GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic Performance Software for 1.8 TSI Gen3 MQB

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
I got the stage one tune a few weeks back and yeah... amazing!! Really breathes new life into the car and makes it really fun, really makes it feel like a 'GTI-lite'.

The only thing I worry about is the transmission. I wonder if anyone has figured out what the 5 speed can handle as far as torque.

We haven't had any issues with our MK7 Golf 5MT thus far, and it's had some pretty heavy abuse including a number of track sessions.

I got an OBDEleven and took off the vibration reduction option.

The problem now is massive wheel hop, so anything other then slightly higher then normal launch causes it and it's pretty jarring. Stiffer mounts would help, I am not doing that as the NVH trade off is not worth it for me at this point. The car is quick enough for now.

And yes I was holding the phone hard against the steering wheel. Not the safest way to do it but it was the middle of the night and I was alone on a 4 lane road so no one else to danger but myself. :)

I also removed the starting vibration reduction for some track outings that we did back in the summer and the wheel hop is significant. A dogbone insert has been known to significantly help this symptom for anyone that's interested.

So was that 300hp number at the crank?
For some reason, thought it was whp

Our published output is measured to the crankshaft using our DTS/Superflow engine dyno.

I've been eying this for a while now. Does Unitronic ever have any sales?

We do from time to time.

Now sure if this was asked before or not, but can you use 87 at stage 1 if 91 is not available?

No, you can not use 87 octane with our Performance Software.

Snoball

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Uni! I currently have a MK7 GTI and have your turboback and Stage 1+. I'm seriously considering the transition to a TSI Sportwagon 4motion. I want to do the IS20 upgrade within the first 1k miles and would love a standard but they aren't on the lot yet and there are some deals out there on the TSI 4motion that makes it a great deal.

Does the current tune work on the Sportwagon 4motion? Any numbers for one of those? I'm truly curious if the grip feels better than the gti due to the awd and close to the same power gains.

Thanks in advance!

skinnyroots

Ready to race!
Today I bit the bullet and went Stage 1 with my 2016 Golf 1.8T (Auto). I've owned the car for a year now and I've put 33,000 km on it. The only other performance mods I have are the OEM lowering springs and a 034 Dogbone Insert. And I have to admit, I haven't even had this tune for 12 hours but I am utterly amazed by it.

The car can still drive civil, smooth, and OEM as long as you want it to--but the moment you begin to give that engine some throttle you know that you're driving a completely different Golf.

I could feel it from the moment that I pulled out of the shop's parking lot, and caught glimpses of this newfound power on the short drive back to work. But it wasn't until I reached the a highway and saw how quickly it sprinted to 100 km/h that I realized what it had become.

Who knew that there was this little beast hiding under the hood there the whole time? Apparently Unitronic did, and my hat's off to them. Great job with this tune.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Hey Uni! I currently have a MK7 GTI and have your turboback and Stage 1+. I'm seriously considering the transition to a TSI Sportwagon 4motion. I want to do the IS20 upgrade within the first 1k miles and would love a standard but they aren't on the lot yet and there are some deals out there on the TSI 4motion that makes it a great deal.

Does the current tune work on the Sportwagon 4motion? Any numbers for one of those? I'm truly curious if the grip feels better than the gti due to the awd and close to the same power gains.

Thanks in advance!

To determine if we have Performance Software available, I would need to know the ECU ID and ECU Revision Number to provide specific feedback. If it's an Golf Alltrack 1.8TSI 4motion (DSG), unfortunately we do not yet have Performance Software for this model yet.

Today I bit the bullet and went Stage 1 with my 2016 Golf 1.8T (Auto). I've owned the car for a year now and I've put 33,000 km on it. The only other performance mods I have are the OEM lowering springs and a 034 Dogbone Insert. And I have to admit, I haven't even had this tune for 12 hours but I am utterly amazed by it.

The car can still drive civil, smooth, and OEM as long as you want it to--but the moment you begin to give that engine some throttle you know that you're driving a completely different Golf.

I could feel it from the moment that I pulled out of the shop's parking lot, and caught glimpses of this newfound power on the short drive back to work. But it wasn't until I reached the a highway and saw how quickly it sprinted to 100 km/h that I realized what it had become.

Who knew that there was this little beast hiding under the hood there the whole time? Apparently Unitronic did, and my hat's off to them. Great job with this tune.

Thanks VERY much for your feedback; we're happy to hear that you're satisfied. Thank you for choosing Unitronic!

