GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Update: The eBay Full Replacement Paddles

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
curious why folks like these? easier to shift while turning?

For me, it's a matter of functionality and looks. I find it a bit annoying that every other car with a DSG has bigger paddles, while the GTI's are the same as the ones in my mom's 2008 Honda Fit.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
curious why folks like these? easier to shift while turning?

Yes. Much larger targets.
Can shift in more than just 9 and 3 hand position.
Also for looks.

But in turns use the stick.
Most will say you need to be in correct gear before turn but I use the stick for a 1st to 2nd shifts when leaving a red light and making a turn. Practice using it and it will become an instinct.

Last edited:

Schnell_R

Ready to race!
I received mine today, bought them about a month ago. F&F is pretty good for money. I tried to use the glow string but quickly took it out, the blue look green..yuk. I like the look but wish the milled grooves weren't there but it okay. I got the flat black so they blend well enough.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Ordered mine 12/20, received them yesterday, 1 week earlier than the earliest of the projected arrival dates. (Coincidentally, a small item I ordered the same day on Amazon with no-rush shipping also arrived at the same time, but it didn't have to travel across the globe.)

I'm going to install them as soon as the temperature gets somewhere above 11 degrees, but I won't be using any of the luminous stripes, which for some reason came in blue, green, and pink.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Ordered mine 12/20, received them yesterday, 1 week earlier than the earliest of the projected arrival dates. (Coincidentally, a small item I ordered the same day on Amazon with no-rush shipping also arrived at the same time, but it didn't have to travel across the globe.)

I'm going to install them as soon as the temperature gets somewhere above 11 degrees, but I won't be using any of the luminous stripes, which for some reason came in blue, green, and pink.

Vote for Pink!!!!!!

nype

Drag Racing Champion
OP, just looking at your pics that you linked to in post 1.

Did you code the center display such that the horizontal line is red? On my 2016 that line is white.

Last edited:

Carlos Fandango

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTD DSG

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
OP, just looking at your pics that you linked to in post 1.

Did you code the center display such that the horizontal line is red? On my 2016 that line is white.

The center display is coded, yes.

17 Instruments

10- Adaptations

Select “channel display representation” (displaydarstellung)

Changed between versions until I found one I liked.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
They do in my 2016 MY GTD

You are correct. Not sure what happened. I swore my headlights were on and the rheostat was all the way up, when I went out to check before I posted that they don't illuminate. I must have goofed or something because tonight when I went to check they did indeed illuminate.