GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

Sportwagen SEL

Ready to race!
For reason suddenly for the past few days I cannot access the long coding, adaptations, or basic settings in the 5F-information control module. I've never had this problem before. Has anyone else run into this or have any idea what might be the problem? (not sure if it's because I updated the app or if it's because I upgraded the car system software?)

sbarrett4

Ready to race!
For reason suddenly for the past few days I cannot access the long coding, adaptations, or basic settings in the 5F-information control module. I've never had this problem before. Has anyone else run into this or have any idea what might be the problem? (not sure if it's because I updated the app or if it's because I upgraded the car system software?)

I had a similar issue a while back. Try clearing the app cache and restart it.

Dan84

Ready to race!
Hi guys all of a sudden I cannot get the mod for drl alternating with indicators to work. And when trying to use the app for drl I get the not supported message. Tried reverting back to earlier setting but still no luck

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Got a new (to me) GTI recently, looking to: disable soundaktor, "reduce starting vibration," change MFD and HU backgrounds to Carbon appearance, kencha/urban joke tails (dunno the difference between the two), windows up/down w/ key fob, DSG adaptation, and XDS medium... Can't think of anything else off the top of my head I want.

Without combing thru the 114 pages of this thread... can anyone direct me to any kind of "master list" with all the necessary coding changes?

I know i'm posting in the OBDEleven thread but i'm ambivalent to whether I use OBDEleven or VCDS to do these things. Is there any reason to use one or the other?

I plan on simply posting in the regional forums and looking for a fellow user who has either who's willing to help me with the coding changes. I ~do~ actually already have the number of a forum member who's already expressed willingness to help me with his OBDEleven. Any reason I should do VCDS instead?

Sorry if these are dumb questions lol.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion

Sportwagen SEL

Ready to race!
Ouch. Sorry to hear that. I'm not sure what happened there. Does the app show you as logged in? Perhaps it logged you out when you cleared the cache?

Ok, now I'm finally able to connect again (yes I'm logged in) but again, still can't get into 5F (get an error message saying something went wrong, please try again)

Last edited:

rcb020

Passed Driver's Ed
Picked up a 17 GTI Sport recently, OBDELEVEN is on the way. Looking to do these:

AC Hot Country
ESR Off
Starting Vibration Reduction Off
Torque Limiter Off
Hydraulic Brake Assist Off
Soundaktor Off
XDS+ Medium

Is there an app for each of these?

Murf1

Ready to race!
Picked up a 17 GTI Sport recently, OBDELEVEN is on the way. Looking to do these:

AC Hot Country
ESR Off
Starting Vibration Reduction Off
Torque Limiter Off
Hydraulic Brake Assist Off
Soundaktor Off
XDS+ Medium

Is there an app for each of these?

I picked up my 17 Sport last week and got my OBDeleven today.

AC Hot Country doesnt seem to be a thing anymore, it's not on any of the menus for adaptation or long coding. Posted to the OBDEleven forums but nothing back yet.

I set Starting Vibration to OFF
Torque Limiter was already OFF
XDS was set to Standard and I left it there

I also coded 'come home lights' but apparently can only set this to manual without auto lights (have to pull light stalk to initiate)

Added DRL option to MIB II menu
Coded DRL lights off w/ parking brake
Convenience windows
Coded 'Remember recirc setting for the a/c but this doesnt seem to last either..resets to off after some time.

Kinda pissed about the Hot Country and Recirc things, this was one of the bigger reasons I bought this.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
What's the difference between the different XDS modes?
Specially Standard and Medium.

Its rather self explanatory. XDS is brake-based cornering assistance, where the car applies brakes to the inner wheels of a turn to help artificially rotate it. Standard is minimally intrusive, so is not felt particularly intensely. Strong is a bit overly intrusive and actually hurts performance by slowing the inside down too much. Medium is just right :)

Murf1

Ready to race!
Anyone know the difference between the App for coding A/C re-circulation memory and the Long Coding function below? Are they the same thing, IE. this is what the App specifically codes?

Store re-circulation air setting for terminal 15 off
>Mine is set to Reserved (whatever that means).

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Its rather self explanatory. XDS is brake-based cornering assistance, where the car applies brakes to the inner wheels of a turn to help artificially rotate it. Standard is minimally intrusive, so is not felt particularly intensely. Strong is a bit overly intrusive and actually hurts performance by slowing the inside down too much. Medium is just right :)
"Someone's been using my XDS," grumbled Papa Bear. "And someone's been using my XDS," replied Mama Bear. Then they recoiled as Baby Bear screamed in horror, "Someone's been using my XDS too! And he's still using it! Why the F didn't I get the performance package with the VAQ limited slip differential??!!"

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk