GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why aren't there more E flex tunes for the 7.5R?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I daily MPI, flex and an Is12 currently on full e85 at 80%. MPI with smaller injectors is stock on ROW cars. I'd worry about a HPFP personally, but that may just be due to all the failures prior to the recalls.

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
Btw, my R is my daily driver. Thing drives like stock essentially till u hit boost but I run ethanol all the time. Its cheap and I make a shit ton more power with it lol but I drive this thing everywhere. I really dont like driving my truck so I drive this.

I took my buddy for a ride and told him it was stock. He didnt question it for a second now that I have the switchpath till I down shifted and then he started laughing and called me an asshole and said no way this thing is stock ha but nonetheless he didnt question it driving around town for 10 minutes tho..... UM really has this thing driving like stock out of boost its quite amazing actually.

Tyler230

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
You spelled brushless LPFP+MPI wrong.
Thinking more about this option more - what might I gain from LPFP+MPI with a custom tune on stock turbo? It's a lot less labor and money upfront just to slap on a preassembled Autotech HPFP and EQT's E85 OTS tune. More fueling headroom and cleaner valves long term with MPI?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Thinking more about this option more - what might I gain from LPFP+MPI with a custom tune on stock turbo? It's a lot less labor and money upfront just to slap on a preassembled Autotech HPFP and EQT's E85 OTS tune. More fueling headroom and cleaner valves long term with MPI?
Much more fueling headroom.

If 1.8 you'll need MPI and LPFP to run full e85 on anything bigger than an IS12.

On 2.0 if going is38 or larger I'd recommend it. Even with a upgraded HPFP your LPFP will start to tap out on full e85 due to the required volume.

If not using e85, you can get away with a HPFP at a minimum. You won't have a low pressure fuel sensor to tell you what your LPFP is doing though, people tend to burn out stock and even RS3 pumps going blind with a HPFP.

You can get stand alone LPFS setups to add with a HPFP. Currently getting in my fixtures for standalone or to combine with an ethanol sensor.

Tyler230

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Much more fueling headroom.

If 1.8 you'll need MPI and LPFP to run full e85 on anything bigger than an IS12.

On 2.0 if going is38 or larger I'd recommend it. Even with a upgraded HPFP your LPFP will start to tap out on full e85 due to the required volume.

If not using e85, you can get away with a HPFP at a minimum. You won't have a low pressure fuel sensor to tell you what your LPFP is doing though, people tend to burn out stock and even RS3 pumps going blind with a HPFP.

You can get stand alone LPFS setups to add with a HPFP. Currently getting in my fixtures for standalone or to combine with an ethanol sensor.
I should have mentioned that this would be on a 2019 R. Do you think a stage 1 E30 tune would have more fuel headroom than a stage 1 HPFP E85 tune?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I should have mentioned that this would be on a 2019 R. Do you think a stage 1 E30 tune would have more fuel headroom than a stage 1 HPFP E85 tune?
Generally for stage 1 you shouldn't need any modifications. Stage 1 is normally just an ecu flash.

For Stage 2 you generally require bolt ons- DP, IC, intake. Fueling can be needed but generally is 2+.

E30 is just adding 15% more ethanol to 90% of pump blends out there. Almost all pump gas is a 15% ethanol blend anymore. You can run e30 on stock hardware for knock if you wanted. A tune would just give you more (relative, don't expect huge gains on e30) timing, boost, or both from the increased octane.

R has the largest DI injectors of the 3 Golf's, so they can get away with more on stock fueling. If going larger than IS38, I'd personally recommend LPFP and MPI. You can do both for under $1800 total. OEM+ MPI is 600-800 and includes manifold and everything else needed to be plug and play. Rs3 Lpfp is $1075.

If not going for more power, a HPFP e85 stage 2 tune would work just fine IIRC.

Tyler230

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Generally for stage 1 you shouldn't need any modifications. Stage 1 is normally just an ecu flash.

For Stage 2 you generally require bolt ons- DP, IC, intake. Fueling can be needed but generally is 2+.

E30 is just adding 15% more ethanol to 90% of pump blends out there. Almost all pump gas is a 15% ethanol blend anymore. You can run e30 on stock hardware for knock if you wanted. A tune would just give you more (relative, don't expect huge gains on e30) timing, boost, or both from the increased octane.

R has the largest DI injectors of the 3 Golf's, so they can get away with more on stock fueling. If going larger than IS38, I'd personally recommend LPFP and MPI. You can do both for under $1800 total. OEM+ MPI is 600-800 and includes manifold and everything else needed to be plug and play. Rs3 Lpfp is $1075.

If not going for more power, a HPFP e85 stage 2 tune would work just fine IIRC.
Thanks for the explanation. I have two higher octane fuels readily available. 91 no ethanol and E85. The E85 is almost half the price of 91 here. I saw EQT has a stage 1 E85 staged tune (HPFP required), so I was going for a simple set-up. ECU flash and HPFP w/ethanol sensor.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Thanks for the explanation. I have two higher octane fuels readily available. 91 no ethanol and E85. The E85 is almost half the price of 91 here. I saw EQT has a stage 1 E85 staged tune (HPFP required), so I was going for a simple set-up. ECU flash and HPFP w/ethanol sensor.
Cobb doesn't have ethanol sensor support yet. Unless you're talking a stand alone gauge setup.

Mainly why it's a e85 tune and not a flex tune from Cobb tuners.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Buy once cry once. The install isn’t that hard and gives you the chance to do a carbon clean depending on mileage that you may need already. After that if you ever decide to upgrade the turbo or anything you are already future proofed. Also have seen way too many issues with the hpfp kits and if you are gonna buy a pre assembled one you’re almost at the cost of an mpi setup anyway. Fueling is not the place you want to save money.