GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Welcome to the Middle East!

dasGTI2

Hey man,

Strange, I was told that my car is coming from Germany, so maybe they are not the same batch of cars. I was also told that the shipment will arrive during the 1st week of April, later on they said its arriving early. So it could be the batch arriving from Saudi.

Regardless, I have an appointment with them tomorrow to pay off the deposit and I will ask her some more details.. :D

Yep, i was also told that they'd get a new batch of cars at the end of April or the first week of May.
The day i finally decided on placing the order and putting down a deposit, the salesperson excitedly showed me an Email he had just got from Management with info about the 50 GTIs coming from Saudi at the end of March.

Im only hoping the transfer from Saudi has been smooth and there are no minor scratches/dents that i wont notice till ive got the car home. Salesperson wasnt sure but he was under the impression that theyre coming by truck.

Btw i got an 'appointment' on Sunday

PWN-GTI

Hey guys, I'm not yet a gti owner but will be soon.. I've booked a CSG fully loaded one from naboodah in dxb. As nav was not available in dxb the guys there said they could help me out by bringing one in with the 8" screen (discovery pro) and the dynaudio-- but a FOUR month waiting period. Anyways decided to wait for the 4 months. I.e. Around 1-2 week of July.

Can't wait to get behind the wheels !!!!

P.s. This is my first venture outside of jap cars, so I'm just praying the car is as awesome as I feel it's gonna be!!!!

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
Hey guys, I'm not yet a gti owner but will be soon.. I've booked a CSG fully loaded one from naboodah in dxb. As nav was not available in dxb the guys there said they could help me out by bringing one in with the 8" screen (discovery pro) and the dynaudio-- but a FOUR month waiting period. Anyways decided to wait for the 4 months. I.e. Around 1-2 week of July.

P.s. This is my first venture outside of jap cars, so I'm just praying the car is as awesome as I feel it's gonna be!!!!

Congrats on the purchase! Good option going with dynaudio!

How much extra did it cost you, if you dont mind sharing, as the one without nav and without dynaudio cost 132,000 when i bought mine (fully loaded)

gtiw7

Ready to race!

congrats and welcome on board! standard speakers are very good, Dynaudio must be really really sick!

for the last part; trust me I've tried both...you will feel sorry for the years you wasted driving non-german cars ;)

PWN-GTI

Congrats on the purchase! Good option going with dynaudio!

How much extra did it cost you, if you dont mind sharing, as the one without nav and without dynaudio cost 132,000 when i bought mine (fully loaded)

Inclusive of Nav and Dynaudio - comes to about 146k but the guy again said he'll see about some negotiation as I should be picking up the car by around the Ramadan period (some offer might be there during that time ) the price sounds steep but ali & sons in auh was asking 148k for just the Nav.

PWN-GTI

congrats and welcome on board! standard speakers are very good, Dynaudio must be really really sick!

for the last part; trust me I've tried both...you will feel sorry for the years you wasted driving non-german cars ;)

Thanks man. I already regretted the time with Japanese cars during my test drive of the GTI. !!!!:D:D (July seems so far off!!!!!!!!:( )

sanaveed90

Passed Driver's Ed

Nice!! You lucky lucky guy!!
When I asked them about the Nav and the Dynaudio, they said they stopped taking individual orders like that -_-
Dont really care about the Navigation but the 8" screen looks really good as well as the Dynaudio. The standard sound system ain't that bad but I can only imagine the Dynaudio.

Congrats once again!! The wait will be painful, I am sorry to say :p

PWN-GTI

Nice!! You lucky lucky guy!!
When I asked them about the Nav and the Dynaudio, they said they stopped taking individual orders like that -_-
Dont really care about the Navigation but the 8" screen looks really good as well as the Dynaudio. The standard sound system ain't that bad but I can only imagine the Dynaudio.

