GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic Performance Software for 1.8 TSI Gen3 MQB

roscoe108

Just got stage 1 today with the Uniconnect cable. Extremely satisfied with the results. Can't seem to find enough excuses to go out for a drive haha.

Anyone in southern Ontario, Canada looking to get tuned: I would highly recommend Foreign Automotive​ in Kitchener. Knowledgeable, friendly staff. Very accommodating and is the only Unitronic dealer available for Saturday appointments

See y'all at stage 2 ;)

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Hey TankTopMK7. I'm about an hour's drive from Kitchener and have been chatting via email with someone at Foreign Automotive. He sounded pretty knowledgeable and even offered to ship me the UniCONNECT cable with Stage 1+ preloaded onto it so that I wouldn't even have to drive to their shop! Now that seems like great service to me, tho I have yet to pull the trigger.

Before I do, I'm interested to know how your experience was with both Foreign and the Unitronic tune in general. I just picked up a 2017 Golf 1.8T over the weekend and am very keen on going the Unitronic route (mainly because I can use the cable to remove and reinstall the tune whenever the car has to go into the dealership for work, if ever). Please PM if you want. Thanks!

TankTopMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey TankTopMK7. I'm about an hour's drive from Kitchener and have been chatting via email with someone at Foreign Automotive. He sounded pretty knowledgeable and even offered to ship me the UniCONNECT cable with Stage 1+ preloaded onto it so that I wouldn't even have to drive to their shop! Now that seems like great service to me, tho I have yet to pull the trigger.

Before I do, I'm interested to know how your experience was with both Foreign and the Unitronic tune in general. I just picked up a 2017 Golf 1.8T over the weekend and am very keen on going the Unitronic route (mainly because I can use the cable to remove and reinstall the tune whenever the car has to go into the dealership for work, if ever). Please PM if you want. Thanks!
So far so good. Digging the Unitronic tune. I went with uni for the ability to flash at home (live around Hamilton/Niagara region ) The guys at FA were really helpful with any questions/concerns I had. I would highly recommend.

Be careful though, it does leave you wanting more... Just picked up a used IS20 [emoji28][emoji28] and it didn't take much convincing from TOLEDO ^

I will definitely be getting my unitronic IC/DP and stage 2 IS20 at FA in Kitchener

Just waiting for the next elusive uni sale haha. John? want to chime in? ;)

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Be careful though, it does leave you wanting more... Just picked up a used IS20 [emoji28][emoji28] and it didn't take much convincing from TOLEDO ^

Haha, that was only 15 days ago. That's awesome, good work! Let us know how it goes. The IS20 and DP will really wake her up :)

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
So far so good. Digging the Unitronic tune. I went with uni for the ability to flash at home (live around Hamilton/Niagara region ) The guys at FA were really helpful with any questions/concerns I had. I would highly recommend.

I will definitely be getting my unitronic IC/DP and stage 2 IS20 at FA in Kitchener

Just waiting for the next elusive uni sale haha. John? want to chime in? ;)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately I can't foresee the next sale, but you can try emailing our Sales Department at sales [at] getunitronic [dot] com.

May not be available for all ECU IDs. Specifically, many 2016+ models.

How do I know if my car is compatible?

Using a VAG-COM, or similar diagnostic interface, you can extract the ECU ID and ECU Revision Number (collectively often referred to as ECU Box Code) and either give us a call or email to confirm. At this point, we have all known MY2016 ECU box codes, but are still working on 1 MY2017 Alltrack box code at the moment.

4MotionGSW

I flashed my Sportwagen 4motion last week with Unitronic Stage 1+ and I'm really satisfied with the tune. Now I can say the Sportwagen as a little sport into it.

The car retains on OEM feel with the Unitronic tunes (1 and 1+), with the power build up being nice and smooth. It just keeps pulling, whereas the stock tune does not pull at all once at cruising speed.

The guys at Unitronic are also giving a tremendous support, at sales and aftermarket. They are always available by phone (even in the evening) and really fast to answer any questions sent through their support ticket platform.

I just drove to their headquarter in order for them to read the TCU memory of the car and they will create the proper file for the TCU upgrade and put it online within a few days.

I could not ask for a better service.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
I flashed my Sportwagen 4motion last week with Unitronic Stage 1+ and I'm really satisfied with the tune. Now I can say the Sportwagen as a little sport into it.

The car retains on OEM feel with the Unitronic tunes (1 and 1+), with the power build up being nice and smooth. It just keeps pulling, whereas the stock tune does not pull at all once at cruising speed.

The guys at Unitronic are also giving a tremendous support, at sales and aftermarket. They are always available by phone (even in the evening) and really fast to answer any questions sent through their support ticket platform.

I just drove to their headquarter in order for them to read the TCU memory of the car and they will create the proper file for the TCU upgrade and put it online within a few days.

I could not ask for a better service.

Thanks for your feedback! Very happy to hear that you're satisfied!