GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Finally got this set up on. VWR BBK, golf R rear brakes, VWR 18x8 alloys, Firehawk 500's

How you like these fire hawks? I was considering buying them because of their price, but ended up dropping money on Michelins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Finally put some 303 on the weather stripping. Now for the first time the rubber is actually black and looks new. It already looked faded from the dealership! :rolleyes:

jtitocci

Ready to race!
How you like these fire hawks? I was considering buying them because of their price, but ended up dropping money on Michelins

Just chiming in on the Firehawk convo, I've got about 1000 miles on mine, and they've been in cold, wet, crazy rain, warm, and hot conditions, and they have been phenomenal. Someone in the Firehawk thread, actually said their like the "GTI of tires" great performance, and utility, in an economical package.

I had them in some really bad rain and flooding conditions, and not a single instance of hydroplaning at any speeds. On dry, they just grip and grip.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Just chiming in on the Firehawk convo, I've got about 1000 miles on mine, and they've been in cold, wet, crazy rain, warm, and hot conditions, and they have been phenomenal. Someone in the Firehawk thread, actually said their like the "GTI of tires" great performance, and utility, in an economical package.

I had them in some really bad rain and flooding conditions, and not a single instance of hydroplaning at any speeds. On dry, they just grip and grip.

Yea but on ice and snow? Could they be an all season tire?

jtitocci

Ready to race!
Yea but on ice and snow? Could they be an all season tire?

Just based on the tread design I would venture to say, no, not at all. They are totally summer only, but, I plan on running dual set up, assuming I stay in the north east. Otherwise I'm moving to SoCal, and I can run them year round.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
How are they for road noise? I'm looking for something really quiet, and willing to give up performance for less noise if needed.

jtitocci

Ready to race!
How are they for road noise? I'm looking for something really quiet, and willing to give up performance for less noise if needed.

I can only compare them to the OE, Pirelli and a set of Conti DWS's. In order of quiet to loudest:

Firehawk (quietest)
pirelli's
Conti's (loudest)

jtitocci

Ready to race!
Dual set up for the win.

The weather is so crazy in New England that I wish I could afford a third set of wheels and tires to run all-seasons as a transition between the X-Ice Xi3 set and the PSS set.

Seriously. I was planning on running these, and another set of DWS's as my "winters" simply because I'm lucky and can choose to stay home when it snows, but 3 sets would be ideal.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Seriously. I was planning on running these, and another set of DWS's as my "winters" simply because I'm lucky and can choose to stay home when it snows, but 3 sets would be ideal.

That's why I went with Nokian WRG3s [emoji41]they're are "all weather" and can be run in the summer if you want lol but are rated the number 2 best performance winter. I love them amazing in snow, rain and dry. Just took them off and switched to my summers. Never had to worry about warm days or dry days

iPhone using Tapatalk VIP

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M

So far so good. Quieter than I thought they'd be. I haven't pushed them yet so performance wise I dont know but the price was nice.