GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Most people outside of the Volkswagen community have no idea what an R is in the first place. If a guy wants tire letters, and vinyl all over, let him be. You’re not paying his car note ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Most people outside of the Volkswagen community have no idea what an R is in the first place. If a guy wants tire letters, and vinyl all over, let him be. You’re not paying his car note ;)

But hey, you do you.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'd buy an R

-swap to GTI bumper
-swap to Austins and add some sticky meat
-put on all GTI badges
-swap out exhaust for GTIJakes turboback and add GTI rear diffuser
-big turbo, mpi, etc...

ultimate sleeper.

Agree with all that except I would use the TSI emblems.

BabblingBafoon

Ready to race!
I want to start by saying I’m truly not offended by anyone not liking what I like. One of the great things in this world is diversity and being people being individuals. So when I say what I’m about to say, please don’t take it as me being upset by people not liking what I do to my car.

What surprises me about the negativity both here and around the interwebs is the fact that people say negative things at all, or feel it’s their job/duty to inform people of things they feel are bad decisions. I mean, when I see something I don’t like or don’t agree with, I just don’t say anything. If I’m asked directly by someone whether I like something that I do not, I simply say, “It’s not for me, so if you like/enjoy it, then don’t worry what other people think.”

These things are not unique to this forum or setting, so it’s not a dig on that. My wife believes it’s the anonymity of the internet and that “people wouldn’t say things like that in person”, but I only half agree, as people voice their opinions all the time… whether they would hurt people’s feelings or not.

The good news is that I am building my car for me and me alone. If someone else likes it or enjoys it, then that is wonderful. If you don’t care for it, then I’m sorry you had to see it or the post I made… but it’s easy enough to scroll past. [emoji16]

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
I want to start by saying I’m truly not offended by anyone not liking what I like. One of the great things in this world is diversity and being people being individuals. So when I say what I’m about to say, please don’t take it as me being upset by people not liking what I do to my car.

What surprises me about the negativity both here and around the interwebs is the fact that people say negative things at all, or feel it’s their job/duty to inform people of things they feel are bad decisions. I mean, when I see something I don’t like or don’t agree with, I just don’t say anything. If I’m asked directly by someone whether I like something that I do not, I simply say, “It’s not for me, so if you like/enjoy it, then don’t worry what other people think.”

These things are not unique to this forum or setting, so it’s not a dig on that. My wife believes it’s the anonymity of the internet and that “people wouldn’t say things like that in person”, but I only half agree, as people voice their opinions all the time… whether they would hurt people’s feelings or not.

The good news is that I am building my car for me and me alone. If someone else likes it or enjoys it, then that is wonderful. If you don’t care for it, then I’m sorry you had to see it or the post I made… but it’s easy enough to scroll past. [emoji16]

Your car looks really good mate. I like the lettering I may try white on my wheels
Are they easily removed after? Thanks

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Nicely said and I agree.

BabblingBafoon

Ready to race!
Your car looks really good mate. I like the lettering I may try white on my wheels
Are they easily removed after? Thanks

Thanks. The TredWear lettering is not easily removable... or at all removable. The adhesive they use kind of creates a melt/weld between the two rubbers, so I don't think it would be easy and possibly not possible.

The thing is though, these are summer tires (Michelin PS4S), and with the way I drive and how much, I am betting I don't get more than 2 years out of them if that.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Reinstalled one of my intercooler hoses yesterday and washed it today. Also recently picked up this covercraft sunshade for the summer months and it’s really nice compared to cheaper universal ones. Fills the windshield and fits nicely between passenger seat and door.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Reinstalled one of my intercooler hoses yesterday and washed it today. Also recently picked up this covercraft sunshade for the summer months and it’s really nice compared to cheaper universal ones. Fills the windshield and fits nicely between passenger seat and door.

I am in the market for a nice sunshade. Where’d you pick it up?

condi

Passed Driver's Ed
Halogen tails ===> facelift 2018 LED tail lights (Golf Variant) [emoji3]

Next - wheels.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G975F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
You actually want people to race you not ignore you. :p

I wanted e-golf logos when I bought the car. I realized that everyone called it a gti no matter what logos were affixed, so I put R logos back on. [emoji1787] I paid too much for it to be called a GTi.