GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which VW Dealers in Northern Virginia?

krayziejcs

Passed Driver's Ed
When buying out of state, there is NO better option than having the dealer FedEx you the contract. That way you can look it over and see if anything is out of place. All this before you get on a plane. You also have the option of shredding the contract and saying no. Nothing is firm until they have the signed contract back in their hands. The deposit is also a normal process and should be refundable. This dealer did everything right. Not sure why you turned them down.

They offered to send the contract by FedEx (without a deposit) which I said yes. The sales person called me back towards the end of the day and then wanted a $500 deposit to send me the contract. That's when I said no thank you and instead I was sent screen shots of the price.

I should have specified that on my post.

Gro Harlem

Ready to race!
got my GSW from King in Gaithersburg, MD. Was also pinging Lindsay in VA about a GSW back last year but they charge an obnoxious $599 "dealer ass-rape processing" fee while King only charges $299.

Got the car for a hilariously low $18,617 + ttl. Sticker was $26,408, invoice was ~$24.8k. GTI's were similarly priced and I've been monitoring the 2017's in this area and the deals aren't quite as good as they were last year. I'd say you'll be paying an extra grand or so for a GTI compared to last year.

wantone

Ready to race!
got my GSW from King in Gaithersburg, MD. Was also pinging Lindsay in VA about a GSW back last year but they charge an obnoxious $599 "dealer ass-rape processing" fee while King only charges $299.

Got the car for a hilariously low $18,617 + ttl. Sticker was $26,408, invoice was ~$24.8k. GTI's were similarly priced and I've been monitoring the 2017's in this area and the deals aren't quite as good as they were last year. I'd say you'll be paying an extra grand or so for a GTI compared to last year.

Not counting the $1000 Loyalty Bonus, the $18,617 is about as low as they've been in quite a while. No way were they $17k last year or $1000 below your price. Great deal you received there. Sounds like King VW was OK. Some say they do the bait and switch. Glad they didn't with you. Crazy how same dealer can be so different with customers.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Not counting the $1000 Loyalty Bonus, the $18,617 is about as low as they've been in quite a while. No way were they $17k last year or $1000 below your price. Great deal you received there. Sounds like King VW was OK. Some say they do the bait and switch. Glad they didn't with you. Crazy how same dealer can be so different with customers.

I did not have a good experience with King VW. Guess it all depends on the sales guy.

wantone

Ready to race!
I see this note in the DC area inventory. Does this mean they are having a different pricing for out of area customer - Can anyone say how much the exact difference is?

All prices are exclusive internet prices only for VA, MD, and D.C. customers. An adjusted market value will be added back to all new vehicle prices for customers living outside of VA, MD and D.C.

They definitely didn't have this during the Loyalty $1000 Rebate so this is pretty new. And very lame. I've seen other dealers across the country do this as well. Anything to make an extra buck. And no surprise at all.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
They definitely didn't have this during the Loyalty $1000 Rebate so this is pretty new. And very lame. I've seen other dealers across the country do this as well. Anything to make an extra buck. And no surprise at all.

I contacted my dealer and got to know that the difference between DC and outside area customer is $500. They have started implementing this recently. Even with this additional fee, it might be worth getting the vehicle from them.