GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Installed the boomba shifter adapter....wow what a difference in feel - highly recommend in combination with a BFI or other weighted knob....near perfection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Install time?

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
That reminds me. I need to order up my Diesel Geek short shifter.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Install time?

Less than 10 minutes taking your time

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

Wash and wax.

Less car pics, more doggo plz

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Why not just remove the plate cover?

Precisely.

I see people, especially in the DC/MD/VA area, that leave those dealer plate frames on for the life of the car. It indicates to me that they are either severely lazy or just don't GAF about cars or their car's appearance. Trust me, nobody gives a shit that you bought your car in Annapolis. I mean, if they gave you a free yacht with it, sure, rock the M-B of Annapolis frame, but I'm guessing they didn't.

Any plate frame or dealer sticker on a car, if they get it past me in the first place, is removed by me on the dealer lot on delivery day.

Kei_Loper

Ready to race!
Received and installed a Cobb catback last night ?

I should receive my Autotech intake tomorrow, and I'm going to try to get a video of the sound. Surprisingly it's VERY mellow in the car overall, even more so now the next day. It's got a very smooth tone, not much rasp (I'd like more, I love a raspy exhaust) yet which may change after a few hundred miles of use.

Cold start is MUCH quieter than I thought which is cool. Idle purrs like a big cat. I'm on the stock downpipe (will stay that way almost guaranteed as I'm not likely to flash this one), so that if course matters.

The tips are enormous, but look good, the car sounds much more muted inside than it does outside (kinda like a 911 does if anyone else has any experience). I had a friend rev it for me just now so I could hear it, and it's very different outside. It's quite a nice sound.

More details to follow ?

Kei

Kei_Loper

Ready to race!
Dammit, I knew I forgot something yesterday in my excitement to get it installed. I forgot to get interior and exterior decibel readings of the stock car.

I will however at least post those later for the Cobb exhaust, and maybe someone else can do the stock ones. (I'll probably make a review thread for reference purposes of a future person asking)

Kei