GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

Parabola

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI, 22 Tiguan
So I did the mod for turn signals and brake lights to use both inner and outer tail lights but for some reason my tail lights seemed kind of dimmed when headlights are used. All other functions work.
I followed the chart from below and checked all entries.

http://i.imgur.com/yNrwyme.jpg

Anybody has any idea how to bump the intensity of tails when headlights are used?

I did the mode for outer and inner tail to work together some time ago and recently I noticed that inner tail light has delay when brake is activated.

I also changed "Driving and parking light - schluss mit bremslichtfunktion" from not active to active, but there is still delay.

Anybody has any ideas?

Mudsurfer1234

I did the mode for outer and inner tail to work together some time ago and recently I noticed that inner tail light has delay when brake is activated.

I also changed "Driving and parking light - schluss mit bremslichtfunktion" from not active to active, but there is still delay.

Anybody has any ideas?

Staying tuned as I also have the slight delay. It'd be nice for all the lights to come on at the same time, but I'll pretend they're sequential brake lights until then :p

eddiekranc

Ready to race!
Yea the idle timer increase doesn't work for me, it shows the code changed but didn't notice the needle move.

On another note, has anyone discovered how to enable the hidden boost gauge?

I know people with nav can enable offroad menus.

Also how about the video in motion or is this only for the nav unit not the regular unit?

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!

Anybody has any ideas?

I had OEM GTI leds fitted to my non LP GTI a few months back and the installer enabled the four brake light mod via vcds - I noticed the delay as well not long after.

Do LP cars have the delay?

shabaz

I had OEM GTI leds fitted to my non LP GTI a few months back and the installer enabled the four brake light mod via vcds - I noticed the delay as well not long after.

Do LP cars have the delay?

What I can think of is to try and match the priority of the Leuchte channels so the inner will match the outer lights. For example, if the parking lights takes priority over the brake lights for the outer lights, code the same for the inner lights. The priority sequence are as follows: GH>EF>CD>AB
Hope it works out.

shabaz

I'll try that as soon as I get an Android device for my Obdeleven.
Can you shed more light on this procedure?

When i added the brake light function to the inner tail lights, i noticed that the parking lights was set to LichfunktionA which means its at the lowest priority. So if i were to add the brake function and make it match the outer lights which had the parking lights>brake lights, i had to change the priority on the parking lights of the inner lights. Now my intention was to only match the 2 lights in terms of priority. I wasn't trying to solve the brake delay issue. But i hope this way it may solve or maybe reduce the lag.

This is what i did on my car:

1) central electronics
2) security access code 31347
3) adaptation
4) select leuchte23slhlc10 (left inner light)
5) change lichtfunktionA23 to brake light
6) change dimmwertAB to 100
7) change lichtfunktionC23 to parking lights
8) change dimmwertCD to 20 (default is 28)

so now in terms parking and brake light priority, they both match.
if this works for you or reduce the delay, do the same the right inner light. It would be under Leuchte24slhra65. cheers

translux

Ready to race!
Use ODB Eleven on you MAC or PC

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility if through some cosmic misfortune with tech that you negatively impact your car. Further I'm sure this is not a supported method by the makers of ODB Eleven.

With that out of the way I have had no negative issues other than the scan taking longer than it did on my Shield Tablet and needing to restart the app a couple times due to it timing out.

How? Using Virtualbox and a prebuilt image of Remix OS from OSBOXES on my old Mac Air.
Is you're using Windows it's even easier with Remix OS Player http://www.jide.com/remixos-player#download
Note: I have not tried this

It may sound complicated but it's relatively easy to setup.
If this is something that the collective feels is valuable I'll put a tutorial together.

BTW Remix OS runs really well on old hardware. I repurposed a couple old laptops that are very useable. Native Google play store is really the key.

Last edited:

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Disclaimer: I take no responsibility if through some cosmic misfortune with tech that you negatively impact your car. Further I'm sure this is not a supported method by the makers of ODB Eleven.

With that out of the way I have had no negative issues other than the scan taking longer than it did on my Shield Tablet and needing to restart the app a couple times due to it timing out.

How? Using Virtualbox and a prebuilt image of Remix OS from OSBOXES on my old Mac Air.
Is you're using Windows it's even easier with Remix OS Player http://www.jide.com/remixos-player#download
Note: I have not tried this

It may sound complicated but it's relatively easy to setup.
If this is something that the collective feels is valuable I'll put a tutorial together.

BTW Remix OS runs really well on old hardware. I repurposed a couple old laptops that are very useable. Native Google play store is really the key.

I have an Android phone, but this is pretty awesome for those that don't. Nice workaround
:)

eddiekranc

Ready to race!
This is great, I'll try it out later today. Currently borrowing my friends phone but he keeps bitching about it lol even though its a fucking paper weight that can't hold a charge past an hour even if it is turned on.

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!
This is gold!

I took my girlfriend's old LG G3 to use OBDeleven and I hate it!
But I do own a new Macbook Pro with macOS and Windows 10 running on seperate partitions.

Can you post a guide for both operating systems?
I'd prefer a mac setup as I am already running VirtualBox on macOS.

Cheers!

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
This is great, I'll try it out later today. Currently borrowing my friends phone but he keeps bitching about it lol even though its a fucking paper weight that can't hold a charge past an hour even if it is turned on.

I bought a used Siemens $20 of eBay and is doing the job just fine