GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

HowlingFantods

D.C. area dealers were offering $4k off their Rs. I think there were probably catches to this but I got a local dealer outside of Philly to match their offer on an apparently fully loaded '17 manual R (meaning not one of the earlier ones without the driver assist package). Around 40,780 out the door, (including everything, taxes and fees), with service covered through 2020. Should I go for it or wait for the '18 and pay at least $4k more for it?

I'm still teetering between DSG or stick. DSG is alluring because it's faster and responds much better to a tune... But I feel like stick is fun all the time. DSG is only fun when I'd be driving like an asshole, which I would only be doing maybe 2-3% of the time.

Such a tough choice, the '18 model is looking pretty exciting and the addition of the 7spd DSG would be a no brainer... But $4k off kinda feels like a no brainer as well.

HowlingFantods

I wish I could spend more time with the car before making such a huge decision. Back to back half hour long drives in a DSG and a manual would make this so much easier, not a quick spin around one small block. Maybe they'll let me do something like that with two GTI's instead.

mattd502

Ready to race!
Can anyone share their Lease Deals on 2017 GTI's. I am located in Southern CA.

What can I expect for 2017 Sport or SE Auto Lease? I am looking for a 3 Year 10-12K/year.

Thank you!

Don't know if you're still making you're decision or not but this is how I got this deal which i'm extremely happy with.

First hit them at the end of the month, I went on the second last day of the month and left in my car the last day of the month.

Second tell them exactly what you want, don't budge they will break and give you what you want if it's reasonable.

I work part time at a Chrysler dealership as a detailer so I've been around dealerships and this is how they work, they don't care about the lease, they're not making real money selling new cars or leasing new cars, what they want to do is get rid of a certain amount to hit quota's and get bonuses from the auto manufacturer they sell.

Using all this I went in and told them I wanted to pay 356 a month and refused to give them any money besides my trade which was a total POS saab that was just an auction car for them. Long story short I held firm and left the dealer in a brand new 17 GTI S without a single penny coming out of my pocket, not for new plates or registration, nothing. I think the money they gave me for the Saab came out to $2200 even though it would've only been worth about $1500 if I sold it on my own via craigslist.

This is all coming from someone who was 19 years old at the time with no real credit , only about a year of small credit card purchases. My dealer really bent over backwards to get me in this car at the price I wanted without a cosigner. Tell them what you want, don't break, and go at the end of the month and you can get a decent deal, good luck!

Royal1

Ready to race!
Don't know if you're still making you're decision or not but this is how I got this deal which i'm extremely happy with.

First hit them at the end of the month, I went on the second last day of the month and left in my car the last day of the month.

Second tell them exactly what you want, don't budge they will break and give you what you want if it's reasonable.

I work part time at a Chrysler dealership as a detailer so I've been around dealerships and this is how they work, they don't care about the lease, they're not making real money selling new cars or leasing new cars, what they want to do is get rid of a certain amount to hit quota's and get bonuses from the auto manufacturer they sell.

Using all this I went in and told them I wanted to pay 356 a month and refused to give them any money besides my trade which was a total POS saab that was just an auction car for them. Long story short I held firm and left the dealer in a brand new 17 GTI S without a single penny coming out of my pocket, not for new plates or registration, nothing. I think the money they gave me for the Saab came out to $2200 even though it would've only been worth about $1500 if I sold it on my own via craigslist.

This is all coming from someone who was 19 years old at the time with no real credit , only about a year of small credit card purchases. My dealer really bent over backwards to get me in this car at the price I wanted without a cosigner. Tell them what you want, don't break, and go at the end of the month and you can get a decent deal, good luck!

Did you buy or lease?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattd502

Ready to race!
Did you buy or lease?

That was 356/month on a 36 month lease with 12k a year but I'm going to be buying it out, i've already fallen in love with it and will be going apr either this summer or next summer haven't decided how deep into my warranty I want to go yet.

mattd502

Ready to race!
Do you know what all your info was? Like your sale price and money factor was?

I'd have to go digging through my file cabinet to find my contract and sticker but I know there were no rebates/incentives at the time and the price i asked for was lower than the advertised lease deal they had that month, it wasn't a really good deal to be looking into a GTI when I went haha. The real highlight of the deal was them giving me as much as they did for my trade on a car that was worth nothing. Incentives and Lease offers don't really matter at the end of the month, they'll do whatever they can to get you in one of their cars at the end of the month.

Royal1

Ready to race!
I'd have to go digging through my file cabinet to find my contract and sticker but I know there were no rebates/incentives at the time and the price i asked for was lower than the advertised lease deal they had that month, it wasn't a really good deal to be looking into a GTI when I went haha. The real highlight of the deal was them giving me as much as they did for my trade on a car that was worth nothing. Incentives and Lease offers don't really matter at the end of the month, they'll do whatever they can to get you in one of their cars at the end of the month.

Yeah for sure. Thanks for the info. I'm either going at the end of this month or next month to see what I can do. Just waiting for my insurance to switch since I need a lower insurance for a more expensive car haha. 19 and turbos don't mix well.

mattd502

Ready to race!
Yeah for sure. Thanks for the info. I'm either going at the end of this month or next month to see what I can do. Just waiting for my insurance to switch since I need a lower insurance for a more expensive car haha. 19 and turbos don't mix well.

I feel ya there one thing I did not get a deal on was insurance, best I could do was 800/6 months for full coverage, 19 and turbos DEFINITELY don't mix well (20 now and doesn't mix any better) good luck!

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Did that deal include loyalty or partner discount?
There is no loyalty discount on the R from what I've seen. They did an "online" discount. I wanted invoice which was 39,783 or something since truecar was showing I should be able to get it. Either way not a terrible deal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I feel ya there one thing I did not get a deal on was insurance, best I could do was 800/6 months for full coverage, 19 and turbos DEFINITELY don't mix well (20 now and doesn't mix any better) good luck!
I was at 1100/year when I had my mk6 gti. Granted I pay the exact same now for my R.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
D.C. area dealers were offering $4k off their Rs. I think there were probably catches to this but I got a local dealer outside of Philly to match their offer on an apparently fully loaded '17 manual R (meaning not one of the earlier ones without the driver assist package). Around 40,780 out the door, (including everything, taxes and fees), with service covered through 2020. Should I go for it or wait for the '18 and pay at least $4k more for it?

I'm still teetering between DSG or stick. DSG is alluring because it's faster and responds much better to a tune... But I feel like stick is fun all the time. DSG is only fun when I'd be driving like an asshole, which I would only be doing maybe 2-3% of the time.

Such a tough choice, the '18 model is looking pretty exciting and the addition of the 7spd DSG would be a no brainer... But $4k off kinda feels like a no brainer as well.
Dsg and yeah I saw those listed for that dealer and it's insane but I bet you have to use VW finance or something to get that price.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI

We don't really know if we will get the updates over here in the states. If you wait for the 18's you might be able to get a better deal on 17s