GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS JB Stage 1 Released

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Regarding the install... got my unit and will be putting on in as soon as the sun comes up. Question: Can I hookup A,B and C, start the car to put on ramps, then install D from underneath without effing anything up? Is it safe to start car without D, drive up the ramps then finish? Sorry if this is confusing... Im very hungover right now.

If you hungover leave it for tomorrow hehe

You need plug D to be in before you start because this is where the JB gets power from.

GTI2016

Ready to race!
Installing my unit now but cant for the life of me get D off... any advice from the pro's who have gone before would be appreciated... Is there something locking it in as Im putting alot of force on it now with a screwdriver to try and push it off but it seems locked in by something... thanks.

Norsk982

Ready to race!
Installing my unit now but cant for the life of me get D off... any advice from the pro's who have gone before would be appreciated... Is there something locking it in as Im putting alot of force on it now with a screwdriver to try and push it off but it seems locked in by something... thanks.

Did you try to use your thumb to push forward on the clip?

Bawlti

Ready to race!
Plug D was easier for me to remove with a flat screwdriver. I suggest you look at plug D from the module to see how the connector actually work.

GTI2016

Ready to race!
Finally got D figured out. Thanks to George and those others who replied.

Also just got back from my first drive, about 25 miles. I took it easy at first just to make sure the car wouldn't explode then after about 15 miles got on it at about 50% throttle and holy cow! Very noticeable difference. It actually startled me slightly as I wasn't expecting that much additional power. I grabbed the wheel with both hands as it felt like the car could easily get away from me with the extra torque. Proceeded to gradually add more throttle until finally WOT which easily brought me to a 3 digit speed before I even knew it. The Neuspeed CAI was much loader and I noticed a slight quick 'chirp' when I would left off of the throttle at higher revs. Anyone know what the sound might be and is it something to worry about?

Again thanks to everyone here for all the advice and glad to finally get this car rolling.

Last edited:

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
The Neuspeed CAI was much loader and I noticed a slight quick 'chirp' when I would left off of the throttle at higher revs. Anyone know what the sound might be and is it something to worry about?

Hahaha That is the diverter valve actuating and rerouting air. Completely normal. In fact, it would be abnormal if it wasn't doing that. Reason you can hear it is it's rerouting more air.

tylerf0606

Ready to race!
Finally ordered a JB1. Will be pairing it with a full exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

GTI2016

Ready to race!
JB1

Finally ordered a JB1. Will be pairing it with a full exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

You wont regret it!

Just got back from the shop with my new DP... the car just keeps getting faster. Gonna try Map 1 5.0 again to see if its better with the new DP and not only a 91 oct issue.

GTI2016

Ready to race!
CTS Turbo 3.5 catted, stock exhaust... didnt have a chance to run it yet though as had to make an ER visit.

axl911

Passed Driver's Ed
Just installed the Remus Responder in my GTI today. This is a great combination with the JB1. It totally eliminate that dead spot in the first 1/2 inch of pedal travel. The engine is now totally responsive and pulls strong from throttle tip in.

This is what used to happen. Shift from 1st to 2nd at 3K rpm, let clutch out and feed in gas. Car doesn't really do much or really laggy on what seemed the first 1/2 inch of travel. Press the pedal some more and the car finally wake up and pull. It is VERY annoying.

The Remus Responder totally fixed that. Shift from 1st to 2nd at 3K. RPM drops to 2K+. Let clutch out and press gas pedal. The car responds instantly and get up & go!

axl911

Passed Driver's Ed
Just installed the Remus Responder in my GTI today. This is a great combination with the JB1. It totally eliminate that dead spot in the first 1/2 inch of pedal travel. The engine is now totally responsive and pulls strong from throttle tip in.

This is what used to happen. Shift from 1st to 2nd at 3K rpm, let clutch out and feed in gas. Car doesn't really do much or really laggy on what seemed the first 1/2 inch of travel. Press the pedal some more and the car finally wake up and pull. It is VERY annoying.

The Remus Responder totally fixed that. Shift from 1st to 2nd at 3K. RPM drops to 2K+. Let clutch out and press gas pedal. The car responds instantly and get up & go!

Drove the car to work today, and I am even more impressed with the responder. The lagginess at 2K rpm is gone!!

In 2nd gear at 2.5K rpm, without the responder, you step on the gas an nothing happens until 3K rpm. With the responder, the car reacts right away and boost seemed available right away!

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Remus responder broke off in my gas pedal and it took me an hour to get it out. They need to source different connectors.