GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Urotuning O2 sensor spacer

WhyGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Been searching a bit but haven’t found much about the Urotuning O2 sensor spacer. Looks like a lot of people have used the vibrant one. Anyone have any experience with Urotuning’s version? Curious if it works as well as the other. Thank you.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
I also tried it. Just recently actually. I have EQT Stage 2 post Cobb Greenspeed. I have successfully avoided the P0420 code, but am still getting P013e/f codes. Looking for an alternative.

WhyGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I also tried it. Just recently actually. I have EQT Stage 2 post Cobb Greenspeed. I have successfully avoided the P0420 code, but am still getting P013e/f codes. Looking for an alternative.
Do you have a CEL with this or is it just a soft code? Mainly wanting to not throw a CEL. I will going stage 2 pretty soon as well. Can probably deal with the readiness monitor not being checked.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
Do you have a CEL with this or is it just a soft code? Mainly wanting to not throw a CEL. I will going stage 2 pretty soon as well. Can probably deal with the readiness monitor not being checked.

I get an actual CEL. One option for you, albeit a more expensive one is to get a downpipe that has the EPA compliant version of the GESI cat.

I've used uro tunings spacer on my car and many others. Works fine, the orientation needs to be towards the front of the car just like any other spacer.

I have mine oriented that way. Do you have a pre or post cobbpocalypse tune? Or something else?

WhyGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I get an actual CEL. One option for you, albeit a more expensive one is to get a downpipe that has the EPA compliant version of the GESI cat.

I have mine oriented that way. Do you have a pre or post cobbpocalypse tune? Or something else?
Funny enough I actually bought my stage 2 tuning almost 2 & a half years ago. Life and things get in the way so finally getting around to installing. Had originally bought a CTS catted down pipe but am thinking of going with Unitronic now. Don’t like the CAT position on the CTS & other things I’ve read. Anyway, my tune being that old might still block the CEL. But from what I’ve read if I update the tune it won’t anymore. Will be using EQT too by the way.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
To be honest I had not checked the orientation until now. Last time I was at the shop I handed the Uro spacer to the mechanic and asked him to install it facing upstream.

Just snapped a pic from above and this is how it’s been installed (and not working)…
42396DF6-64F2-4CEF-A870-C029B46CD1B6.jpeg

How much more should I turn it?

Last edited:

WhyGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
To be honest I had not checked the orientation until now. Last time I was at the shop I handed the Uro spacer to the mechanic and asked him to install it facing upstream.

Just snapped a pic from above and this is how it’s been installed (and not working)…
View attachment 275426

And they’re adjustable too aren’t they? As far as how much they’re spaced out? Wonder if messing with that would help at all.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG

View attachment 275426

I would turn it so it's more in line/parallel with the piping. Judging by that picture maybe 45-90 degrees?

And they’re adjustable too aren’t they? As far as how much they’re spaced out? Wonder if messing with that would help at all.

Yes you can adjust how far into the piping they thread. I have mine pretty far backed out. I plan on getting under my car soon and threading it further in. Maybe getting it further into the exhaust stream may help my issue? Not sure. Seems like this o2 sensor spacer game is a crapshoot.

WhyGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I would turn it so it's more in line/parallel with the piping. Judging by that picture maybe 45-90 degrees?

Yes you can adjust how far into the piping they thread. I have mine pretty far backed out. I plan on getting under my car soon and threading it further in. Maybe getting it further into the exhaust stream may help my issue? Not sure. Seems like this o2 sensor spacer game is a crapshoot.
From what I’ve came across for the most part I think you’re exactly right with the crapshoot. Oh well, will probably wind up going for it and deal with a CEL if it happens. Just the game we have to play I suppose.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Bump…

Turned the Felt Sport spacer from Uro around, pointing up to the turbo as suggested here on this thread, cleared the CEL and the catted ARM Downpipe is now running CEL free, over 100 miles now.

1E392B88-EF98-4923-BAA2-6F1F479E0DF4.jpeg
90CB37D6-5627-4D45-9721-5688CF9A1E19.jpeg

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG