Car(s)
7.5 GTI
A little install today
IMG_5882.jpeg

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
While you have the bumper cover off check your vents for leaks.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
My mom‘s VW up! had the check engine light on. This didn’t look factory:
IMG_6926.jpeg

Had to extend the wires because they were hacked up in several spots.

IMG_6927.jpeg

And then I found this ashole
IMG_6925.jpeg

A rat got stuck in the engine bay, and eventually passed away.

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
Conducted a science experiment with a stock MK8 R, test went as expected:LOL: I love my DTR.

Best part was we pulled up next to eachother at the next light, chatting with the owner of the 8R, when a 7.5 Golf TSI pulled up behind us- middle aged woman hanging out the window pounding her fist. I could faintly hear her say, "Hell yeah!! I tried to keep up but you guys were too fast!" Had the whole Golf lineup goofing off on the open road, what could be better!

Pineapple

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI S
Installed euro spec dark cherry LED tail lights last week

IMG_7686.jpeg

The good: Install was breezy, in the sense that it only took ~20 mins but it was also 30 degrees and really windy.

The bad: I'll need to go back under the trim and set up the shopDAP harness to get the orange turn signals functional, then code it in.

The ugly: looks like a bike hit my passenger door and left a bump/scrape 😔

Edit: inb4 needs tint

Last edited:

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Installed euro spec dark cherry LED tail lights last week

View attachment 301570

The good: Install was breezy, in the sense that it only took ~20 mins but it was also 30 degrees and really windy.

The bad: I'll need to go back under the trim and set up the shopDAP harness to get the orange turn signals functional, then code it in.

The ugly: looks like a bike hit my passenger door and left a bump/scrape 😔
Love the look, bicycles suck (and so do the people who don't leave contact info/even a note)

Pineapple

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI S
Bikes are friends, can't be too mad shit happens in the city. The paint is already pretty banged up, so not like I lost pristine condition.
When the weather gets more pleasant I might take some time to give the paint some love. Or just take it to a pro.

I think I'll also try and get the light seated a bit tighter on the driver side hatch light when I go back in, fitment looks a little off.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Bikes are friends, can't be too mad shit happens in the city. The paint is already pretty banged up, so not like I lost pristine condition.
When the weather gets more pleasant I might take some time to give the paint some love. Or just take it to a pro.

I think I'll also try and get the light seated a bit tighter on the driver side hatch light when I go back in, fitment looks a little off.
I fully accept that my disdain for bicycles is both exaggerated and only comes from a personal experience that was 100% my own fault, didn't have a license for several years (speeding tickets, not DUIs). I also had an incident with someone who backed into my car and left a pretty decent scrape on my front bumper that I think will warrant a bumper replacement, though I haven't talked to any professionals to verify it (but there are clearly some deep gouges in the bumper plastics, and I don't know that filler will work). No note, nothing. Super frustrating because I had JUST put the seats in, and it was my first time having the car out that year.

I don't live in the city (well, I'm in the suburbs but I digress) so I feel that a fair amount of incidents can be avoided. And of course, nobody ever hits the car with beat paint. But the one I try to keep nice? Hit like four times since I got it.

Getting the lights to sit 100% perfect is an art haha, I've considered using folded paper as a shim to get things to rest where I want them to be but the pattern seems to be if I would've just left well enough alone I wouldn't have created a bigger problem for myself. But OTOH, no progress without struggle.