Cool story bro...

His backhanded comment wasn't needed. Not sure the intent was with it

Lights look great, blaqsheep. I love the 7.5 headlights and am very jealous

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
This...

His backhanded comment wasn't needed. Not sure the intent was with it

Lights look great, blaqsheep. I love the 7.5 headlights and am very jealous

His name is “the gooch”. I doubt we will expect much from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guitargator6

Ready to race!
Added some light smoke film to my tails yesterday. Also toyed around with vinyl for a matte/gloss black two tone idea on my austins. Not normally a black wheel fan but having the subtle contrast looks pretty cool IMO

Attachments

• IMG_1409.JPG
    IMG_1409.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 545
  • IMG_1422.jpg
    IMG_1422.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 532

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Added some light smoke film to my tails yesterday. Also toyed around with vinyl for a matte/gloss black two tone idea on my austins. Not normally a black wheel fan but having the subtle contrast looks pretty cool IMO

Looks like your tails came out great. I've applied Lamin-x to mine twice now, with mediocre results both times. The first time was unbearable but the second time came out alright. I have some bubbles to remove once it settles in but no major crease like last time. Those sharp angles on the top part of the big lights are a bitch

wbw

Ready to race!

Could you post a picture of that wheel on your car?

guitargator6

Ready to race!
Looks like your tails came out great. I've applied Lamin-x to mine twice now, with mediocre results both times. The first time was unbearable but the second time came out alright. I have some bubbles to remove once it settles in but no major crease like last time. Those sharp angles on the top part of the big lights are a bitch

Thanks! yea those angles were a pain in the ass. I was going to use the Lamin-x too, but opted to use a tint film from VVIVID so I wouldn't have to worry about lining everything up exactly. Overall the film wasn't too hard to work with, I probably should have waited till it was warmer out to make it easier though, but I got impatient lol

guitargator6

Ready to race!
Could you post a picture of that wheel on your car?

I won't have them on the car for a few weeks, but here's another angle and it placed in front of my car (please ignore the dirty car lol)

Attachments

• austin1.jpg
    austin1.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 687
  • austin2.jpg
    austin2.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 679

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Not feeling it...

It's not terrible. I like the contrast of the matte vs gloss. I'm just not a huge fan of black wheels in general but they don't look bad

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Thanks! yea those angles were a pain in the ass. I was going to use the Lamin-x too, but opted to use a tint film from VVIVID so I wouldn't have to worry about lining everything up exactly. Overall the film wasn't too hard to work with, I probably should have waited till it was warmer out to make it easier though, but I got impatient lol

Looking at the price of the VVIVID film I wish i went that route... Lining everything up was a pain and it almost seemed like the film wasnt big enough. I had an 1/8th inch gap between the edge of the light and the film on one side with the other side being lined up exactly. Was one 1'x5' roll enough for all the lights?

guitargator6

Ready to race!
Looking at the price of the VVIVID film I wish i went that route... Lining everything up was a pain and it almost seemed like the film wasnt big enough. I had an 1/8th inch gap between the edge of the light and the film on one side with the other side being lined up exactly. Was one 1'x5' roll enough for all the lights?

I got 2'x5' , but I think I used about 1'x5' for the main tails. I may go back and redo 1 that has a spot that I missed and has a crease. I'm also planning to do the 3rd brake light with it and possibly the rear reflectors at the bottom so I needed the extra