GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
I had the same tough time with my BFI trans mount. What a PITA getting under the wiring harness. The engine mount was a breeze by comparison that only took like 15 min.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs
AHHHHH that's what you meant by the LOL, I was confused, my bad. I swear the Audi gives you way more room. I used the 034 guide instead of the ECS guide, but they did it on an S3....

In the end I was able to torque everything properly with a torque wrench, except the forward inner bolt (closest one to the left fender and the front bumper). That one I just did by feel. Then I started to cross-thread the bolts going into the trans. I swear when I'm getting paid, working on cars is easy as shit, but when it comes to my own car I fuck up everything.... even when I take my time.

Wow, I didn't have that hard of a time.
Sounds like you got in a rush.
I don't work on anything other than my own stuff anymore.
Never in a race to get done the quickest either.
I still have SNAFUs but that's just part of it.

I came at that bolt your talking about from the fender side by getting the wobbly on it with an extra long extension and then leveraging the wire tray up enough to tighten it. Same with the back one.

This car isn't my daily so I am working on it as I feel like it, while the weather is foul.
Last weekend I did the driver's side LCA and some other stuff, I might do the other side tomorrow, or at least get started.

Navi

Autocross Champion
yeah those 2 bolts on the transmission mount were a bitch to get to. I was waiting for my swivel to break from the impact gun and then the torque wrench. The "+90 turn" spec on the torque was nerve racking

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs
yeah those 2 bolts on the transmission mount were a bitch to get to. I was waiting for my swivel to break from the impact gun and then the torque wrench. The "+90 turn" spec on the torque was nerve racking

Who makes Carbon Fiber mount kits? :confused:

Haha, got ya!:p

I looked at that wire tray a little while, actually took the top off @ first, duh.

Don't know what mount kits you or W&T have......

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
On the tranny to frame bolts I ended up just marking the bolt and using the impact for the +90, taking it off after each couple clicks to see if I'd made it 90 degrees yet. In hindsight a longer extension on a breaker would have been easier though.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Wow, I didn't have that hard of a time.
Sounds like you got in a rush.
I don't work on anything other than my own stuff anymore.
Never in a race to get done the quickest either.
I still have SNAFUs but that's just part of it.

I like to think I don't rush on my car, but working on cars for a living kinda messes with my perspective. I certainly don't rush when I'm on the clock, but then when I'm working on my own car I get cocky (as in like "aw man, I'm so good at this stuff, I can bang it out no problem, thus getting into more trouble then I should).... I didn't think of it as rushing until now, but that actually explains it perfectly. I just want to finish up and be done with it since I just spent all week working on cars. Just one more thing for me to try and correct both my mental and physical way of thinking with.

I followed 034's instructions on reusing the original bolts and applied lock-tight and torqued to the NM spec. Certainly made it easier. I always hate doing angle torques, but the shop has a fancy pants electric torque wrench that does angle so that makes it easier.

Ah sorry to the thread. Last weekend I installed the 034 motor and trans mounts. Also installed my IE dogbone mount, but will probably end up replacing it with the 034 unit.

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Installed my ECS clutch line to compliment my bleeder block & DKM stage 3 twin disk.

Got rid of the “other” delay valve, made a slight difference so worth it for the money

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Fandango
What’s the advantage of fitting those?

Description from SuperPro:

Now you can mitigate wheel-hop, have more accurate and precise gear changes and maximise efficient power transfer without increased cabin noise, shaking mirrors and interior rattles!

Features & Details

• OE fitment – proprietary materials & OE components make for a flawless fit.
  • Reduces Engine & Powertrain movement by up to 70%.
  • OE levels of NVH – dramatically increased performance with no additional noise or vibration.

According to 034:
Density Line Drivetrain Mounts are engineered with performance in mind, and provide an OEM+ driving experience without sacrificing comfort. Density Line Mounts are void-free and fluid-free, and manufactured from high-durometer rubber to significantly improve performance and longevity over factory mounts. By eliminating the slop associated with the stock mounts, the Density Line Mounts reduce wheel hop, improve response, and offer a more direct, connected driving experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyDrew77
Curious to know how well these perform since they are very pricey compared to all other mounts.

Depends on where you get them, their kit also include the dogbone bushings.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Who makes Carbon Fiber mount kits? :confused:

Haha, got ya!:p

I looked at that wire tray a little while, actually took the top off @ first, duh.

yeah the carbon fiber engine mounts from the new Porsche 911GT3. They drop right in.

On the tranny to frame bolts I ended up just marking the bolt and using the impact for the +90, taking it off after each couple clicks to see if I'd made it 90 degrees yet. In hindsight a longer extension on a breaker would have been easier though.

yeah this might have been easier but I replaced the bolts with new ones so I used factory torque specs. I actually used a longer extension with breaker AND a swivel lol... little swivel survived.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
yeah the carbon fiber engine mounts from the new Porsche 911GT3. They drop right in.

I look forward to the "drop in" of the new 3D printed titanium 8 pot "biggest road car callipers" (41cm long by 21cm wide, by 13.6cm) which only weight 2.9kg (11lbs)..& the fancy 420mm ceramic discs as fitted to the new Bugatti Chiron....

...;)

20 inch rims anyone?....

Last edited:

Jarbear

Ready to race!
Took the car to a buddy to have it tinted. Hooked me up. Percentages are 35/30/20 front to back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Installed my front and rear GTI badge skins.