GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where abouts in the UK is everyone from?

JavaGreen94

Passed Driver's Ed
Seems there are relatively few people from the UK on here!
I'm from up in the north just south of Scottish Border.
Currently got a Pure White 17' R Line DSG which I love. (Even though it's a 17 plate it's a mk7, I'm not sure I like the 7.5 r line so opted for this one) Only picked it up in December.
My Mum has just bought a mk7.5 turmeric yellow SE Nav with madrid alloys which she collects Tuesday after running my old 13 plate mk7 SE for a while. She can't wait!

I don't seem to be able to get much info from the forum as US don't get the R Line trim, not sure ive really seen another on here.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
North Scotland...far north..near Inverness...

As your spec I have a PDF of the VW pricelist & brochure for mid 2016 ..which has your car spec..

So R-Line 2lt diesel DSG, 150PS, 340Nm torque.

car should have come with 18" "Marseille" alloys with 225/40R18 tyres....instead yours was ordered with the "no cost option" of 17" "Salvador" with 225/45R17 tyres..much better for ride & cheaper size tyres

Pure white colour £275 cost option

Dual zone climate control £415 cost option

Discover "Pro" 8" touch screen with voice activation, Car-net, App connect £1,325 cost option.

Winter pack, heated front seats & washer jets, £400 cost option.

That's all I can tell from the above photos....

JavaGreen94

Passed Driver's Ed
North Scotland...far north..near Inverness...

As your spec I have a PDF of the VW pricelist & brochure for mid 2016 ..which has your car spec..

So R-Line 2lt diesel DSG, 150PS, 340Nm torque.

car should have come with 18" "Marseille" alloys with 225/40R18 tyres....instead yours was ordered with the "no cost option" of 17" "Salvador" with 225/45R17 tyres..much better for ride & cheaper size tyres

Pure white colour £275 cost option

Dual zone climate control £415 cost option

Discover "Pro" 8" touch screen with voice activation, Car-net, App connect £1,325 cost option.

Winter pack, heated front seats & washer jets, £400 cost option.

That's all I can tell from the above photos....

I deliberately looked for one with Salvadors. I really don't like Marseille alloys, to me they look like the inside of a jet engine ? and don't compliment the car at all! I quite like the gunmetal colour as bit different to normal diamond cut and easier to maintain. No dreaded whiteworm ?
I had the choice of limestone grey or white but the limestone had the Marseille and no winter pack.
Plus cheaper tyres! I had a scirocco r line with 19" interlagos and was forever driving slowly to avoid pot holes at all cost!

I think I found a pretty decent specced car by the looks of it!

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I deliberately looked for one with Salvadors. I really don't like Marseille alloys, to me they look like the inside of a jet engine ? and don't compliment the car at all! I quite like the gunmetal colour as bit different to normal diamond cut and easier to maintain. No dreaded whiteworm ?
I had the choice of limestone grey or white but the limestone had the Marseille and no winter pack.
Plus cheaper tyres! I had a scirocco r line with 19" interlagos and was forever driving slowly to avoid pot holes at all cost!

I think I found a pretty decent specced car by the looks of it!

Yes you did get a decent spec....

The R-lines are quite good, just VW didn't do them when I got my estate..one year later they did...bugger...

Anyway I like my GT spec...mind you I ticked just about every option available...:D

JavaGreen94

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes you did get a decent spec....

The R-lines are quite good, just VW didn't do them when I got my estate..one year later they did...bugger...

Anyway I like my GT spec...mind you I ticked just about every option available...:D

GT is a very decent spec! I love the standard alloys they get.
I like the R-line because I love the sportier golf's, and after having 2 mk7 SE, decided I wanted one that looked different to my previous 2. at the moment with my age (23) and the driving I do, the 2.0 tdi engine is much better for my insurance and tax. Luckily my car was registered 9 days before new tax rules. Plus in my family there is a megane rs265 cup nurburging edition and a lotus and my little SE golfs looked a little bit boring ? I come from a very car orientated family, but I'm happy with my little engined Golf ?

Aim for my next car is an idium grey 7.5 GTD, just need a year or two for my insurance to decrease and save a bit of pennies. Or may wait for a mk8 but if it looks awful I'll stick with a 7.5 gtd which I think look fantastic.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
GT is a very decent spec! I love the standard alloys they get.

Those got taken off & sold.....I had two sets of Team Dynamic Pro race alloys waiting (one with winters & one with summers)..:D

& each wheel is 2kg lighter than the VW alloys & they are the same size & same size tyres...

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
Nice car there mate. Well I'm on the other end in Essex. Just got my newish to me anyways 1 yo match edition with 17 Singapore's. Hmm what u said about the Marseille alloys I really like them and when funds allow I will be getting some. At the moment I'm just installing a set of jack pad adapters, I did have them on last car and thanks to golfdave how to guide. Also waiting for some vw underseal as one of my jack points has all the underseal hanging off, not good for a 1 year old car but half the cars I checked before I bout this one was the same. It's a big pet hate of mine

Attachments

• 0272018154557.jpg
    0272018154557.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 723

JavaGreen94

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice car there mate. Well I'm on the other end in Essex. Just got my newish to me anyways 1 yo match edition with 17 Singapore's. Hmm what u said about the Marseille alloys I really like them and when funds allow I will be getting some. At the moment I'm just installing a set of jack pad adapters, I did have them on last car and thanks to golfdave how to guide. Also waiting for some vw underseal as one of my jack points has all the underseal hanging off, not good for a 1 year old car but half the cars I checked before I bout this one was the same. It's a big pet hate of mine
Nice! I do love the Singapore's.

This is my old car - very similar to yours but with madrids! (Its still on my driveway right now as we speak[emoji23]) she hasn't gone anywhere yet until next week. My mum's been running it but bought a 7.5 SE also with madrids and parking sensors.

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
Nice! I do love the Singapore's.

This is my old car - very similar to yours but with madrids! (Its still on my driveway right now as we speak[emoji23]) she hasn't gone anywhere yet until next week. My mum's been running it but bought a 7.5 SE also with madrids and parking sensors.

Nice. They do look similar. Lol. I have put the Singapore's up for sale so I can get iver Marseille alloys or the narogo. I do like the Singapore's but to me they look to small, oh I don't know I may keep them. My main focus at the moment is the poxy chipped underseal but apart from that the car is mint apart from needing a couple of tyres shortly. Funny enough I nearly bout a pure white one but as I was deciding outside of dealership someone reserved it.

Last edited:

JavaGreen94

Passed Driver's Ed
You really what the Tungsten silver??...:D

I like mine...

That was meant to say I really like the tungsten silver! ? I nearly bought one when I bought my limestone grey one and it got traded in on the forecourt the same day was signing docs for the tungsten one and it had less miles and upgraded rims so grabbed that one instead, it was there for 30 mins before being sold again haha.

I think it looks really smart on a GTD also.

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
Yep my last car tungsten silver.loved it didn't want to let her go but the 3 door was becoming a pain with the kids

Attachments

• 492017125815.jpg
    492017125815.jpg
    457.2 KB · Views: 715

prp74

Passed Driver's Ed
From London. Drive a white GTI PP.