GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sandman GTI MK7 PP DCC Lighting Pkg - The Journey begins!

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
ECS Tuning Jack Pads

I have had these for a while but took some time this week to install.
I did not purchase the $250 kit that has new under body panels included. I purchased the $89 jack pads. I like the rear pads with the cheaper system better. So I could reuse the under body cover I drilled a hole in the panel so the pad could poke thru. I used for member "Hotfart" picture as a guide to see if I could get the hole centered. The pad is 2.25" so a 2.5" hole will work but this is to tight as the cover slides into place. Hotfart used a 3" hole saw. I used a 2.75" to see if I could get a tighter fit. I used Hotfart's picture and used reference point to center the pad bolt so I might drill a well placed hole. Thought I had done well but as you can see I was still off.:mad: I did better on a clean cut on the second hole as you can see in the picture from the first. For anyone doing this, using a hole say on wood the exit side is often the rough cut side, but with plastic the exit side was the best. So if you drill this hole for install, drill from the inside or car side of the panel so a better finish. I cleaned up the hole by hand.

I was off center in the final cut but did hit the hole.
Maybe others can use my pics to better drill their holes.

Edit. More info.
Noticed ECS Tuning sells these two panels for $6 each.
So I guess I could buy and try to center cut better.
FYI if you mess up.

Edit - link to info on ECS covers that can be used with this.
Posting for my records and sharing.
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=355168&postcount=2

Hotfart picture of his install.

My pictures

IMG_2792.JPG

IMG_2793.JPG

IMG_2794.JPG

IMG_2804.JPG

Last edited:

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
In 4 updates

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Jlungo

Ready to race!

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Leyo MotorSports - Knob Covers.

Leyo Motorsports has a nice looking web site and some interesting products, with more coming. However, one should be able to order thru the web site. Looks like site is being worked on for some time. You must email them if you want to place an order. My only other issue was shipping cost is high. Quick but high. Parts come from Taiwan. Based on web site I would have thought they had a distribution office in the USA.

Packaging is top shelf. Nice box and presentation.
Part work looks good on machining and knurling.
The radio covers fit tight. The covers have an O-ring inside and are held on by friction. (no glue or tape)
Due to the radio covers being tight I had to install by adding a little wipe of spit and they slid right on.
Yes, I know, now my car has spit on the knobs now. But it works well and dries in place. :)
The larger covers are not as tight. I think they should fit a little more snug. They slip on and stay in place. They turn the knows with no issue but they can be lifted of fairly easy. I have not had them fall off but if you have kids they may get lifted. All can be removed quickly for cleaning.

They feel great to the touch. Knurling is not too harsh or too smooth. Just right. Takes some getting used to as the OE knobs are smaller (radio) and when driving it feels odd to grad a knob that is larger than one expects. (no comments);)

I will likely ask Leyo if they have a larger O-ring to make the larger AC knobs fit better. A larger circumference O-ring might help this. I will also just try Lowe's and see if I can find a better fit.

The fit is not a deal breaker. They fit and work fine, I just would like it a little tighter.

I think they look great. High end look. :cool:
See below.

Two stickers with item. One white and black.
Also an information card on product inside.
Like a business card.

Cost - $47
Shipping - $27:eek:

IMG_2848.JPG

IMG_2849.JPG

IMG_2851.JPG

IMG_2853.JPG

IMG_2850.JPG

IMG_2854.JPG

IMG_2871.JPG

IMG_2874.JPG

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Looks great. Nice to see you found ones without the notch (that the ECS ones have). And the grip texture too...very nice.

I think the larger ones being loose(ish) would bother me as well. Interested to hear if the vendor has any suggestions / options for you.

Nice work and review!

triharderken

Ready to race!
Sandman, thanks for the pics and the descriptive write-up!

Question: is it just the picture, or do the new knobs look like a whiter alloy than the silver trim accents? I'm surprised to ask this, because after reading your (amazing) build thread I assumed you were way more OCD than me. :)

Speaking of OCD, how can ANYONE handle the volume knob stripe not pointing ALWAYS UP?!?! This has been the bane of my existence since the day I brought my 2012 TDI home and my roommate pointed it out. I've been ruined forever and can ONLY adjust the volume via the steering wheel lol. God help passengers who try to change the volume without asking...

Anyway, thank you for all your contributions. The more obscure the parts, the better!

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Sandman, thanks for the pics and the descriptive write-up!

Question: is it just the picture, or do the new knobs look like a whiter alloy than the silver trim accents? I'm surprised to ask this, because after reading your (amazing) build thread I assumed you were way more OCD than me. :)

Speaking of OCD, how can ANYONE handle the volume knob stripe not pointing ALWAYS UP?!?! This has been the bane of my existence since the day I brought my 2012 TDI home and my roommate pointed it out. I've been ruined forever and can ONLY adjust the volume via the steering wheel lol. God help passengers who try to change the volume without asking...

Anyway, thank you for all your contributions. The more obscure the parts, the better!

You can get a vinyl cover to blank it out