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
To determine if we have Performance Software available, I would need to know the ECU ID and ECU Revision Number to provide specific feedback. If it's an Golf Alltrack 1.8TSI 4motion (DSG), unfortunately we do not yet have Performance Software for this model yet.

I do not know if he has a 4motion wagen yet, but I do. I have a 4motion S wagen non-alltrack. Where would I find the ECUid and the revision?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skinnyroots

Ready to race!
I do not know if he has a 4motion wagen yet, but I do. I have a 4motion S wagen non-alltrack. Where would I find the ECUid and the revision?

I think you need a VCDS cable to determine your ECU ID. They should be able to do this for you at the shop if you don't own one.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion

You can use VCDS to collect the ECU ID and ECU Revision Number.

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
You can use VCDS to collect the ECU ID and ECU Revision Number.

Would it be the Highlighted text below? If you don't have it for this ECU what would you need?

Address 01: Engine
Control Module Part Number: 8V0 906 264 L
Component and/or Version: 1.8l R4 TFSI H13 0002
Software Coding: 091D00122466002F0000
Work Shop Code: WSC 00066
VCID: 4581B1B9C4A5ED6ACF-8010

Advanced Identification/FAZIT
Identification: YNF-GDL
Revision: --H13---
Date: 13.08.16
Manufacturer number: 0136
Test stand number: 0056
Flash Status
Programming Attempts(application): 1/1/1
Successful Attempts(application): 1/1/1
Programming Status: 00000000
Flash Date: 16.08.30
Software
HiSpd Net: 01.12.01
Misc.
Hardware number: 06K 907 425 B
Workshop System Name: J623
ASAM Dataset: EV_ECM18TFS0208V0906264L
ASAM Dataset Revision: 001003
Car Info
Chassis Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Engine code: CXBB
VCDS Info:
Labels: 06K-907-425-V1.clb
Readiness: No script available

Last edited:

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Would it be the Highlighted text below? If you don't have it for this ECU what would you need?

Address 01: Engine
Control Module Part Number: 8V0 906 264 L
Component and/or Version: 1.8l R4 TFSI H13 0002
Software Coding: 091D00122466002F0000
Work Shop Code: WSC 00066

Advanced Identification/FAZIT
Identification: YNF-GDL
Revision: --H13---
Date: 13.08.16
Manufacturer number: 0136
Test stand number: 0056
Flash Status
Programming Attempts(application): 1/1/1
Successful Attempts(application): 1/1/1
Programming Status: 00000000
Flash Date: 16.08.30
Software
HiSpd Net: 01.12.01
Misc.
Hardware number: 06K 907 425 B
Workshop System Name: J623
ASAM Dataset: EV_ECM18TFS0208V0906264L
ASAM Dataset Revision: 001003
Car Info
Chassis Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Engine code: CXBB
VCDS Info:
Labels: 06K-907-425-V1.clb
Readiness: No script available

ECU ID is 8V0906264L and the ECU Revision is 0002. This is the same ECU as the Golf Alltrack. Unfortunately we do not currently have Software online for this ECU, but we're working on it.

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
ECU ID is 8V0906264L and the ECU Revision is 0002. This is the same ECU as the Golf Alltrack. Unfortunately we do not currently have Software online for this ECU, but we're working on it.

Please advise when it is ready. Any estimated time frame? Also looking for DSG tune for this car. Would that be in the works as well?

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Please advise when it is ready. Any estimated time frame? Also looking for DSG tune for this car. Would that be in the works as well?

DSG software is ready. It shouldn't be more than a few weeks for the ECU. I'll try to circle back and make a post here once it is.

jon_snow

Have You heard about some restrcions in 1.8 4x4? There is DQ250 but there is also flywheel other than 2.0. I heard that could be problem with vibrations. HAve You tested this car? I am wondering how it works ca 280-300 bhp with is20 or with bigger moment on stock turbo.

sickguy

We haven't had any issues with our MK7 Golf 5MT thus far, and it's had some pretty heavy abuse including a number of track sessions.

I also removed the starting vibration reduction for some track outings that we did back in the summer and the wheel hop is significant. A dogbone insert has been known to significantly help this symptom for anyone that's interested.

Our published output is measured to the crankshaft using our DTS/Superflow engine dyno.

We do from time to time.

No, you can not use 87 octane with our Performance Software.

I just leased a 2017 Golf TSI, I really want to get a tune for the car, but is your tune transferable to a different car when I need to turn the car in after the lease ends?