GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

Mousa

Passed Driver's Ed
First time poster and new car buyer. Been lurking and think I'm finally ready to get an CSG SE 6MT this weekend. Dealer is offering $26,566 before taxes (no loyalty, yes partner program). It looks like a good deal for the Northern California area based on what I've read in this thread.

Thank you everyone who's shared their experiences. Pretty darn stoked to join the club!

Last edited:

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
First time poster and new car buyer. Been lurking and think I'm finally ready to get an CSG SE 6MT this weekend. Dealer is offering $26,566 before taxes (no loyalty, yes partner program). It looks like a good deal for the Northern California area based on what I've read in this thread.

Thank you everyone who's shared their experiences. Pretty darn stoked to join the club!

Make sure it has lighting package. Seems like a decent deal for NorCal.

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
When i was shopping some dealers say that lighting package is standard on 17' SE and Autobahn trims while other dealers seemed to disagree

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Cam1

I picked it up with 6 miles on the odometer, it was a 11/16 build date too! I love it, i thought i would feel like a downgrade versus the S4 but it feels like such an expensive car for the price point, even compared to my wife's 2016 loaded out Audi S3 which stickered at $53k.

I'm really loving this MK7. It's been 4 days of ownership and I'm gonna hit 500 miles on my way home from work today, overall I'm averaging 29.5 MPGs versus the 18.5 MPG overall when I had the S4.

I'll tell you what.... albeit we might not have the fastest car for the price, I don't think you can find a car with such package at this price.

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Most definitely, nothing comes close at this price point.

I must say that i love the DCC, jekyll and hyde personality between comfort and sport settings. It feels just as capable as the mag ride in my wife's S3.

Bill1

Taking the buyback on my 2012 Jetta TDI next month, but couldn't wait to buy a GTI... Picked up a silver 2017 SE with LP, monster mats & trunk liner, luggage net and roadside kit for 26,400 not counting TTL (included loyalty). Out the door $28,457 (dealer add on must vary)

Thought I did pretty well,then I saw this one online: http://www.vwking.com/new-Gaithersburg-2017-Volkswagen-Golf+GTI-SE-3VW547AU7HM010079

$23,777 - no LP, but still! Seems like a great buy...

Last edited:

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Taking the buyback on my 2012 Jetta TDI next month, but couldn't wait to buy a GTI... Picked up a silver 2017 SE with LP, monster mats & trunk liner, luggage net and roadside kit for 26,400 not counting TTL (included loyalty).

Thought I did pretty well,then I saw this one online: http://www.vwking.com/new-Gaithersburg-2017-Volkswagen-Golf+GTI-SE-3VW547AU7HM010079

$23,777 - no LP, but still! Seems like a great buy...

It'll crack $25k once they add freight and dealer fee, but still a good deal. DC area pricing is very competitive. Dozens of dealers in a 50 mile radius of each other.

Spooled1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey spooled, what kind of deal did you get?

Sorry for the delay. :D

Purchased from Stohlman VW in Virginia. I worked with Paul Turk. Call him! He's a straight shooter and gave me this price right off the bat. In return, I did not give him a hard time. With little hesitation I just said let's do this!

I also went with Montway Auto Transport. They did good. https://www.montway.com

2017 GTI
SE
Black/Black
DSG
Lighting package
Monster mats

$25,696 sale price
$820 Freight fee
$599 Doc fee
$TTL
_______

$29,120 out the door

No loyalty, no rebates, just a great price. That, IMO, is a phenomenal deal, given that I paid roughly the same amount for my last 2013 Mk6 S, with cloth and 6MT. No lighting package, no fender audio (OMG, it's awesome!!!), and no DSG.

That's how car buying should be. Just give me a great price, and I'll sign the dotted line and go enjoy my new toy! It does't have to be the best price anyone has ever seen, just get me close enough and i'll say yes, and save the haggling and heartache!

I paid $450 for Montway to ship it from VA to CT.

I really appreciate all your help. Everyone here has been awesome! :D

work2fly

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow, I thought I had a good deal, until I found this thread. :rolleyes:

Last week, I picked up a 2017 GTI Sport with DSG, rubber mats, wheel locks and roadside assistance kit. MSRP was $30,215. Dealer took $3,500 off and I got another $1K from VW loyalty for a net of $25.7K before tax and title.

Thankfully, doc fee is limited to $80 in Calif.

Kart17

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
26K OTD including all fees and taxes (Michigan) at Lindsay VW for a GTI Sport.
Including:
-Extended Factory Warranty
-Gap
-Wheel and Tire Insurance (I love the factory Nogaros)

Wasn't getting anything close to that price back in Michigan.

Last edited:

avg_joe

Read the fine print...

Who knows, might be a "demo" car with a few thousand miles on it. Still a good deal. But may not be an apples to apples comparison to brand new models.

Like every DC area dealer, this advertised price includes every discount possible, even if they cant actually be combined, or you don't qualify for it, and then you have to add freight to this price along with dealer fees..

SuperFDuper

Didn't buy new, but picked up a 2016 GTI S, 4 door, DSG, lighting package and backup camera with just over 10k miles for 22,500 OTD. Came in to look at a 2014 CPO Driver's Edition but it already had a deposit on it. Feel like I did well considering I paid 24,700 for my 2011 2 door manual when new.