GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic Performance Software for 1.8 TSI Gen3 MQB

Lunch Lady Doris

Much better than mine. Mine seems to bog down when I launch it and that hurts my time.

I got an OBDEleven and took off the vibration reduction option.

The problem now is massive wheel hop, so anything other then slightly higher then normal launch causes it and it's pretty jarring. Stiffer mounts would help, I am not doing that as the NVH trade off is not worth it for me at this point. The car is quick enough for now.

And yes I was holding the phone hard against the steering wheel. Not the safest way to do it but it was the middle of the night and I was alone on a 4 lane road so no one else to danger but myself. :)

bmw2vw

Ready to race!
OBDEleven, and 034 Motorsports dog mount are high on my list of mods (not so sure on 034 after reading several threads) , but turning off Vibration Reduction would definitely benefit me getting a better launch. Like you, I am not interested in increasing NVH (learned my lesson with my E36 M3) so I will be leaving the motor, and other mounts alone.

How is the torque steer on yours? My car pulls likes no ones business in first which is something I never had in my MKVI GTi ( also had the APR stage 1 tune)

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
OBDEleven, and 034 Motorsports dog mount are high on my list of mods (not so sure on 034 after reading several threads) , but turning off Vibration Reduction would definitely benefit me getting a better launch. Like you, I am not interested in increasing NVH (learned my lesson with my E36 M3) so I will be leaving the motor, and other mounts alone.

How is the torque steer on yours? My car pulls likes no ones business in first which is something I never had in my MKVI GTi ( also had the APR stage 1 tune)

I think that all of the problems with the 034 insert have been with the v2. I have v1, and I haven't taken it out to look, but it still feels pretty much the same as the day I put it in.

As far as torque steer, I haven't heard of anyone with a mk7 having any. My car doesn't have even a hint of torque steer, and I believe even people with IS38's or stage 3 GTI's aren't even getting any (I could be wrong at power levels that high, but I haven't heard anything mentioned personally). I think vw has done some kind of steering magic with the mk7, as it seems to be almost perfect.

bmw2vw

Ready to race!
I think that all of the problems with the 034 insert have been with the v2. I have v1, and I haven't taken it out to look, but it still feels pretty much the same as the day I put it in.

As far as torque steer, I haven't heard of anyone with a mk7 having any. My car doesn't have even a hint of torque steer, and I believe even people with IS38's or stage 3 GTI's aren't even getting any (I could be wrong at power levels that high, but I haven't heard anything mentioned personally). I think vw has done some kind of steering magic with the mk7, as it seems to be almost perfect.

I thought thst was strange cuz my 2012 GTi with the APR stage 1 had zero torque steer. Perhaps it has something to do with tires as I bought the tires, and wheels used. It definitely pulls to the left when I get on the throttle. I will try to get it on video so you guys can direct me on what could possibly be causing that pull. (Didn't experience it when the car was stock with stock wheels)

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
So, it may have been enough time by now. Does anyone with an IS20 have any whp dyno's yet? I've been trying to figure out what it will be, but it's difficult to get concrete numbers for our drivetrain losses. I know ~10% is usually a good number for our cars, but some dyno sheets I've seen have more losses up top, and others have pretty consistent losses all around, and others have different losses altogether. As far as I can tell it's going to be between 250 whp and 280 whp, but that range is too big for comfort.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
So was that 300hp number at the crank?
For some reason, thought it was whp

skinnyroots

Ready to race!
I've been eying this for a while now. Does Unitronic ever have any sales?