Congrats once again!! The wait will be painful, I am sorry to say :p

They only thing that I wanted to get and couldn't was the dcc. They said it cannot be done. Also when I asked for the 19", they said that the stress caused while sharp turning can damage the panoramic roof so I can't get both - so I opted for the pano!!! :D

They said they had got an individual order done for another customer and they could do so for me too. Also I had a small advantage of the asst sales manage being by ex classmate!!! :D

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
they said that the stress caused while sharp turning can damage the panoramic roof so I can't get both - so I opted for the pano!!! :D

:eek: The new definition of Bullshit, provided by al naboodah dictionary.

PWN-GTI

:eek: The new definition of Bullshit, provided by al naboodah dictionary.

ya .... i kinda laughed out when he said that to me - but he did have a dead serious look on his face saying so :confused: ... also i had read elsewhere that VW doesn't give the 19" along with pano roof. Don't know the exact reason though.....

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
I've read it's so that they don't exceed a certain number in kerb weight

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
Inclusive of Nav and Dynaudio - comes to about 146k but the guy again said he'll see about some negotiation as I should be picking up the car by around the Ramadan period (some offer might be there during that time ) the price sounds steep but ali & sons in auh was asking 148k for just the Nav.

Thanks for the info!

They only thing that I wanted to get and couldn't was the dcc. They said it cannot be done. Also when I asked for the 19", they said that the stress caused while sharp turning can damage the panoramic roof so I can't get both - so I opted for the pano!!! :D

They said they had got an individual order done for another customer and they could do so for me too. Also I had a small advantage of the asst sales manage being by ex classmate!!! :D

I was also told by quite a few people that it has something to do with vibration from the 19" rims that could damage the pano sunroof. But seeing how people are upgrading to 19" aftermarket rims etc. just makes me wonder...bullshi**?

But no markets in the world offer the 19" with the pano so there could be something to it.

JoePistone

Greetings from Kuwait City! I'm an ex golf owner and soon to be again within the next year. I've been following the boards but thought I'd check in since I'm planning to make the purchase soon. I used to have an old MK4 2.0 Golf, picked up a 2011 Grand Cherokee from Jeep here in Kuwait and planning to rid of it soon (if any of you from Kuwait are reading, you'll know the big mistake I made of buying the car before knowing the dealer). Our family are long time VW owners here in Kuwait, History of about 7 cars bought from Al-Behbehani Auto. I'm making the plan to switch soon with an MK7 GTI, probably going in for white but I'll decide when it seems more probable. Our most recent purchase was a 2012 Sciroc R that my dad picked up. That things is damn fun to drive.

Anyways, my greetings to all of you in the Middle east!

SharmaGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Greetings from Kuwait City! I'm an ex golf owner and soon to be again within the next year. I've been following the boards but thought I'd check in since I'm planning to make the purchase soon. I used to have an old MK4 2.0 Golf, picked up a 2011 Grand Cherokee from Jeep here in Kuwait and planning to rid of it soon (if any of you from Kuwait are reading, you'll know the big mistake I made of buying the car before knowing the dealer). Our family are long time VW owners here in Kuwait, History of about 7 cars bought from Al-Behbehani Auto. I'm making the plan to switch soon with an MK7 GTI, probably going in for white but I'll decide when it seems more probable. Our most recent purchase was a 2012 Sciroc R that my dad picked up. That things is damn fun to drive.

Anyways, my greetings to all of you in the Middle east!

Welcome along!

I think i speak on behalf of everyone in this thread that you cannot go wrong with the GTI :)

JoePistone

Welcome along!

I think i speak on behalf of everyone in this thread that you cannot go wrong with the GTI :)

Thanks Sharma. My service center here for Jeep has been horrid. They have been giving me glimpses of hope and have done well at times, but too many reoccurring issues and difficulties in customer service.

I loved my old MK4 golf! It was a little FSI 2.0 but man it was fun to drive. When my car is in the shop my dad lends me his Sciroc R and it has to be probably the funnest ride I've ever driven.

I recently test drove the GTI at the showroom here (we have great relations with VW Kuwait) and I loved every bit of it. True it's not the performance car of the year, but honestly I don't need to be hitting Sub 5 seconds off a traffic light. I can't wait! I just need to make the switch, losing too much if I sell my jeep now, so I'm waiting till it's more financially viable here to make the switch.

Thanks for the warm welcome!