GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

EA888MK7

Ready to race!
Would it be realistic for me to expect to pay about $28k OTD for a 17 GTI Autobahn? I'll be looking to buy in the summer so I'm expecting the 18 model year to start hitting dealers around then. I'd be willing to travel for the deal also because prices in my area seem very high.

A co-worker picked up DSG autobahn for $29,500 + tax/license.

I picked up my SE for $27,700 + tax/license.

wantone

Ready to race!
Live in Indiana. TDI Turn in.

17 GTI Sport manual, red.

Best OTD near home was $27,800.

King VW in Gaithersburg MD was $25027 OTD.

Paid $56 for a one way ticket IND to DCA and drove it back.

Just couldn't justify the extra $2700 to buy local. My only concern is the 'double taxation' question. Indy dealers swear I'm going to get hit with MD taxes and IN taxes, my contention, having bought a VW previously out of state, was that you pay taxes in the place where you register the car (IN). King VW is agreeing with me, but we'll see when I go to get the plates... (Even if double taxes, I still saved well over $1000 going to King...)

That's just a bitter dealer upset with losing an out of state sale. You'll pay only one tax and like you mentioned it's where you register the vehicle. Sad dealers will say crap like this but it's common. Care to break down your OTD price for others? Price of car, tax etc?

Russooo

Ready to race!
So going to pick up my White 2017 DSG golf R on Monday and my total price out the door with dealership fees and state taxes included is 42,900 ... I'm putting 10k down and taking out 72 month loan so my monthly payments will be around 530 a month ... I do plan on reselling the car in 2 years with just around 20,000 miles on it and will be looking to get around 33-35k for the car !

Russooo

Ready to race!
So FINAL UPDATE

just put down $1,000 deposit heading there Monday.. I'm walking out the door at $42,950 EVERYTHING INCLUDED putting $10,000 down payment , so I'm financing 32,950 at around 4.5 % intereste rate with credit score just over 700 .. Monthly payments around 532 ! But I'm going to be Selling the car in 2 years with about 20k miles on it should easily get 34k for it since its DSG , honestly couldn't be happier with the purchase been calling around to alot of dealerships this past week , No one coming close to this price .. #HappyNewGolfR owner :)

Will post pictures once I pick it up !!!

ineedboostedmk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Nope! I was pre-approved with the credit union and my bank. Supposedly the price was $1000 more if you finance threw VW...

And I stand corrected -- co-worker paid $29,400 + Tax/License for his DSG Autobahn and it has the adaptive cruise control!

You mean $1000 less if you finance with VW right?

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
$28700 before taxes, processing fees, destination fee, and tags/title.

Ourisman VW Rockville.

Good deal, but will never return to that dealer, crap experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runnerdm6

posted this in the other forum, but figured I'd post it here too!

Got my silver 2017 GTI S DSG 4 door from Military Auto Source for $21,519 + TTL. Picking it up this week. They are good about price matching- I must have emailed 20-30 dealers to get quotes during my deployment and eventually worked my way down to that price. I'm extremely happy with the deal, not so much with MAS's lack of communication during the delivery process. That being said, they didn't try to play any games with me the way I've had dealers do in the past, so I would probably do it again.

rfc89747

Ready to race!
$28700 before taxes, processing fees, destination fee, and tags/title.

Ourisman VW Rockville.

Good deal, but will never return to that dealer, crap experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking at some of their stock the other day. Would you mind telling me how much the fee's, tags/title were? What was your out the door price?

rfc89747

Ready to race!
So it seems like my 28k OTD would be something that probably wont happen. Unless discounts on 2017s around when the 2018 model year vehicles are released would be that significant. Any chance of that?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So it seems like my 28k OTD would be something that probably wont happen. Unless discounts on 2017s around when the 2018 model year vehicles are released would be that significant. Any chance of that?

A 6 speed Autobahn is $35k. So basically you want to buy a $35k car for $26,500 ($8,500 off sticker) + $1,500 taxes (6% in PA) =$28k OTD.

Yeah, no that isn't happening.