forcing me to ship my OBDEleven so far away at my own cost, I would be singing their praises for having an easy to use program and great product support.

I get your frustration, but it is not uncommon for companies to require the defective unit be sent back (usually for failure analysis). And I really doubt that these things fail every 4 months or there would be threads about that all the time. At the absolute worst, if you had to pay full price for a second one, you're still at less than half the price of VCDS.

And what method are you shipping that costs $40? Why not just ship regular USPS and not buy insurance. I'm guessing insurance is a good chunk of the cost.

Snitt

Ready to race!
I get your frustration, but it is not uncommon for companies to require the defective unit be sent back (usually for failure analysis). And I really doubt that these things fail every 4 months or there would be threads about that all the time. At the absolute worst, if you had to pay full price for a second one, you're still at less than half the price of VCDS.

And what method are you shipping that costs $40? Why not just ship regular USPS and not buy insurance. I'm guessing insurance is a good chunk of the cost.

Shipping a padded envelope via USPS from Ohio to Lithuania costs $33.95, plus about $5 for insurance.

I would contend that the majority of people buy the unit, do all the coding they want at once, and then put it in a drawer. I'm not saying that OBDEleven is junk, I'm saying that for me, it lasted 4 months and now costs $40 to ship it back to get a new one.

The HEX-V2 from Ross-Tech costs $199. The OBDEleven was $66 on Amazon, and now I'm looking at $40 in shipping. Maybe the new one has the latest firmware on it. What happens the next time a firmware update is required? If it fails another time, suddenly I'm at ~$150 on my OBDEleven investment. At what point should I cut my losses and buy a different product that has better vendor support, even though that product isn't as easy to use? That's my debate right now.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
Shipping a padded envelope via USPS from Ohio to Lithuania costs $33.95, plus about $5 for insurance.

I would contend that the majority of people buy the unit, do all the coding they want at once, and then put it in a drawer. I'm not saying that OBDEleven is junk, I'm saying that for me, it lasted 4 months and now costs $40 to ship it back to get a new one.

The HEX-V2 from Ross-Tech costs $199. The OBDEleven was $66 on Amazon, and now I'm looking at $40 in shipping. Maybe the new one has the latest firmware on it. What happens the next time a firmware update is required? If it fails another time, suddenly I'm at ~$150 on my OBDEleven investment. At what point should I cut my losses and buy a different product that has better vendor support, even though that product isn't as easy to use? That's my debate right now.

That's exactly why I bought my VCDS cable and don't worry about anything. I also recouped the cost by offering VCDS coding/diagnosis service to local VW, Audi owners.