GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sandman GTI MK7 PP DCC Lighting Pkg - The Journey begins!

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Chattanooga? You, JC and I need to grab lunch/dinner :). Helped JC install his springs last weekend. It was a great time.

Did your ears burn this afternoon?
After finally leaving the dealer I dropped by and visited JC who just came back from a job. Had a good hour talk about cars and your work this past weekend. Nice of you to offer that many hours l. I think JC is happy with the results and I know appreciated the help. He has an impressive base unit now is see. It would be nice to meet for a meal and maybe a short drive or meal only if time short. Hard to get to Chattanooga for me but do able.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JC Emberton

Passed Driver's Ed
Did your ears burn this afternoon?
After finally leaving the dealer I dropped by and visited JC who just came back from a job. Had a good hour talk about cars and your work this past weekend. Nice of you to offer that many hours l. I think JC is happy with the results and I know appreciated the help. He has an impressive base unit now is see. It would be nice to meet for a meal and maybe a short drive or meal only if time short. Hard to get to Chattanooga for me but do able.

I already know where I'm taking both of you! Either for a bite to eat, or a short fun drive, or both! Thanks for stopping by today. You picked the absolute perfect time. Next time you're in the neighborhood, give me a little notice and I'll see if we can grab Michael for a couple hours.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I'm jealous! I'll be here until June 30, let's make it happen :).

Yes.

I need to replace my lower control arms and need to decide if I will take it on our bring to dealer. Looks straight forward until I get to the part of rotating the engine forward to get the left side bolt out. Dealer quote on work is not bad. If I take to Chattanooga would likely drop off late in day, rent car to drive home and maybe come back on Saturday to pick up. Do not want to take a day off to bring in.

If I bring to dealer, maybe we could do something on the Saturday unless JC is working or we could meet for Lunch during his break if he can get one.

Will update you once I know.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Lower Control Arm

Friday I looked on line for options. ECS Tuning sells red bushings to replace stock arms or you can buy new arms with bushings installed.
Supaloy also makes a high end arms with upgrade bushings. They also sell bushing separately for pressing I think. Would like the light weight Supaloy but decided to go the ECS route. Placed the order and watched for any issues as ECS is known to surprise me with out of stock notice "after" order placed. Maybe I missed it before, but after ordering the ship date was listed as June 21st 2017! I called to verify the delay was the control arms. Yes, not due to ship till June 21st. I asked the sales rep if this was just a forecasted date and it could slide also? Yes!
I did not want to wait that long so ordered what I wanted. Picked the Supaloy arms. Too costly but if I am going to have a sports car it will be sporty. Parts in stock and hope to have mid week.
A video from on line showing the worn bushing and issue.
A few pics of what new arms will look like.

https://youtu.be/j44jaJKSpBw

https://youtu.be/L4PwO4zgSCM

https://youtu.be/upRUI_Y-FN4

Zacr811

Ready to race!
This is something on my list of things to buy. Looking forward to the results!

Noize1

Ready to race!
Had those Supaloy LCAs on my MK6. Single best mod I did to that car. You'll love them for sure! Greetings from the Nashville area!

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
My Australian Boomerangs showed up this week.
Very impressive in person.
Should be installed by Saturday.
It will be interesting to see how they feel.
Hopefully will stop the loose bushing sound I have now.
Just hope NVH does not increase much.
But if they last I can live with more.
Will update once I drive.

Noize1

Ready to race!
Almost zero NVH increase with these. I'm pretty sensitive, so I feel confident about that. Excited to hear driving impressions. Turn in is loads better.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Almost zero NVH increase with these. I'm pretty sensitive, so I feel confident about that. Excited to hear driving impressions. Turn in is loads better.

Glad to hear.
I worried that by improving reliability on a lowered car I would slowly make the ride too stiff. Summer tires, new sway bars, lowering springs and now new control arms, I worried about the end result. It has been hard to judge ride quality change from sway bars with control arm bushing movement and noise. I do know the upgraded Eibach sway bars really plant the car in turns. I thought the summer tires made turning so much better but the rear sway bar alone was a big change. The rear no longer just follows in turns it's almost as if the car now has 4 wheels steering as the rear tucks in and stays even in high speed sharp turns.
Thanks for feedback!