GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Weird power delay today getting on the highway. I was in Sport, 4th gear, and gave it about 50% throttle. It was still accelerating but not nearly as much as it should have been for the pedal position for about 5 seconds then all of a sudden the power came back and got me up to 90. Didn't feel great. Tried to induce it again and could not.

Pulled codes with OBD11 and got a P173400 - Starter release from the selector lever sensor system.

I took some charge air pressure actual vs specified and it doesn't look like I have a leak.

Car was warmed up, had been moving and not stuck in stop and go.

Running the Stg2 HT and Stg1 DSG. Any ideas?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Nimbo

I have a 2017 GTI manual transmission with PP and I get a weird thing when in 3rd and 4th going WOT above 3500 RPM.

I got the stage 1.5 tune and put roughly 100 miles on it. Not entirely sure what to call it, but when I'm at 3500-3800 RPM in 3rd or 4th gear and put the pedal to the floor, it bogs/stutters/hesitates a few times before pulling hard through 6K RPM. It's more noticeable in 4th and it's worse when the AC is on.

Have you guys had this issue before? Not sure what to do, but it isn't performing the way other eurodyne cars do.

lostru

Ready to race!
I take it that you have a standard. Doing that will ensure you will need a clutch soon. Keep it above 4K before transitioning to WOT. At what RPM does it stop or not do it? How old is the panel filter? Where are you getting Gas. California is not known for good octane ratings. Try it at the stage 1, 91 octane tune and see if it still does it.

Nimbo

I take it that you have a standard. Doing that will ensure you will need a clutch soon. Keep it above 4K before transitioning to WOT. At what RPM does it stop or not do it? How old is the panel filter? Where are you getting Gas. California is not known for good octane ratings. Try it at the stage 1, 91 octane tune and see if it still does it.

I do have a standard.

It does it in 3rd through 5th right around 4k RPM then is continues as normal. it also normal before getting to 4K.

the car only have 7500 miles on it, so everything is new and I just did a 5k service.

Getting gas at 76 gas station. I attached a video so you guys can see what I'm talking about. took it from my phone so let me know if you cant really hear the bog/ hesitation.

I called Eurodyne, and they said it's the ECU detecting clutch slip and cutting power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgQCEIjEPHk

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Stock clutch? Then I take that back, keep it above 4K before WOT for sure. You’re going to have to baby that stock clutch if you want to keep it for any reasonable about of time, and stop doing what you’re doing in this video. Lol sorry man. Stock clutch just doesn’t hold up well to anything above stock power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nimbo

yea stock clutch.. it's so weak lol. I only did it in this video to mimic what was happening cuz I didn't know how to explain it. So you guys think it's the ECU detecting the clutch slipping and cutting power? I always thought the RPM's jump when the clutch slips, not cut power.

Last edited:

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
yea stock clutch.. it's so weak lol. I only did it in this video to mimic what was happening cuz I didn't know how to explain it. So you guys think it's the ECU detecting the clutch slipping and cutting power? I always thought the RPM's jump when the clutch slips, not cut power.

I thought it usually it does jump in RPM (I never had clutch slip myself when I was stage 2, stock clutch, but I never did WOT in low-RPM either), but if Chris says it's detecting the slip and cutting power then that's what I'd go with. Maybe it's just really slight in this case. I'm not super sure to be honest, hopefully some others can chime in.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
I need some dry/warm weather. I finally put the summer tires back on and it was 32F this morning and mildly moist. I tried to run a log and all I got was wheelspin city in 3rd.
I was running 1.5 adj at 92/24 and want to see if I should bump it up some for my new downpipe.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
mildly moist

soulrider4ever

Ready to race!
I have a MK7 R with the cts boss 600 kit installed, prw mpi 1300cc and walbro450 and flex fuel sensor, currently running UM software.

Is it possible with the Maestro software to pull the UM copy of the ecu and load into Maestro, and enable the readiness codes for cat/o2 sensor - then reflash the same UM calibration (only difference being the ability to have the ECU get to full readiness)?

That way the walbro programing and mpi programing basically go untouched?

Just curious as I don't know how the software would work with a different platform already flashed to my car.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
I have a MK7 R with the cts boss 600 kit installed, prw mpi 1300cc and walbro450 and flex fuel sensor, currently running UM software.

Is it possible with the Maestro software to pull the UM copy of the ecu and load into Maestro, and enable the readiness codes for cat/o2 sensor - then reflash the same UM calibration (only difference being the ability to have the ECU get to full readiness)?

Just curious as I don't know how the software would work with a different platform already flashed to my car.

No, you will not be able to download the UM calibrations into Maestro. If you want changes to the UM software, you'll have to have them do it.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie

hahahaha, that sounds so ridiculous. Mix and match can't be done.

MPI and Walbro can be done now on ED. Choose one or the other :)