GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Under Boosting

sokerito1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey all!

I've had my GTI for a year and a half. I've been modding it since day 3. My car is currently running FBO with Revo Stage 2 and Snow performance water meth kit.

Car pulled really strong with boosts of 26psi with meth.

A few weeks ago I noticed that my car was not hitting the usual psi. Now it usually tops 20psi or less. I've checked spark plugs, cleaned filter, checked if there was any boost leak.

I'm getting worried because I can't find the issue.

Has someone experienced something similar?

drrck

Go Kart Champion
Has the weather gotten cooler? If you are hitting the target value then there should be no problem.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
are you running it with and without traction on...that could be it too...the computer is recognizing the full torque and power so its not throwing as much boost as it used to

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Last log target vs actual were very similar.

So it's making then what it wants. And as others have just said environment has a bit the do with that. Adding an inner cooler could also drop it a bit as well as cooler whether.

Another option is if you had taken the car into the dealer they might of flashed you back to stock. Don't know why they would do this but it's happened in the past.

sokerito1

Passed Driver's Ed
So it's making then what it wants. And as others have just said environment has a bit the do with that. Adding an inner cooler could also drop it a bit as well as cooler whether.

Another option is if you had taken the car into the dealer they might of flashed you back to stock. Don't know why they would do this but it's happened in the past.

This has been happening starting 2-3 weeks ago. I definetly feel the loss of power. I have a CTS direct fit intercooler and water meth system. The strange thing is that each pull the boost drops. It's more like protecting itself. Yesterday I took out the rs7 spark plugs and they defiently seem lean.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
Ign Timing and cylinder correction values in addition to intake air temp, RPM, requested vs actual boost